haha DONE.

D'brickMangoldJets

If its so easy to make decisions like these, then there wouldnt be GM's that fail. Many people bashed the Pedro, Delgado and Beltran signings when they occurred. Said that Minaya paid too much for them. It worked out in the end.

Ham said we lost the Delgado deal by giving up Petit.:P

LOL Mike....the Yanks turned down Beltran. Word to the wise, you don't need to argue every point made on the board.
The yankees made a mistake turning down beltran as i pointed out at the time... I wasn't really arguing until he started bashing the yankees.

Then, I guess we are all correct in criticizing teh Yankees and saying the only reason they won in the 90's was because they had the highest payroll.

Thanks for admitting that.

How has it worked out lately?

You started bashing the yankees with this post. I'm just responding to you and the mis truth's you keep spewing.

Please, sho me where I was bashing the Yankees?

I f I was, I am sorry. I didn't knmow you were so thin skinned. Well, actually, I did, but......

You said the reason the yankees won their titles in the 90s was that they bought FA's. I showed you that the guys the yankees built that team with were trades and guys through the farm system. It has nothing to do with being thin skinned. It's not letting you get away with spewing BS.

You said the reason the yankees won their titles in the 90s was that they bought FA's. I showed you that the guys the yankees built that team with were trades and guys through the farm system. It has nothing to do with being thin skinned. It's not letting you get away with spewing BS.

I actually said "highest payroll". They didn't have the highest payroll?

Saying a fact is bashing? Man, you are sensitive.

I actually said "highest payroll". They didn't have the highest payroll?

Saying a fact is bashing? Man, you are sensitive.

Why don't you tell me again how Ricky Ledee wasn't a prospect lol or how The Tino/Nelson trade was a salary dump. Now that i've proved you wrong you're backtracking off your statements.

Yeah, Roger Clemens was purely a "prospect" move. OK. David Wells was a Yankee prospect. OK.

Brother.

No that was a smart trade. They traded a player with value (and a prospect) for another player with value. Wells pitched very well for the jays too. It's not like that was a steal...

No that was a smart trade. They traded a player with value (and a prospect) for another player with value. Wells pitched very well for the jays too. It's not like that was a steal...

Yeah, Roger Clemens for David Well is a straight up deal.

Sure. I don't care if you throw in 5 "prospects" in the deal.

Yeah, Roger Clemens for David Well is a straight up deal.

Sure. I don't care if you throw in 5 "prospects" in the deal.

If you look at the first 2 years after the trade was made you could make a clear argument that the jays got the better end of that trade...

He did overpay. For both of them. Thats why Wilpon deserves the credit because he gave Minaya a blank check.

Delgado was a trade, Florida signed him to that contract.

Omar vastly overpaid for Pedro. I thought Pedro would give 2 great years, and get hurt his 3rd, and be useless his 4th. Turns out I was 1 year off.

The Beltran contract, while steep, was a good investment. He should still be a top player in his last seasons.

Archived