haha DONE.

D'brickMangoldJets

Duaner Sanchez is headed for a second surgery on his surgically repaired right shoulder, a source told the Daily News. The Mets have yet to announce the procedure. Sanchez heard a pop while throwing on the mound Thursday for the first time since Aug. 1 surgery to repair a separated shoulder.

I'm a Mets fan and this is great news! This guy is the most overrated RP in a long time. He is usually around mid 4 era except last year. Now Aaron Heilman can be the setup man with no distractions from that racist GM. Lets get the season started already.

you're happy that your best RP last year in going to be out for most of the season? huh?

He pitched 3 months. Wasn't there in the stretch run. Glad he wasn't too cause he's no Aaron Heilman walks guys. I'm not glad he's hurt it must suck not being able to play ball i'm just glad that my favorite pitcher has a big role now. Had a a Heilman jersey custom made so i'm glad to see him back in a big role.

We all know that Omar is a very racist GM. If Sanchez and Heilman were both healthy we all know who would be setting up just by the fact Sanchez is dominican. It wouldn't matter much that he came to camp fat and not motovated. Hey even Fernando Tatis found a home lol.

He pitched 3 months. Wasn't there in the stretch run. Glad he wasn't too cause he's no Aaron Heilman walks guys. I'm not glad he's hurt it must suck not being able to play ball i'm just glad that my favorite pitcher has a big role now. Had a a Heilman jersey custom made so i'm glad to see him back in a big role.

We all know that Omar is a very racist GM. If Sanchez and Heilman were both healthy we all know who would be setting up just by the fact Sanchez is dominican. It wouldn't matter much that he came to camp fat and not motovated. Hey even Fernando Tatis found a home lol.

Heilman is going to pitch no matter if Sanchez is healthy or not though. This injury makes the mets a worse team. And BTW the mets better trade heilman cause he's going to walk the second he becomes a FA. I don't think your jersey was a great investment heh.

Heilman is going to pitch no matter if Sanchez is healthy or not though. This injury makes the mets a worse team. And BTW the mets better trade heilman cause he's going to walk the second he becomes a FA. I don't think your jersey was a great investment heh.

Thats a few years away. And how are we a worse team? Sanchez sucked every year he was on LA. It was a easy trade in the mind of this guy a Korean pitcher for a Dominican. It just SEO happened he got lucky. Seo's gonna have a huge year on the Drays watch.

As for Heilman leaving in a few years i'd leave too if I was him. El Duque Lima Gonzalez Park Sele Zambrano Trachsel .... All guys that belong washing dishes at a Italian resteraunt get starts over him. Easy call to leave and go to a team that realizes your a ace in the hole.

Thats a few years away. And how are we a worse team? Sanchez sucked every year he was on LA. It was a easy trade in the mind of this guy a Korean pitcher for a Dominican. It just SEO happened he got lucky. Seo's gonna have a huge year on the Drays watch.

As for Heilman leaving in a few years i'd leave too if I was him. El Duque Lima Gonzalez Park Sele Zambrano Trachsel .... All guys that belong washing dishes at a Italian resteraunt get starts over him. Easy call to leave and go to a team that realizes your a ace in the hole.

I agree with you about the crap that has got a chance to start over him. But sanchez gave the mets 55+ innings of VERY good production. Thats not going to be easy to replace...

I agree with you about the crap that has got a chance to start over him. But sanchez gave the mets 55+ innings of VERY good production. Thats not going to be easy to replace...

Nah, Sanchez is the least of it. Whats going to do the Mets in is letting Bradford go. Can't give a RP 3 years then Minaya gives Scoenweis 3 years. It's hard to watch this guy GM.

He's a terrific scout don't get me wrong. But as a GM they guy does very strange things.

Lets get the wild card hopefully the Braves look awesome on paper.

Nah, Sanchez is the least of it. Whats going to do the Mets in is letting Bradford go. Can't give a RP 3 years then Minaya gives Scoenweis 3 years. It's hard to watch this guy GM.

He's a terrific scout don't get me wrong. But as a GM they guy does very strange things.

Lets get the wild card hopefully the Braves look awesome on paper.

Compared to Steve Phillips and Dan Duquette, Omar Minaya looks like Branch Rickey. The man has turned around this franchise basically by himself. I don't care what, if any, kind of bias he has towards players of Dominican descent. Its worked. And I don't see the Braves beating us out for the division, either.

Compared to Steve Phillips and Dan Duquette, Omar Minaya looks like Branch Rickey. The man has turned around this franchise basically by himself. I don't care what, if any, kind of bias he has towards players of Dominican descent. Its worked. And I don't see the Braves beating us out for the division, either.

What turned the Mets around was a combo of good player development (of guys who were there before Minaya,) and Wilpon's money...

What turned the Mets around was a combo of good player development (of guys who were there before Minaya,) and Wilpon's money...

the biggest thing that turned the mets around was Wilpon shedding the nickname Freddy Coupons. Whether it was Omar who convinced him to spend the $$$ or not, who knows, but he let Omar break the bank. Getting Pedro, Delgado, Beltran, LoDuca & Wagner. The mets spent plenty of money in the early-mid '90s, but on the wrong players. Omar has gotten the right guys. He inherited Reyes & Wright so he doesn't get credit for them.

there is no doubt Omar has done a good job as mets GM, a great job compared to who he is following, but I give the credit to Wilpon for finally realizing the money he had to spend to get this franchise back to a World Series contender.

So Pedro Martinez, Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran and a totally rebuilt bullpen had nothing to do with it? Right.

Dude Pedro Delgado and Beltran are there because Wilpon stepped up to the plate. I think Minaya is a pretty good GM but the real reason they are good is the fact that Wilpon spent like a big market team.

