Keith Olbermann returns to football duty with NBC

Smizzy

the guy who is obviously your hero in your sig pic is the one who is scum-even worse WAS Bernie his producer

At least he's not a little sniveling coward who went behind a guys back and trashed him to his bosses and than when he's fired went on TV and trashed him instead of to his face like a man.

Free speech is all well and good but when you spew that kind of ignorance on the public airwaves for a private Company you may lose your job.

Thats all that happened. Imus lost his job.

Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. He lost his job for being an idiot.

Are you learning anything at Rutgers?

WRONG. He was fired because the executives from NBC and CBS got so scared of being called racists that they bowed to pressure from a small vocal minority of rabble rousers and race baiters while screwing the majority with actual jobs so they can't protest all day. The hypocracy is laughable.

At least he's not a little sniveling coward who went behind a guys back and trashed him to his bosses and than when he's fired went on TV and trashed him instead of to his face like a man.

Keith didn't really want to be associated with Imus-and hasn't for a long time-he knew what he was about and I think he hated being on a station that allowed that kind of crap when he himself rails about how places like Fox allow and encourage that kind of discourse-anyway-political stuff aside...he'll be great in this capacity that he does so well...sports

WRONG. He was fired because the executives from NBC and CBS got so scared of being called racists that they bowed to pressure from a small vocal minority of rabble rousers and race baiters while screwing the majority with actual jobs so they can't protest all day. The hypocracy is laughable.

He lost his job. Thats it.

His ratings sucked arse in most major City's so this is kind of like putting your 16 year-old dog out of its misery.

I still can't believe that you would stick up for a bigot who could be your grandfather.

Question for you: Did you ever listen to his show?

Keith didn't really want to be associated with Imus-and hasn't for a long time-he knew what he was about and I think he hated being on a station that allowed that kind of crap when he himself rails about how places like Fox allow and encourage that kind of discourse-anyway-political stuff aside...he'll be great in this capacity that he does so well...sports

If he's all self righteous all of a sudden than where was he for the past 10 years? It's not like this is the first time there has been racial humor on that program? He just piled on like the gutless scum he is.

He lost his job. Thats it.

His ratings sucked arse in most major City's so this is kind of like putting your 16 year-old dog out of its misery.

I still can't believe that you would stick up for a bigot who could be your grandfather.

Question for you: Did you ever listen to his show?

1 His ratings didn't suck so that shows how little you know.

2 He's not a bigot.

3 Yes I DID listen to and enjoyed his show.

out of respect to the board and the Mods we shouldn't turn this into an Imus was right or wrong thread...again KO will be great doing football
Do you realize how badly Mike and the Mad Dog DESTROY him and his awful show in the ratings every day? He should be embarrassed to show his face at work.

Olbermann wouldnt be a good fit for the Jets because he is too full of himself and his beliefs... He isnt a team player (see Imus incident). He isnt the "Mangini" type of guy.

BUT, that makes him perfect for what TV executives think we want for our sports "analysts"

I dont think I watched any pre/post game shows last year... used to watch ESPN's post game highlight show before last year. And can they fit that many big heads into that studio???

I USED to love Olbermann when he was on ESPN... Patrick and him were amazing, and then they started to become bigger than the sports they were reporting... and still holds true today... Patrick's radio show is unlistenable because he is such an @ss... and I used to love this guy...

I loved Charley Steiner also, hated him with the yankees (totally wrong position for him), and think he does a great job for the dodgers (but no vin scully). I was like a little kid when I saw him at Dodgertown this spring and was too afraid to ask for his autograph.

To summarize, both Olbermann and Olehoffen both dont belong on the Jets.

1 His ratings didn't suck so that shows how little you know.

2 He's not a bigot.

3 Yes I DID listen to and enjoyed his show.

In Boston he had a 0.01 rating.

He's a bigot as he has showed in the past and he was beyond being relevant.

He was on the lowest rating station here in Boston and around the Country. Back in the late '80's he ruled the airways. Unfortunately for Imus it isn't 1989 anymore.

In Boston he had a 0.01 rating.

He's a bigot as he has showed in the past and he was beyond being relevant.

He was on the lowest rating station here in Boston and around the Country. Back in the late '80's he ruled the airways. Unfortunately for Imus it isn't 1989 anymore.

1 He had great ratings in New York and Washington and was BY FAR the no 1 show on MSNBC.

2 If he was such a bigot than why did he go OUT OF HIS WAY to point out that racial elements of Katrina or support Harold Ford Jr? I know with absolute certainty that he's not a bigot.

3 Apparently all the big time public figures, congressmen and senators (not to mention the vice president of the country) and media types that went on his show ALL THE TIME didn't agree that he was a has been.

Archived