Best Remaining Options for Jets with Day 3 Looming

Double dip at WR.  Corley is a chess piece play maker, go get some who line up outside all game, Javon Baker or Anais Smith. 

Carson would be a great 4th CB to groom and Jaylan Ford is a LBer who could be groomed too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Gonna be two DBs and a guard in four. Unless I’m missing something, the depth behind Sauce and DJ Reed is Isiah Oliver, who is a special teams guy, Echols, and someone named “Tae Adams.” TJ Tampa was a dude who was getting some first round buzz, and he fits the profile of a Saleh CB. Probably requires trade up. 

Backup IOL is also gross: Xavier Newman and Wes Schweitzer.

They should try to get an RB2 in here, but it sounds like their plan is to go the vet route even though the pickings are gross—Zeke (going back to the Cowboys), Rashaad Penny, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt. 

There are some interesting TE/H-back types available, but if the Jets believe in Ruckert, there’s no room to add. I’d love to see them get rid of this generation’s Kevin Swayne with Nick Bawden, who sucks, and replace him with Cade Stover or Jaheim Bell. 

I wonder if they take a swing on Pratt. He probably comes off the board early, so they’d have to trade up. Pratt seems meh so it might not be worth multiple picks to get him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be two DBs and a guard in four. Unless I’m missing something, the depth behind Sauce and DJ Reed is Isiah Oliver, who is a special teams guy, Echols, and someone named “Tae Adams.” TJ Tampa was a dude who was getting some first round buzz, and he fits the profile of a Saleh CB. Probably requires trade up. 

They should try to get an RB2 in here, but it sounds like their plan is to go the vet route even though the pickings are gross—Zeke (going back to the Cowboys), Rashaad Penny, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt. 

There are some interesting TE/H-back types available, but if the Jets believe in Ruckert, there’s no room to add. I’d love to see them get rid of this generation’s Kevin Swayne with Nick Bawden, who sucks, and replace him with Cade Stover or Jaheim Bell. 

I wonder if they take a swing on Pratt. He probably comes off the board early, so they’d have to trade up. Pratt seems meh so it might not be worth multiple picks to get him.

Agree on CB, we have horrible depth behind Sauce & DJ.  Safety is a lock.  I could see a developmental QB as well.  3 picks in 4th feels pretty nice right now. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IOL is a good call but the pickings are slim after that 3rd round early run on OL.  Kid from Utah Lumenea and BC Mohogany are the last 2 intriguing mauler types. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

IOL is a good call but the pickings are slim after that 3rd round early run on OL.  Kid from Utah Lumenea and BC Mohogany are the last 2 intriguing mauler types. 

Looks like they’re going to lean into Titans-style ground and pound anyway, which probably means Max Mitchell is a goner. Laumea, Mahogany, there’s a few small school RAS guys coming up. Could use today to reshape that OL group

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm sure we'll see iOL today.  Hoping for Mahogany or Van Pran-Granger.

Can get a RB at some point but they're high an Izzy (as they should be).

Cam Hart or TJ Tampa at CB woukd be nice too.

And very limited sample size but thought Hanson showed some potential on the interior.

QB is a must today.  I'd also grab an UDFA like Plumlee, Bean or Leary.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AFJF said:

I'm sure we'll see iOL today.  Hoping for Mahogany or Van Pran-Granger.

Can get a RB at some point but they're high an Izzy (as they should be).

Cam Hart or TJ Tampa at CB woukd be nice too.

And very limited sample size but thought Hanson showed some potential on the interior.

QB is a must today.  I'd also grab an UDFA like Plumlee, Bean or Leary.

I like Slovis at QB. I like that he’s bounced around, had a bunch of starts, taken the QB1 job at every spot. I like that he’s already seen some sh*t. 

On Izzy, I think they needs a viable grinder at RB2 and Izzy is absolutely not that. Saleh got on Breece last year about not getting the tough yards. I’d like Dillon Johnson at some point.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Now that we got mini-Bowers in the third, maybe we can get Jamal Adams in the fourth? Are there any of those Honey Badger types out there? I feel that rather than a true safety or LB, one of those ‘tweeners would be nice to have when faced with some of the heavier offensive sets that are coming into vogue nowadays. 

