YouTube | Music Videos

rick34125

Cool. I read somewhere that when Green rejoined Fleetwood Mac after Jeremy Spencer "found religion" that he insisted that entire sets consist of jams of Black Magic Woman.

Yeah Borgo, I was just telling my friend before, Peter Green is positively one of my favorite guitar players. Dom, that's interesting. After Peter Green went a little nuts on LSD he wanted to play free shows only. I want to learn more about Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Borgo, I was just telling my friend before, Peter Green is positively one of my favorite guitar players. Dom, that's interesting. After Peter Green went a little nuts on LSD he wanted to play free shows only. I want to learn more about Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

Yeah, they basically ran him out of the band because he wanted them to give all their money away. The Green Manalishi is supposedly money. He was actually arrested for trying to shoot his manager or accountant. Legend has it Green pulled a gun and threatened to shoot the guy if he didn't stop sending him royalty checks.

Green replaced Clapton with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Here is the Super-Natural

QeOKj5XdVAE&feature=related

Yeah, they basically ran him out of the band because he wanted them to give all their money away. The Green Manalishi is supposedly money. He was actually arrested for trying to shoot his manager or accountant. Legend has it Green pulled a gun and threatened to shoot the guy if he didn't stop sending him royalty checks.

Green replaced Clapton with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Here is the Super-Natural

QeOKj5XdVAE&feature=related

I don't remember the last time I would have heard this tune. College, maybe? Thanks very much "27" for posting it. I can't believe how much Green sounds like Jeff Beck. Who influenced who? Remember this one? Aerosmith? What?

The Yardbirds

Train Kept A Rollin"

-IgPIveQui4

I don't remember the last time I would have heard this tune. College, maybe? Thanks very much "27" for posting it. I can't believe how much Green sounds like Jeff Beck. Who influenced who? Remember this one? Aerosmith? What?

The Yardbirds

Train Kept A Rollin"

-IgPIveQui4

Ha. Great choice. I love Beck. I basically play two songs on guitar. Train Kept A Rollin' and Louie Louie 'til you puke! I was just reading that Cliff Gallup from Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps was a big influence on both Green and Beck. Have to figure he was, I think Crazy Legs was all Gene Vincent covers and I think that Neil Young even did some of his stuff with the Shocking Pinks album.

I can't recommend this video, but the guitar is cool.

A0Uph72c1Rc

Ha. Great choice. I love Beck. I basically play two songs on guitar. Train Kept A Rollin' and Louie Louie 'til you puke! I was just reading that Cliff Gallup from Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps was a big influence on both Green and Beck. Have to figure he was, I think Crazy Legs was all Gene Vincent covers and I think that Neil Young even did some of his stuff with the Shocking Pinks album.

I can't recommend this video, but the guitar is cool.

A0Uph72c1Rc

Wow. That was fantastic playing. Just really swingin'. You forget what a brilliant artist Gene Vincent was. Can you believe how much Gallup's sound and technique influenced Brian Setzer? Holy cow, he's got to send a check royalty over. I'm heading over to iTunes to see if they have that tune. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't own any Vincent tracks. That situation will be ameliorated today.

EDIT: Five Vincent tracks purchased.

Wow. That was fantastic playing. Just really swingin'. You forget what a brilliant artist Gene Vincent was. Can you believe how much Gallup's sound and technique influenced Brian Setzer? Holy cow, he's got to send a check royalty over. I'm heading over to iTunes to see if they have that tune. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't own any Vincent tracks. That situation will be ameliorated today.

EDIT: Five Vincent tracks purchased.

Good purchase. I know Double Talkin' Baby was part of the Stray Cats set list. They come on at around one minute. You are not being rickrolled.

zC-Gr6G_1Mc

Good purchase. I know Double Talkin' Baby was part of the Stray Cats set list. They come on at around one minute. You are not being rickrolled.

zC-Gr6G_1Mc

Setzer is an American treasure. He's come up a few times in the last few weeks. He just wails. Thanks.

