Chad Pennington Shoulder's this Team

Coles83

First off..My hats off to KC last week for showing a live arm. I see great potential in the kid. Everyone wants the big live arm..Man just go pick up an xbox360 or ps2/3..Put the qb arm power rating on 99 and just fire away..

Everyone centers the attention on the focal point of the offense. Rex Grossman was carried to the superbowl last year by his defense. Kyle Boller has been a joke..Nice arm but another average qb who is being carried by the Ravens. Point being, our defense hasn't been anything since 04. I will not give Herm any props, because thank god he is gone. Our team relies on Chad to win games. Someone in the forums mentioned how KC took many sacks where Penny would dump off quickly to avoid the sack. It's damn true.

Something has to be done about our defense and offensive line. Yeah the qb position is pretty to judge and easy to blame, but I the last time our defense was in the top 10 in pass and rush was in 04.

Why carry a 4-3 linebacker like Vilma..That guy is a nightmare in a 4-3..

The offense is carrying this team.. Playmakers like Leon Washington, Cotch, Coles, and Penny are going to win our games. Our defense is no threat to anyone..Basically we are like a good maybe above average boxer with no chin..Plenty of heart and toughness but can't take a hit..We got talent and playmakers on both side of the ball, but both lines are so mediocre.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brad Smith or Marcus whatever the hell his name is in the backfield by the end of the season.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. Chad Pennington is not a playmaker. It's not a knock on him, he's just not that type of quarterback. Even his biggest fans will tell you he's a game manager not Carson Palmer.

That said I agree with the rest of your post. We have some weapons on offense but the line is crap. The defensive line is crap and will continue to be so until we get a nose tackle. I really don't see us making all that much noise unless the O line suddenly gels, in which case we still won't advance in the playoffs because of our lack of a NT.

nice post. i definitely don't think the offensive playmakers get enough credit because other aspects of the team are so blatantly underachieving. the fact that the team can score 14 points is quite amazing actually. on teams with solid defenses, that can win you a few games. it would've won the game for the Ravens this past sunday....

I'm going to have to disagree with you. Chad Pennington is not a playmaker. It's not a knock on him, he's just not that type of quarterback. Even his biggest fans will tell you he's a game manager not Carson Palmer.

That said I agree with the rest of your post. We have some weapons on offense but the line is crap. The defensive line is crap and will continue to be so until we get a nose tackle. I really don't see us making all that much noise unless the O line suddenly gels, in which case we still won't advance in the playoffs because of our lack of a NT.

Where was Carson Palmer when the playoffs came around last year?

At home counting the ways in which he is undeniably superior to Chad Pennington. If the Bengals had our schedule last year they would have been in the playoffs.

If Chad had Chad Johnson he would have beaten the Pats in the playoffs...

At the end of the day Palmer and his great playmaking skills got him nowhere even with an all-star WR...

Chad DOES shoulder the load for this team... he just doesnt do it in a "sexy" way so some fans dont like it..

Once kick away from the title game... dont forget that

If Chad had Chad Johnson he would have beaten the Pats in the playoffs...

At the end of the day Palmer and his great playmaking skills got him nowhere even with an all-star WR...

4000+ yards, 28 TD's & 13 INT's says Carson Palmer got it done last year. Too bad the Cincy D ranked in the bottom 5 in most categories.

The Jets D gave Chad a chance.

Just sayin.

4000+ yards, 28 TD's & 13 INT's says Carson Palmer got it done last year. Too bad the Cincy D ranked in the bottom 5 in most categories.

The Jets D gave Chad a chance.

Just sayin.

The JETS D did what?

Chad kept the D off the field... the TOP for the JETS O was only 1 minute less than the best in the NFL

Chad Pennington led his team to the playoffs, and lost to a very good (cheating) pats team... which he beat earlier that year...

The JETS D did what?

Chad kept the D off the field... the TOP for the JETS O was only 1 minute less than the best in the NFL

Chad Pennington led his team to the playoffs, and lost to a very good (cheating) pats team... which he beat earlier that year...

You are crazier than I thought as you sound like Herm. The 9-7 Chiefs made the playoffs and were dispatched in straight sets like Chad and the Jets.

Carson Palmer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kellen Clemens>>>>>>>>>>>>Chad.

Archived