Hey UNC fans....

JonEJet

If you have read any of my posts regarding paulus, you would know that i feel he is the most overrated player ever to come to duke and that he would be lucky to be 4th string at unc. i also told SJ early in the year that duke would be lucky to be 6th in acc and were probably looking at NIT. You can ask him if you so desire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as UNCW it was not a slam it was just a fact! UNCW, VCU and my school Niagara, as well as 250 other schools goal is to get in dance, a major pipedream to win it.

Duke, UNC,UCLA, Kansas.... goals are to win the dance anything else is a disapointment.

How does a Niagara student end up a Duke supporter?

By the way, I thought Niagara had an impressive campaign out of the MAAC, and had no business being forced to be in the play-in game (shoulda been Jackson St).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I thought Niagara had an impressive campaign out of the MAAC, and had no business being forced to be in the play-in game (shoulda been Jackson St).

ya but by geting playin game they got to win a game,,best thing that ever happened to them, ,a win and 2 games

By the way, I thought Niagara had an impressive campaign out of the MAAC, and had no business being forced to be in the play-in game (shoulda been Jackson St).[/quote

very easy, my first job out of college was in rtp for big blue, i lived in durham and most of the fans there were pompous UNC fans, the ones that believe UNC turd's smell like roses!!

I quickly rooted for duke , who by the way sucked the 1st 2 years under K, and they were ready to run him out of town.. until dawkins, bilas and alaries made there way to Cameron. So i have seen the lean years before the glory.

to this day i have no clue how SJ supports this team, he knows the fans to which i speak!!

UNC is much like Notre Dame football, the Yankees & the Cowboys...you either love them or you despise them.

Growing up in NJ in the '80s was always a Big East fan with St. Johns, 'Nova & G'Town being so good.

I became a big time UNC fan in 1990 when a former high school teammate of mine signed to play there.

UNC is much like Notre Dame football, the Yankees & the Cowboys...you either love them or you despise them.

Growing up in NJ in the '80s was always a Big East fan with St. Johns, 'Nova & G'Town being so good.

I became a big time UNC fan in 1990 when a former high school teammate of mine signed to play there.

who was he?

ya but by geting playin game they got to win a game,,best thing that ever happened to them, ,a win and 2 games

It only works out well if you win that play-in game. But for the loser (Florida A & M), its lousy. You just won your conference tournament championship after a long season, only to have to play a game just for the right to get beat by the # 1 seed.

The play-in game should be reserved for mediocre major conference teams that reach the dance, like Arkansas and Stanford this season.

Well I certainly wouldn't know what college team you prefer. You choose about 10 different ones each year.

Get pissed. Bahahahahaha.

Right. Sorry, I like players in college because I can't stand rooting for a team that I know is losing the guy, especially with basketball, in 1 or 2 years anyways. Pointless.

But, hey, enjoy the Final Four baby.

LETS GO GREG ODEN!

Who is pissed? I am just commenting on your response. I don't see how a team that made it to the elite 8 is overrated. I look forward to your answer.

They were supposed to win the National Championship this year posted by you and many others on this board, the internet and "experts" on television and in magazines.

Over-rated.

I never said they would win it, I wanted them to but never said that. Go find where I said it.

You do the work, I don't feel like looking it up and it might've been somewhere but you did say it and if not, okay, thanks for being one of maybe 5 UNC fans who had a clue.

Over-Rated.

PEACE!!!:P

You do the work, I don't feel like looking it up and it might've been somewhere but you did say it and if not, okay, thanks for being one of maybe 5 UNC fans who had a clue.

Over-Rated.

PEACE!!!:P

I rest my case. There is no work to be done, I never claimed it.

so if the jets make it one game from the afc championship that season is a waste? can't please some people.

Don't even waste your time.

In reality though its not very big in the realm of things bc this morning Jason Ray (the guy who wears the mascot suit) was pronounced dead at the hospital up there. Very sad day.

horrible over-rated team. lost in the elite 8, to another top 8 school. ;)

did they blow the game & a 10 point lead, and miss something like 20 out of their last 22 shots?. did roy coach a lousy game? did they have the biggest foul shot attempts differential in the history of basketball in a losing effort? hell yeah.

but they were consistently a top 8 team all year, and that is where they wound up.

