My thoughts on the Pats game and Chad Pennington.

Irish Jet

Here are my thoughts on yesterdays game, both the positives and negatives from our performance:

Positives

(I'll try)

Chad Pennington - I was so impressed by Chad yesterday, he hung tough when the rest of the team were crashing around and he definetly held up his end of the deal. he was moving on the Pats D at will and if he had any kind of protection I think he could have won us the game, Best player on the field by a country mile yesterday. He showed amazing toughness and resiliance on that last TD drive, the guy could hardly walk yet he lead us down the field for a TD. He is the leader and IMO the best player on this football team.

Laveranues Coles - Was pretty solid as always, two nice TD's and some very crisp routes. Should have caught the fade route the first time but made up for it immediately with the TD.

Darelle Revis - Ok, so he was by no means great out there but at least held his own unlike Barret and Miller, did a nice job IMO and if I had no idea and was told that there was a rookie playing in the secondary for the Jets, I can assure you revis would not have been the name mentioned. He is our starter at #2 CB IMO with a healthy dyson at #1.

Negatives

(Where do I start)

Defence - Im not even going to bother picking out anyone, the simple fact is:

We cant stop the run

We cant in any way shape or form rush the passer

The majority of our CB's cant cover

We dont make plays/turnovers

That about covers it, in general our Defence absolutely sucked yesterday even if the Pats were 'cheating'

There is no excuse in the world for giving up four 80 yard drives.

O-line - Another group that just suck only this time the individuals are so glaring they have to be picked out. None moreso than D'turnstile Ferguson, that was a disgraceful performance. You'd think he hated Chad or something. If he doesnt seriously improve, not only is he going to hurt this teams chances of winning, he is going to hurt QB's.

At LG, I just dont think Clarke can cut it, or anyone else on the roster for that matter. The Kendall trade was a bad move, IMO we should have paid the guy plain and simple. I doubt he would have made a huge difference yesterday but he definetly would have been an upgrade to anything we have at the moment. IMO we will really miss him in the long run.

Our run blocking was awful yesterday and am suprised we stuck with it as long as we did.

Last and most of all.

Our fans-For the first time in my life I felt ashamed to be a Jets fan. The fans who jeered Chad are a total disgrace. I keep trying to convince myself that they were applauding his effort or Clemens arrival but there was something about the tone of the 'cheering' that told me they actually enjoying Chads pain.

I'm being serious when I say this:

As a Jets fan I want to see Chad stay for a long time. I have always liked him as a QB and really think he brings a lot more than just leadership to this team. IMO he is one of the very few good things on this team right now and has shown he can get it done vs quality opposition with limited help. Kellen Clemens looks in no way ready and if this team is to be succesful in the coming future, It will be with Chad behind centre.

now....

AS A CHAD FAN I want to see him win a Superbowl and IMO thats not going to happen in the foreseeable future with those 2 lines. I think that after the season he should go find another team, someone like Baltimore or Chicago. A team that has the pieces in place for a QB like Chad to lead them to the SB, a team that could maybe protect him once in a while. This guy deserves better IMO and to the Jets fans who coldly cheered his pain yesterday: You dont deserve a QB like Chad, then again, they dont deserve sh*t.

• 3 months later...
way to nail that one

Well that wasn't really proved wrong.

He was definetly our leader (which he was) and I said in my opinion he was the bast player on our team, I said it was my opinion, didn't state like it was fact.

You on the other hand came straight out and said Reggie Bush is better than Maurice Jones Drew, That he is a future HOF'er and will one day be joined in the hall by Vince Young.

Bit different.

Well that wasn't really proved wrong.

He was definetly our leader (which he was) and I said in my opinion he was the bast player on our team, I said it was my opinion, didn't state like it was fact.

You on the other hand came straight out and said Reggie Bush is better than Maurice Jones Drew, That he is a future HOF'er and will one day be joined in the hall by Vince Young.

Bit different.

well its not my fault you don't start any threads and freepost 80 times a day in other peoples

Archived