Pats were cheating per PFT & video

Kentucky Jet

PATS WERE CLEARLY CHEATING

Jay Glazer of FOX just played a portion of the video that was shot last Sunday by Pats employee Matt Estrella. The tape shows that Estrella was clearly taping the Jets' defensive signals before a play, and then panning the camera to the scoreboard, capturing the down and distance.

Reacting to the images, former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson declared: "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. . . . I tried it, I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also admitted to going through the trash in the press box to look for any notes that opposing coaches discarded.

Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw then debated the outcry regarding the fact that the Pats were caught in the act. Long thinks everyone is cheating or trying to cheat; Bradshaw argued that the fact that Belichick got caught makes the punishment and criticism fair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question about the cheating is this: Why use the same "assistant video coach" repeatedly? Especially after he's been caught. If they were just going to use the film for future games they wouldn't have taped the Packers who they see once a decade and would have used somebody in the stands. Maybe this Estrella has a particular talent for relaying the signals quickly enough to use. Or maybe BB is just so arrogant he figured he'd be getting away with this bull**** forever.

Ive lost all respect for Long. I can't believe he would say something this retarded to try and take some of the blame off of Belicheat. Long stfu.

How in the hell does Howie know Belichick?

Is yopur head buried that deep in the sand?

When Jimmie Johnson is instructed on how to 'cheat' 18 years ago, it is not something Belichick invented. Everybody tries to steal signals.

My question about the cheating is this: Why use the same "assistant video coach" repeatedly? Especially after he's been caught. If they were just going to use the film for future games they wouldn't have taped the Packers who they see once a decade and would have used somebody in the stands. Maybe this Estrella has a particular talent for relaying the signals quickly enough to use. Or maybe BB is just so arrogant he figured he'd be getting away with this bull**** forever.

No. His mis-interpreted the rules. ;)

Archived