Chinese Democracy

Barton

as you can probably tell from my avatar I too am anxiously awaiting the release of this album. Like many GNR fans I continually badmouth Axl for screwing up the band and not putting out any material but I know that the second it comes out, I'll be there in line buying it and listenting to it non-stop.

From the articles I've read he supposedly has a few hundred songs worth of material but cant seem to finish them up.

I heard a quote from another artist/producer recently where he said "Axl is trying to do the impossible, he's trying to make the best album ever" Obviously that is impossible since it's all objective as to the "best album ever" but I'm just as pissed as the next GNR die hard but I'll just keep waiting but taking each piece of "news" with a grain of salt.

Oh by the way, I also read somewhere that Axl said a release date would be released in the next couple of months, not the album. Who else but Axl would announce a release date for a release date? :x

Is GNR with Axl (and Dizzy) and no one else really GNR? At least the GNR that a lot of us grew up with? :shock:

If Chinese Democracy ever does come out (I'm hearing Nov. 2005), I think I WON'T buy it, and instead sit at home and listen to Appetite all day long, remembering how much they used to rock.

Is GNR with Axl (and Dizzy) and no one else really GNR? At least the GNR that a lot of us grew up with? :shock:

If Chinese Democracy ever does come out (I'm hearing Nov. 2005), I think I WON'T buy it, and instead sit at home and listen to Appetite all day long, remembering how much they used to rock.

I might say the same if not for the fact that I LOVE the new stuff I've heard

Can you tell me some new songs/demos from the new GNR that are pretty good. I heard some about a year ago, the lyrics were crap and the guitar sucked so I dunno....

I hope you're right. I just remember that travesty that was on MTV a while back - bloated Axl, Buckethead (who I understand is gone now), etc.

Actually, I still hope for a reconciliation but that ain't happening. I kind of look at GNR like I look at Metallica. From date X to date Y, they were the greatest, and I listen to "the old stuff" all the time. The new stuff just doesnt do it for me.

I would though be interested in hearing some new stuff since you say its good.

buckethead is out now?? :lol::lol::lol:

LOL, I hated that dude anyway, his guitar sounded like crap too me, I dunno maybe it was the recording but he was definetly subpar i thought

so whats that new stuff thats good, airforcejetfan??

I hope you're right. I just remember that travesty that was on MTV a while back - bloated Axl, Buckethead (who I understand is gone now), etc.

Actually, I still hope for a reconciliation but that ain't happening. I kind of look at GNR like I look at Metallica. From date X to date Y, they were the greatest, and I listen to "the old stuff" all the time. The new stuff just doesnt do it for me.

I would though be interested in hearing some new stuff since you say its good.

Right about the time they blew up in LA as the Stones opening act signaled the end.

I believe it was Axl who was upset with the rest of the bands drug use.

But yeah, for about 3-4 years they came out with one great song after another.

Some bands can party and still achieve longevity, some cant.

I researched alot on this chinese democracy

supposedly the album will "certainly" hit the stores before christmas 2005, according to some higher up in the company is "now arranging the record"

I'll definetly buy it.

so whats that new stuff thats good, airforcejetfan??

Of the five songs I've heard live, I really like Madagascar (which is the song they did at the MTV awards but it was a lot better when Axl got in shape for their mini-tour. I saw them in Boston, New York, and was at the no-show/riot in Philly.

The Blues is a piano/power balad. Not as good as Novermber Rain but still a good song.

The title track is decent but the copies I have of that are really rough so hard to say. (all taken from live performances)

Riyadh And The Bedouins--another one thats tough to call based on the copies I've heard

Oh My God--A pretty good song and different sounding for something Axl put out. (Not sure if this will be on the album, I keep reading different song lists, some have this one...some don't.

Keep in mind though, some fans (many fans) will rip this album just to say "the old stuff is better (which it may very well be) but I've come to notice over the years that almost EVERY band out there "was better when they started" according to the majority of fans. An odd yet common school of thought. I think some people just like the nostalgia aspect and no matter what a band does after their first "big" album...blah blah blah....you'll see what i mean when the album comes out and people rip it just for the sake if ripping it. Just like so many people nowadays rip Metallica without even listening to the album.

"boo hoo hoo, they made a soft song...they're sellouts" I like that so many people feel that way though, makes it easier for me to get tickets.

I downloaded a few songs from chinese democracy

I'm not sure which song it was, I think it was The Blues, but the song and its basic rhythm was just like november rain, I thought that was pretty lame but I dunno.

about metallica..........ouch, a garage band has never sounded so bad! LOL

Yeah, every time I've seen them live and they tear the place up with Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, Harvester of Sorrow and One the place just goes to sleep :roll:

Yeah, every time I've seen them live and they tear the place up with Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, Harvester of Sorrow and One the place just goes to sleep :roll:

I'm not talking about their old stuff

when I was talking about a bad garage band I was talking about metallicas st.anger album, that crap was terrible

I'm not talking about their old stuff

when I was talking about a bad garage band I was talking about metallicas st.anger album, that crap was terrible

Yeah, they definitely tried to do some things a little "differently" on that album and the sound was pretty bad on some of the songs. Definitely not their best effort but nobody can be great on every single release. I've seen em seven times and can't wait to do it again.

I've heard the song "Madagascar" on the radio a few years back. I like it but its nowhere near the GNR level. I guess its supposed to be the first single of the new album. I was lucky/unlucky enough to see one of the few concerts on the Chinese Democracy Tour of '02 and they played what seemed like a video for Madagascar on the screen.

BTW: Axl was 2 hours late (early for him I hear) and we did nothing but stand around for 120 minutes with half of the lights turned on and some redneck DJ from Albany asking girls to flash their t*tties. Cool at first I guess, but a little goes a long way.

The song "Chinese Democracy" is pretty damn good I must say. Possible other tracks available on WinMX and Grokster are titled: "sucker punch" "tw@t" "just another Sunday" and "preachin' and screechin"

I also heard that geriatric wanna-be punk rockers known as the Offspring titled an album "Chinese Democracy" because the lead singer dude wanted to "steal Axl's album title because he stole my dreds" begging the question: If the Offspring release and album and nobody buys it/hears it...does it really ever get released?

Buckethead is not in the band anymore? I thought he was pretty dam good. What gives??

Even though he looked weird, he also looked cool at the same time.

Axl needs to get some band members that actually look like rockstars!

I am sick and tired of this punk rock, crew cut short hair, khaki short wearing wussies. At least buckethead had

1. a unique name

2. a cool look

^^^^^^

I heard about a band stealing the name chinese democracy.

That was a couple of years ago but it never happened. Offspring released the album but dind't call it "Chinese Democracy"

Archived