I’m glad they held onto all three of their fourths. It wouldn’t bother me if they used their sixth to trade one up for the right prospect, but I want to see three players selected in the round today. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like Slovis at QB. I like that he’s bounced around, had a bunch of starts, taken the QB1 job at every spot. I like that he’s already seen some sh*t. 

On Izzy, I think they needs a viable grinder at RB2 and Izzy is absolutely not that. Saleh got on Breece last year about not getting the tough yards. I’d like Dillon Johnson at some point.

Yeah, I had Slovis in the 25 above.  I have a feeling he gets drafted.

I like Dillon but prefer Tyrone Tracy.

Also Vidal from Troy is a good option and does a really nice job of picking up the blitz.  Could help him see the field sooner.

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Double dip at WR.  Corley is a chess piece play maker, go get some who line up outside all game, Javon Baker or Anais Smith. 

Carson would be a great 4th CB to groom and Jaylan Ford is a LBer who could be groomed too. 

Let me ask you this, how many roster spots do you think are open at wide out right now?

Injuries happen and you have to create competition so this is kind of a different topic. More about the wr depth chart.

But they have Garrett, Williams, corley, lazard all set with the last one being here for contract reasons.

Gipson gets a spot as a returner I believe.

Irv Charles is on the team because of special teams.

Gipson has to step up so maybe he can be replaced.

Not sure that I have a question more or just thinking about the depth chart I guess.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was talking with my son last night about the exact same thing. The need a RB two with some size. He said that Lamont Jordan type. Izzy didnt impress as much last year as I hoped.

OG, RB, QB, DT hope they find some value on day three.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Was talking with my son last night about the exact same thing. The need a RB two with some size. He said that Lamont Jordan type. Izzy didnt impress as much last year as I hoped.

Lamont Jordan one of the more underrated good gimmicks in Jet history, at least for a short while.

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Looks like they’re going to lean into Titans-style ground and pound anyway, which probably means Max Mitchell is a goner. Laumea, Mahogany, there’s a few small school RAS guys coming up. Could use today to reshape that OL group

Max Mitchell getting cut would be an amazing sign that this roster has improved. He just isn't good.

On your other post thanks for reminding me that DB was a need. I was more in luxury dreaming mode with the remaining picks lol.

• Upvote 1

I really like this. The X spot is still a concern with Williams still recovering and only here on a one year deal, anyway, and depth at the position is still thin. I feel like Gipson is already in a battle for a roster spot now, might as well make Brownlee work, too. 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Lamont Jordan one of the more underrated good gimmicks in Jet history, at least for a short while.

Yes a true RB 2. Can't really handle being the top guy, maybe because of how he played.

He had that one big year when he left. Otherwise he is a big guy you bring in for tough yards.

The Jets definitely need that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I still like Abanikanda as a guy to spell some of what Breece does in the passing and outside run game (think typical 3rd down back), but very much agree that they could use a thumper. I’m fine with that being an affordable vet, though. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I really like this. The X spot is still a concern with Williams still recovering and only here on a one year deal, anyway, and depth at the position is still thin. I feel like Gipson is already in a battle for a roster spot now, might as well make Brownlee work, too. 

I wish brownlee and gipson had a few games with Rodgers so we knew more. I like them both but not sure if they are any good or just more bad year training camp stand out types.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I still like Abanikanda as a guy to spell some of what Breece does in the passing and outside run game (think typical 3rd down back), but very much agree that they could use a thumper. I’m fine with that being an affordable vet, though. 

Not a bad plan. Crazy how Zeke played better than Cook last year. That seemed like an impossible thought. He would be perfect but sounds like he is headed back to Jerry Land.

• Upvote 1

Mahogany and Sedrick Van Prann will both be long term starters in the NFL.  Amazing that some team will find their starting center today - SVP is a 3 year starter from Georgia, no idea how he is still available.