Cotchery caught by new spike rule- Randy Lange

Kentucky Jet

Cotchery Caught by New Spike Rule

Published: Sat, August 18, 3:04pm EST

By Randy Lange

Lange is editor-in-chief of newyorkjets.com. He covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

File Under: Chad Pennington, Shaun Ellis, Jerricho Cotchery, delay of game, spike

change font email article 08/18

It looked to me like that were trying to make an example of him to get the message out that they will be calling it this season. A reminder that they are taking this new rule seriously. Even though it was a ridiculous call in this case player's will need to watch it during the regular season.

What about when S.Moss spins the ball after each and every catch he makes? I just thinks it's getting out of hand... I mean if the players cant play with thier heart, why even play the game? I mean if the league wants all NFL Players to be humble like a B.Sanders, well then so be it, but I'm telling you... These bs calls are bad for the NFL.

What about when S.Moss spins the ball after each and every catch he makes? I just thinks it's getting out of hand... I mean if the players cant play with thier heart, why even play the game? I mean if the league wants all NFL Players to be humble like a B.Sanders, well then so be it, but I'm telling you... These bs calls are bad for the NFL.

Playing with heart or not there is so much done by players that was/is unnecessary. The gesticulating like an erotic dancer, spinning the ball like Moss does, I think THAT has gotten out of hand. IMO this is a great rule. Even though I agree that officials will misinterpret the rule. If I was coach am I tell my players to just leave the ball on the ground and go back to the huddle. Do not hand the ball to the official. Just leave it on the ground. Make the official pick it up. No BS after the play. We're all business. Focus on the prize not on what dance your going to do when you get a first down.

Archived