O-Line in first round?

hoping4ASuperBowl

Rich Cimini, reporting for the Sporting News, reports look for the New York Jets to pick an offensive lineman on the first day of the draft. Even though their biggest need is right tackle, it wouldn't be a surprise if they picked Auburn OG Ben Grubbs with their first-round pick (25th overall). They have two solid guards in OG Brandon Moore and OG Pete Kendall, but Kendall may play only one more year, and they need to groom a replacement. The team needs serious help to improve the running game.

Ben Grubbs isnt expected to go in the first round anyways, why would we waste our first round pick for him if he might be available in the second? Also why not get a OT if thats more of a glaring problem then OG?

If the O-line prospects are better than the D-line prospects at that point ,i'm ok with it. Just because we drafted 2 O-lineman in rd 1 last yr doesn't mean the O-line is fixed. Both lines need a lot of work and I'm hoping the make the right decision.

Rich Cimini, reporting for the Sporting News, reports look for the New York Jets to pick an offensive lineman on the first day of the draft. Even though their biggest need is right tackle, it wouldn't be a surprise if they picked Auburn OG Ben Grubbs with their first-round pick (25th overall). They have two solid guards in OG Brandon Moore and OG Pete Kendall, but Kendall may play only one more year, and they need to groom a replacement. The team needs serious help to improve the running game.

Ben Grubbs isnt expected to go in the first round anyways, why would we waste our first round pick for him if he might be available in the second? Also why not get a OT if thats more of a glaring problem then OG?

Ben Grubbs could potentially go in the 1st. He would be similar value to Blalock. There's no way he falls to our 2nd round pick. Depending on who's available I'd be OK with this. Also, there are no RTs worth taking in the 1st round.

i can't stand the idea of using a 1st rd pick on a guy who is being groomed as a replacement. i'd like to think that the jets are capable of finding a solid starter with the #25 pick in the draft. if they want to groom a player to replace kendall then draft him in the 3rd or 5th rd

Archived