All this talk about cabins on the California coast has me sad and nostalgic for the SF Bay Area.

How about these guys from the Bay area? Yesterday and Today. We used to love 'em. I probably saw 'em four or five times and they always put on a good show even when Dave started getting a little tubby. Guess the makeup and hairspray got to them, but the guy could play. Awesome dated video.

EZDLaLqpJfU&feature=related

How about these guys from the Bay area? Yesterday and Today. We used to love 'em. I probably saw 'em four or five times and they always put on a good show even when Dave started getting a little tubby. Guess the makeup and hairspray got to them, but the guy could play. Awesome dated video.

EZDLaLqpJfU&feature=related

I saw Y&T a couple of times. They were great live and I thought they should have been bigger. Here's another Bay Area guy:

Sammy Hagar

Three Lock Box

tWT8RaQhbjg

Graham Parker

Local Girls

My favorite Graham Parker song isn't done by Graham Parker

Dave Edmunds - Crawlin' From the Wreckage

bWtvyd1F5Mo

Took out my revenge on the revolution counter!

Setzer is an American treasure. He's come up a few times in the last few weeks. He just wails. Thanks.

That's cause I keep bringing him up! I'm trying to decide if I should drive down to Senigallia to see them. My friend's band the Dragons is opening. Old school Italian surf and rockabilly. They eat that **** up over here. I'd love to go, but it's a Friday, a five hour drive, I'd have to leave work early and I'm flying back to NY the next week.

http://www.thedragons.it/index.html

My favorite Graham Parker song isn't done by Graham Parker

Dave Edmunds - Crawlin' From the Wreckage

bWtvyd1F5Mo

Took out my revenge on the revolution counter!

That's cause I keep bringing him up! I'm trying to decide if I should drive down to Senigallia to see them. My friend's band the Dragons is opening. Old school Italian surf and rockabilly. They eat that **** up over here. I'd love to go, but it's a Friday, a five hour drive, I'd have to leave work early and I'm flying back to NY the next week.

http://www.thedragons.it/index.html

Crawling From the Wreckage puts me in the Choir Loft Bar on Staten Island--with its awesome juke box--totally loaded on Bass ale and Kamakazis. On the Stray Cats front: It sounds like it might be one of those shows you will talk about for the rest of your life. The only caveat is that they can still play. If it's going to be a "Vegas act", stay home.

Have to drop one last Peter Green. This clip was too tasty to leave out. Check out the young Barbi Benton!

Fleetwood Mac - Rattlesnake Shake

TqKKGDcexZs&feature=related

Great vid. One can only imagine the amount of DNA shared in that "rec room", as Hef calls it. BTW, how convoluted was that dialog with Hef at the beginning? Classic. Barbie was as I remembered her: a goddess.

I found it. He was. http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/Articles/Articles07/WEHAldo.htm

I think I remembered his name from the TV commercials. Worse, the ****er wrote songs for Celine Dion and Clay Aiken. A #1 hit? WTF?

Nice get! I guess he wasn't in the original. Good work, 27. You may skip laps with the team tomorrow after practice. BTW, are you goin' to the Stray Cats or not?

Nice get! I guess he wasn't in the original. Good work, 27. You may skip laps with the team tomorrow after practice. BTW, are you goin' to the Stray Cats or not?

No idea on the Cats. Game time decision.

Here is another guy that the Italians love.

Link Wray - Rumble. I barely remember the name, but the riff is a classic. Over here, he is considered royalty. One of the first uses of distortion?

LUHz0i8_ziA

No idea on the Cats. Game time decision.

Here is another guy that the Italians love.

Link Wray - Rumble. I barely remember the name, but the riff is a classic. Over here, he is considered royalty. One of the first uses of distortion?

LUHz0i8_ziA

Yeah! If you're gonna put up Link, we gotta throw a shout to Dick Dale:

Dick Dale

Nitro

xymVxcLQVT8

Archived