G'Town played a much better 2nd half, and roy was outcoached badly by Thompson. G'Town deserved to win this game and UNC didn't.

Over-rated is Wisconsin...not UNC.

i think roy could've won that game by killing the clock when up 10 w/six minutes and it was stupid to give ellington the ball for a tres to end regulation but to say the season was a failure is ridiculous.

The shot that Wayne took from beyond the arc was a stupid freshman mistake. You feed that ball inside to Tyler so he either makes the shot, gets fouled, or both.

Don't even waste your time.

In reality though its not very big in the realm of things bc this morning Jason Ray (the guy who wears the mascot suit) was pronounced dead at the hospital up there. Very sad day.

i posted this in the lounge earlier today heelz, check out the story if you want. horrible news.

I rest my case:

UNC = Over-Rated.

Win.

Your Gonzaga Bulldogs got bounced in the 1st round by a mediocre Big 10 school. You have zero loyalty to a college basketball program, because you aren't in college yet and do not understand what that means. Why you are talking trash to a die-hard, respectable Tarheels fan is beyond me.

i posted this in the lounge earlier today heelz, check out the story if you want. horrible news.

I read what you posted....its been online on most sites that cover the college sports. It is very sad and tragic..he was a senior and about ready to graduate..only 21 years old. Makes basketball seem so insignificant really. Here is the excerpt from TarheelBlue.com:

March 26, 2007

CHAPEL HILL - Jason Kendall Ray, 21, died this morning (Monday, March 26) at Hackensack (N.J.) University Medical Center. Ray, a senior at the University of North Carolina, was a member of UNC's cheerleading squad and was injured in a pedestrian/vehicle accident in Fort Lee, N.J., on Friday, March 23. He was pronounced dead by doctors at 8:38 a.m.

Ray was in New Jersey to perform as the Tar Heels' mascot, Rameses, in the NCAA Men's Basketball East Regional in East Rutherford, N.J., on Friday and Sunday. Dozens of family and friends gathered at the hospital's Surgical Intensive Care Unit since the accident.

"Our family would like to thank the staff at Hackensack University Medical Center for the compassionate and professional care they provided," says Jason's brother, Allen, speaking on behalf of the family. "They made this terrible experience as tolerable as possible and gave solace to our family. "We would also like to thank the UNC athletic department. Jason was a member of their family and they extended their support to us and provided support to our family as we have dealt with this terrible loss.

"Jason was a wonderful son, brother and friend. He leaves behind a legacy of friendship, laughter, excitement for life and a genuine love for all the people he touched during his all-too-short life."

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the Jason Kendall Ray Memorial Fund, Concord Christian Church, 3101 Davidson Highway, Concord, NC 28027.

"Jason believed in organ donation and in the sharing of the gift of life," Allen Ray says. "His organs will be donated to the Sharing Network of New Jersey. We hope that Jason's gift will be able to help up to 50 people in critical need of transplant."

"This is a devastating loss to the Ray family and our University community," says Director of Athletics Dick Baddour. "Jason had many talents. Over the last several days, we have heard from so many people who said Jason went above the call of duty to brighten their days and make their child smile and laugh. He may have performed in the anonymity that comes with playing the mascot, but his life has had an overt and lasting impact on the people whose lives he touched. Our hearts and prayers again go out to his family and friends in this time of extraordinary grief."

Jason was majoring in business administration with a concentration in marketing at UNC's Kenan-Flagler Business School and was working toward a minor in religious studies. He had played the Ram mascot for the past three seasons.

"Jason gave Rameses an energy that was unique," says UNC cheerleading coach Brown Walters. "He embodied all of the qualities you would want in a team member. He was a tremendous ambassador of the University of North Carolina and that spirit will live on forever. The Carolina Spirit Program has lost a member of our family and he will be deeply missed."

