Jets | Coleman & Barnes contract updates

Smizzy

Jets | Coleman contract update

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:19:49 -0800

Updating a previous item, Rick Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets DE Kenyon Coleman's deal with the team is a five-year contract worth $20.5 million with a $4.5 million signing bonus. The deal includes base salaries of $1 million (2007), $4 million (2008), $3 million (2009), $3 million (2010) and $2.5 million (2011).

Jets | Barnes contract update

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:27:58 -0800

Updating a previous item, Rick Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets FB Darian Barnes' deal with the team is a one-year contract worth $595,000.

Is it me or does Colemans contract total $18 mil NOT the $20.5 that Cimini quotes. I'm using his yearly and signing bonus figures. Am I missing something?

I was under the impression that his SB was like $6.5M. But it may be that his SB is $4.5M and he gets a roster bonus next year or the year after. If he's due a $2M roster bonus next year, he's going to have quite a 1-time cap hit (~$7M).

I was under the impression that his SB was like $6.5M. But it may be that his SB is $4.5M and he gets a roster bonus next year or the year after. If he's due a $2M roster bonus next year, he's going to have quite a 1-time cap hit (~$7M).

Yeah that $4 mil salary next year REALLY caught my eye. He's better produce this year, BIG TIME.

Archived