Artrell Hawkins?

BUM-KNEE

The Jets hosted free agent DB Artrell Hawkins this week.

Hawkins knows Eric Mangini well from his days as the Patriots' defensive coordinator. The Jets could be looking to upgrade from Rashad Washington.

Source: Boston Globe

First Ive heard about this.

Not sure if he'd actually be an upgrade though...

http://www.nfl.com/players/artrellhawkins/profile?id=HAW113572

An upgrade for Rashad Washington? From what I've read the Jets love Rashad's play both as a back-up Safety and as a Special Teams player. This would not make me happy to see Rashad released. He's a good player.

I thought they were thinking about keeping Ventrone as an "upgrade" over Rashad Washington.

No way does Rashad Washington get released. The guy is a hell of a player and I would go to battle with him anyday. He is not being replaced. Might they carry 5 safeties? Maybe, but Rashad will be a Jet.

No way does Rashad Washington get released. The guy is a hell of a player and I would go to battle with him anyday. He is not being replaced. Might they carry 5 safeties? Maybe, but Rashad will be a Jet.

I like him too, but not that much. Basically, I think he's inconsequential. 4th safety? Pretty unlikely he'll see any playing time outside of specials. FWIW, I think he sticks too.

Archived