Moises Alou

JetCane

Alou knows how to hit that's for sure. Never realized how much we missed him when he was on IR. I think Mota will come around but Faba is right, let's not use him in critical spots until he shows us he can handle it. If he doesn't come around soon...ADIOS.

Alou knows how to hit that's for sure. Never realized how much we missed him when he was on IR. I think Mota will come around but Faba is right, let's not use him in critical spots until he shows us he can handle it. If he doesn't come around soon...ADIOS.

Yeah the lead is up to 5 games now with also the best record in the NL.

We'd have a nice lead in the East if the pen hadn't been so brutal lately. 'Duke is something.

Yeah the lead is up to 5 games now with also the best record in the NL.

We'd have a nice lead in the East if the pen hadn't been so brutal lately. 'Duke is something.

I had to check but we , as of now, have the biggest lead of any division leader. It's always seemed to me that Hernandez pitches better later in the season like now or post season as compared to let's say April/May. I'm a l;ittle concerned that Maine has been getting roughed up a little in his last several starts. Hope he gets back on track since I'm not counting on Pedro at all this year (if ever). I still wish we had picked up another premium starting pitcher during the off season. Having Hernandez or Glavine as our "ace" is a bit scary.

The bats are alive. They gotta get rid of this loser Mota, though.

Mota has sucked. The bullpen cost them a couple of games last week. But the bats have come alive since the ASB, and maybe the change in the hitting coach affected that.

They need to put it all together over the next month, and they will be a force come October.

Per rotoworld the Phillies may have suffered a huge loss. They still have the bats but this kid has star written all over him and is filthy on the mound. Between this and the Utley injury thats some bad breaks for the Phillies.

Rotoworld:

Cole Hamels will miss his scheduled start Wednesday because of a mild MCL strain in his left elbow.

Uh oh. Whether it wrecks their postseason chances or not, the Phillies need to be very cautious here. Team physician Michael Ciccotti said Hamels could miss one to three weeks, pending the results of an MRI. The Phillies will move up the rest of the rotation one day and go with J.D. Durbin on Wednesday. They could call up J.A. Happ to start Saturday, but a trade for Steve Trachsel or someone similar will have to be considered.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Big loss for Philly, as Hamels seems like he is the real deal.

Back on topic, there never was any doubt about Alou's ability to hit. His health was the issue. At the beginning of the year, I wondered if he could stay healthy for 100 games.

Archived