I don't think Chad will throw one pass this pre-season

K2C

Let's face it. This is the first off-season Chad has been able to train and practice as opposed to rehab in a long time. His arm is stronger, and capable of making the tight passes.

Mangini doesn't want to reveal that secret before week 1 against the Patsies.

Let's face it. This is the first off-season Chad has been able to train and practice as opposed to rehab in a long time. His arm is stronger, and capable of making the tight passes.

Mangini doesn't want to reveal that secret before week 1 against the Patsies.

And then if he doesent have a good game, the coach will be hung out to dry with the media for not getting him enough reps in the preseason to get out the rust before opening day.

And then if he doesent have a good game, the coach will be hung out to dry with the media for not getting him enough reps in the preseason to get out the rust before opening day.

first of all, since when has Mangini cared about the media...

secondly, chad needs to throw some passes to see how a live defense reacts at game speed. Practice cannot replicate that type of pressure/speed. He'll throw passes, he'll probably throw close to 40 total.

I just find it very strange that he was in for 10 or 11 plays and didn't even attempt one.

Maybe it was just the fact that Mangini wanted to get Thomas Jones comfortable behind his new O-line.

first of all, since when has Mangini cared about the media...

secondly, chad needs to throw some passes to see how a live defense reacts at game speed. Practice cannot replicate that type of pressure/speed. He'll throw passes, he'll probably throw close to 40 total.

Preaseason isn't exactly a live defense or game speed though. I mean it's better than practice, but still.

I think he did it to see how well we run the ball when everyone knows that it's the next play. It's no challenge if the defense is fooled; then what kind of "practice" is that for the team?

That and I also think he wants to make a point to teams that it wont be an easy task to stop the run VS the JETS anymore...

Ill bet the 1st play of the season is a pass though.

Archived