Notre Dame QB Situation

ShadowJet35

What do you think the Golden Domers should do to solve their current QB situation, for those who are unaware....

The Irish signed a QB from Cali whom was thought to be the chosen one and was highly recruited since he was a freshman... Also they signed Demetrius Jones, a former number one rated dual-threat QB.. Who do they start the golden boy, or the lunch pale, highly rated QB?

With all the hype around Clausen, it would be an upset to not see him starting from Game 1 throughout his 3 or 4 year stint at Notre Dame. He is supposed to be the next great thing. Lets see if he is.

But Demetrius Jones is just as good he was a monster in High School, and I thought it was a mistake for him going to south bend even before Jimmy came to Notre Dame.

I think Demetrius is and will be better, but obviously Charlie Weiss won't see things that way, it's a shame but DEmetrius can still transfer anywhere in the country that he wants.

Well, Frazier is expected to transfer to UConn, I expect Charlie to start the season with Sharpley.

He's a junior and was a 4* qb prospect.

If things aren't going well, expect Clausen by week 4.

I also see a bit of a UF 2 qb system here with Jones getting a series or two every game and in certain situations.

That way we don't lose 2 qb's this year.

I almost expect the loser of the Clausen/Jones battle to transfer also, especially with Crist coming in next year.

The first three weeks we go with Sharpley, but then he is replaced with Clausen. Then, we use Jones only on random plays here and there, so his potential is never fully unleashed, so he transfers. Then, Clausen leaves junior year and we are left with three years of Christ.

Also, I purposely called Crist, Christ. ;)

Oh yeah Vilma5114.

I'm an Irish fan.

Irish freak more like it.

Care about them more than the Jets(barely).

Most of my "knowledge" on recruits come from the various Irish boards I visit.

I just read what the others are saying about the recruits and where they think they're headed.

How about you?

Who's your team?

thats good, its good seeing a ND resurgance in college football. I`m a big longhorn fan, have been following them pretty close since the Simms/Applewhite era, i also follow miami pretty close and there my number 2 team and am looking foward to see what Shannon has to offer. to tell you the truth i enjoy college football more than pro football and from recruiting to gameplay and am looking foward to this season.

The first three weeks we go with Sharpley, but then he is replaced with Clausen. Then, we use Jones only on random plays here and there, so his potential is never fully unleashed, so he transfers. Then, Clausen leaves junior year and we are left with three years of Christ.

Also, I purposely called Crist, Christ. ;)

If they start Sharpely over those 2, there will be an uproar in south bend.

thats good, its good seeing a ND resurgance in college football. I`m a big longhorn fan, have been following them pretty close since the Simms/Applewhite era, i also follow miami pretty close and there my number 2 team and am looking foward to see what Shannon has to offer. to tell you the truth i enjoy college football more than pro football and from recruiting to gameplay and am looking foward to this season.

I actually just moved back from Texas.

I was in Ft Worth for four years.

Was there for their championship run.

Not a fan, but I do follow them too.

Have a longhorn baseball cap.

I could see TCU's stadium from my front door.

I guess I consider the Horned Frogs my second team.

Went to a few home games, and play with them and ND in dynasty mode on NCAA.

Jones didn't look very well either.

Worse, in fact.

He had a int for td and his td pass was a wounded duck that the wr made a good play on.

Charlie said he only had a handful of pass plays and wanted to run the ball.

Wants to get tougher on offense.

That's why none of the QB's looked very good.

I see ND playing a conservative style of offense this year.

Power football with mistake free QBing.

Sharpley has a couple years with Charlie and know the system.

I think he's the best choice to start the season having to face GT, PSU, and Michigan.

Then depending on the record, there's a chance for a change.

I see ND playing a conservative style of offense this year.

Power football with mistake free QBing.

Sharpley has a couple years with Charlie and know the system.

I think he's the best choice to start the season having to face GT, PSU, and Michigan.

Then depending on the record, there's a chance for a change.

The common agenda is to go with experience but when you have 2 quarterbacks that could've gone to any college in the nation at their choosing, you need to play one if not both of them, benching both will be a huge waste of scholarships.

• 2 months later...

Archived