"The loss of Jason Ray will be felt by all of us who love and care about Carolina," says Chancellor James Moeser. "His legacy will be one of caring and joy, of hard work and enthusiasm for life. Susan and I join his friends, classmates, teammates and instructors, people across the campus and far beyond Chapel Hill in wishing his family comfort during this time of profound loss."

"My heart goes out to Jason's family," says Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams. "He was an engaging young man and a friend to a number of our players and managers. They tell me he was a wonderful person. Obviously our team is disappointed with the outcome of Sunday's game, but that pales greatly in comparison with the loss the Ray family is dealing with today. We ask everyone to remember Jason and his family in their prayers."

I was talking with a buddy who is part of the "tarheel family" this afternoon. he said he, vince carter, phil ford & dave hanners went to the hospital to visit this kid yesterday morning before they headed to the game. said there was about 20-25 people at the hospital saying prayers for him before the game. horrible, horrible news.

I was talking with a buddy who is part of the "tarheel family" this afternoon. he said he, vince carter, phil ford & dave hanners went to the hospital to visit this kid yesterday morning before they headed to the game. said there was about 20-25 people at the hospital saying prayers for him before the game. horrible, horrible news.

It was a rough couple of weeks for the Heels family off the court...Roy Williams lost his sister last week also.

Reading about this story I remember about 3 years ago a member of the TarHeel radio network, name was Steven Gates..got killed while out in I-40 changing a tire on his car. He was hit and the car kept on going. He was very young also.

Your Gonzaga Bulldogs got bounced in the 1st round by a mediocre Big 10 school. You have zero loyalty to a college basketball program, because you aren't in college yet and do not understand what that means. Why you are talking trash to a die-hard, respectable Tarheels fan is beyond me.

I am in college, community college, and when I do transfer to a 4 year school for my final 2 years my mind and opinion of college basketball will still not change. I'm loyal in NCAA Football, because they're there for 3-5 years. Basketball? The stars are there for maybe 2 years, more likely one. Heck, in the past, they didn't even go to school! It's a joke. I love the Winthrop's & Gonzaga's so I can cheer for them in the tourny every year but with the big name schools it just gets annoying.

I love the Winthrop's & Gonzaga's so I can cheer for them in the tourny every year but with the big name schools it just gets annoying.

Arent you a Meechigan fan? That's a pretty big name school. So is ohio state, so why arent you hating on them? So is UCLA, and Florida being the defending champs is pretty big, too. Do you just hate everyone not named Gonzaga?

Personally I dont really give two craps about the tourney this year, but unc definitely choked it away in the G-town game. And that was one fugly OT they played.

It only works out well if you win that play-in game. But for the loser (Florida A & M), its lousy. You just won your conference tournament championship after a long season, only to have to play a game just for the right to get beat by the # 1 seed.

The play-in game should be reserved for mediocre major conference teams that reach the dance, like Arkansas and Stanford this season.

nah,,reserved for 2 crappiest teams is way to go

I am in college, community college, and when I do transfer to a 4 year school for my final 2 years my mind and opinion of college basketball will still not change. I'm loyal in NCAA Football, because they're there for 3-5 years. Basketball? The stars are there for maybe 2 years, more likely one. Heck, in the past, they didn't even go to school! It's a joke. I love the Winthrop's & Gonzaga's so I can cheer for them in the tourny every year but with the big name schools it just gets annoying.

That's why major conference basketball is so screwed up. Most of the players are looking ahead to the NBA and have no intention of staying.

Which is why I love basketball at the mid-major level. Players stay for 4 years, they care about academics, and use what they learn to live better lives. Its the last bastion for "amateurism" left in college sports anymore (lets face it, NCAA Division I football is tainted too). What's more, the games are great to attend, as you don't have to camp out to get into the building and the players feed off the energy of the crowd.

Your opinion will change once you get out of community college. Regardless of where you go, get out to some basketball games (heck, the tickets are FREE for you, take advantage of it). You will not regret it.

nah,,reserved for 2 crappiest teams is way to go

Niagara had a better season than Stanford. The Cardinal had no business in the NIT, let alone the NCAA Tournament. How can you explain that they get in over Air Force, when the Falcons beat Stanford by nearly 40 pts on their own floor?

Archived