Some Kellen Clemens praise from last summer...

BennyandtheJets

<H1>Not trying to start a Chad/Kellen debate. Just saw this article the other night and thought it was interesting. I don't think there's any point in arguing who should start, but the people that think that Kellen stinks, or the people who think we should trade up to draft Brady Quinn are crazy.

Training Camp 2006: New York Jets, Interview with Kellen Clemens

On the second full day of Jets training camp, Field Position

People are going to be very surprised when this kid gets a legit chance to start.

I just hope he's big enough ARod because I saw him close up on Christmas night and he was I'd say no taller than 6' and kind of skinny-compared to Ramsey and even Chad...I have hope though that our FO knew what they were doing in drafting Kellen Clemens

I just don't get the people that refer to his clean-up time as QB last season and say he's a bust. He barely got any snaps. Look at what Vince Young did his first partial game. I think 2 int's. I remember Leinart looking like a lost punching bag his first game.

I think we can't really make any judgments on the kid until he's at the very least played a full game.

For some reason though, I feel a Brees/Rivers situation coming up. Probably not this year, but I can definitely see it the season after.

I just hope he's big enough ARod because I saw him close up on Christmas night and he was I'd say no taller than 6' and kind of skinny-compared to Ramsey and even Chad...I have hope though that our FO knew what they were doing in drafting Kellen Clemens

If Doug Flutie can be successful, Clemens can be too.

People are going to be very surprised when this kid gets a legit chance to start.

Why would anybody be suprised? He was a QB who was drafted high... he is supposed to be good when he is ready... if anyone was going to be suprised it would be becuase he sucked... your not saying he sucks are you?b ;)

Patience ARod............ 08

I like this kid a lot, and was thrilled when the Jets took him. IMO he is going to be a star.

The longer he is able to play behind Pennington, the better he will be. One more season should do it

Archived