Dude Pedro Delgado and Beltran are there because Wilpon stepped up to the plate. I think Minaya is a pretty good GM but the real reason they are good is the fact that Wilpon spent like a big market team.

Bobby Bonilla, Vince Coleman,Mo Vaughn, etc, etc, etc.

The Mets have spent money before. The difference is, they spent it wisely this time.

Bobby Bonilla, Vince Coleman,Mo Vaughn, etc, etc, etc.

The Mets have spent money before. The difference is, they spent it wisely this time.

It doesn't take a genius to know that Pedro Martinez and Carlos Beltran are guys you want on your team...

It doesn't take a genius to know that Pedro Martinez and Carlos Beltran are guys you want on your team...

If its so easy to make decisions like these, then there wouldnt be GM's that fail. Many people bashed the Pedro, Delgado and Beltran signings when they occurred. Said that Minaya paid too much for them. It worked out in the end.

If its so easy to make decisions like these, then there wouldnt be GM's that fail. Many people bashed the Pedro, Delgado and Beltran signings when they occurred. Said that Minaya paid too much for them. It worked out in the end.
He did overpay. For both of them. Thats why Wilpon deserves the credit because he gave Minaya a blank check.

There were many at the time that roundly criticized teh Mets for the signing of Pedro. That was not a slam dunk signing.

Listen, I realize that the Mets have an advantage that many teams do not. But, just because you have the $$$ does not mean it is always spent best.

Look at the non big name signings and moves that Minaya has done-Valentin, Sanchez, Maine, Nady, who he turned into Perez. Julio who turned into El Duque

All critical parts of last year's success and moving this team forward.

Look at the bigger picture. Pedro and Beltran alone do not get it done.

He did overpay. For both of them. Thats why Wilpon deserves the credit because he gave Minaya a blank check.

Then, I guess we are all correct in criticizing teh Yankees and saying the only reason they won in the 90's was because they had the highest payroll.

Thanks for admitting that.

How has it worked out lately?

There were many at the time that roundly criticized teh Mets for the signing of Pedro. That was not a slam dunk signing.

Listen, I realize that the Mets have an advantage that many teams do not. But, just because you have the $$$ does not mean it is always spent best.

Look at the non big name signings and moves that Minaya has done-Valentin, Sanchez, Maine, Nady, who he turned into Perez. Julio who turned into El Duque

All critical parts of last year's success and moving this team forward.

Look at the bigger picture. Pedro and Beltran alone do not get it done.

they have done some good smaller things. i never said they didn't. but the reasons for the big turnaround are guys who were there before Minaya got there in Wright and Reyes and big expensive FA signings.

Then, I guess we are all correct in criticizing teh Yankees and saying the only reason they won in the 90's was because they had the highest payroll.

Thanks for admitting that.

How has it worked out lately?

The late 90's yankee teams never signed FA's anywhere near at the level of the guys the mets have signed in the last few years. That team was built through the farm system.

they have done some good smaller things. i never said they didn't. but the reasons for the big turnaround are guys who were there before Minaya got there in Wright and Reyes and big expensive FA signings.

You can't criticzize Minaya because he inherited Wright and Reyes. That is just not fair.

Whet he did is build a team around them. Something that past GM's have been unable to do-Build an organizational philosophy and not change it mid-week.

The highest payroll in baseball just must have been some bad rumor
They had the highest payroll because they had to pay their home grown players. If you don't think the core of that team was ALL home grown and smart trades you're being a blind yankee hater.

You can't criticzize Minaya because he inherited Wright and Reyes. That is just not fair.

Whet he did is build a team around them. Something that past GM's have been unable to do-Build an organizational philosophy and not change it mid-week.

When did I criticize him? I'm just taking a realistic look at the team. I just said i think Minaya is a good GM...

They had the highest payroll because they had to pay their home grown players. If you don't think the core of that team was ALL home grown and smart trades you're being a blind yankee hater.

Yeah, Roger Clemens, David Cone, Chucjk Knoblauch, Tin o Martinez, David Justice, etc.

I loved watching them come through teh Yankees system.

Oh brother

Yeah, Roger Clemens, David Cone, Chucjk Knoblauch, Tin o Martinez, David Justice, etc.

I loved watching them come through teh Yankees system.

Oh brother

I said THE SYSTEM AND SMART TRADES. And guess what every player you just mentioned except Cone was acquired in a trade.

I said THE SYSTEM AND SMART TRADES. And guess what every player you just mentioned except Cone was acquired in a trade.

Hmmm, kinda how the present Mets are built, no?

And, if you don't believe that the reason some players are acquired in trade by teh Yankees (Mets too), is as a salary dump, because they can afford them, you are delusional.

Hmmm, kinda how the present Mets are built, no?

And, if you don't believe that the reason some players are acquired in trade by teh Yankees (Mets too), is as a salary dump, because they can afford them, you are delusional.

Wrong again as usual. Those trades were NOT salary dumps. The yankees had a great farm system at that time and they were able to use their depth in prospects to make those trades.

Yeah, just you believe that.

Just like Bobby Abreu last year.

Bobby Abreu was a clear salary dump and i've never said anything other then that. Those trades that built the late 90's teams however were not. You think Seattle was dumping Tino and his MASSIVE 1 million dollar salary? LOL Or that They didn't get Justice because they had a big time prospect (ricky ledee) to give up for him?

Bobby Abreu was a clear salary dump and i've never said anything other then that. Those trades that built the late 90's teams however were not. You think Seattle was dumping Tino and his MASSIVE 1 million dollar salary? LOL Or that They didn't get Justice because they had a big time prospect (ricky ledee) to give up for him?

Please on Ricky Ledee. Please.

Archived