Charity bet: Who puts up the better statistical season this year: Bowers/Mayer or Conklin/Ruckert?

Better combined statistical/fantasy season?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Better combined statistical/fantasy season?

• Conklin and Ruckert
    • Bowers and Mayer

$10 (minimum) to St Jude’s for the losers. Who puts up the better combined statistical season in 2024: Bowers and Mayer for the Raiders or Conklin and Ruckert for the Jets? At the end of the year, we’ll take the total from ESPN fantasy (which I believe is a PPR format) and whoever sides with the losing pair has to throw $10 to charity. 

• More Ugh 1

Bowers/Mayer and it won't be anywhere close.  Between those 2 and Devante, I'm fascinated to see what the Raiders are going to look like next year. 

Fwiw, I could see Mayer end up being the better TE.

I'm not in for the monetary aspect of this, btw.  

• Upvote 1

since we're talking about it there's a charity bet I wanted to talk to you about Shane 

that Duane Brown starts more games for the rest of his career vs Mekhi Becton starting games for the rest of his career - Aug 2023

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/174466-7-appetizers-served-by-77/page/3/#comment-5824350

$50 to St Judes

it's such a good cause I'll probably match it 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

since we're talking about it there's a charity bet I wanted to talk to you about Shane 

that Duane Brown starts more games for the rest of his career vs Mekhi Becton starting games for the rest of his career - Aug 2023

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/174466-7-appetizers-served-by-77/page/3/#comment-5824350

$50 to St Judes

Somebody make it interesting and I'll go starts to snaps.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

$50 to St Judes

We already made that bet, right? Wasn’t there some dude who was big pro-Becton? Is it in that thread? 

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Who has more receptions, Bowers or Olu?

I mean, those were the options at #11.

With those hands, it’s hard to see Olu as a Jumbo Elliot replacement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bowers/Mayer and it won't be anywhere close.  Between those 2 and Devante, I'm fascinated to see what the Raiders are going to look like next year. 

Fwiw, I could see Mayer end up being the better TE.

I'm not in for the monetary aspect of this, btw.  

Conklin doubled up Mayer last year in receptions and yards with Zach Wilson, Trevor Siemien and Tim Boyle throwing him the ball.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Conklin doubled up Mayer last year in receptions and yards with Zach Wilson, Trevor Siemien and Tim Boyle throwing him the ball.

Mayer is an absolute beast though.  Maybe I'll be wrong but I think he's going to emerge.  

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

$10 (minimum) to St Jude’s for the losers. Who puts up the better combined statistical season in 2024: Bowers and Mayer for the Raiders or Conklin and Ruckert for the Jets? At the end of the year, we’ll take the total from ESPN fantasy (which I believe is a PPR format) and whoever sides with the losing pair has to throw $10 to charity. 

ruckert is buns

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mayer is an absolute beast though.  Maybe I'll be wrong but I think he's going to emerge.  

You could be right for sure — TEs usually take a while. Just saying it’s kind of crazy to say it’s that much of a mismatch in 2024.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

On one hand, the duo catching passes from

Aaron Rodgers seems like a no-brainer. On the other hand, Rodgers is going to throw a LOT to GW and Mike Williams. 

That’s what makes it spicy. I also want to see @Gastineau Lives self-ban himself when Ruckert has more fantasy points than Bowers at the midpoint and that alone keeps him in eighth place in every one of his 27 high-dollar fantasy leagues. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a pro-Jets bet, Larz! I’m saying Conklin/Ruckert>>>>>Bowers/Mayer!

Can’t we just be happy that the jets drafted offense 4 straight picks and are building an offense that can run out the clock and a defense that can kill drives ?

You are so bummed that you can’t troll on bowers anymore.  

Let it go man 

I give it to July before you start with the McCarthy stuff lol

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Can’t we just be happy that the jets drafted offense 4 straight picks and are building an offense that can run out the clock and a defense that can kill drives ?

You are so bummed that you can’t troll on bowers anymore.  

Let it go man 

I give it to July before you start with the McCarthy stuff lol

Bowers is meh and will disappear in Vegas. McCarthy sucks. After all these years it’s like you don’t even know me, man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That’s what makes it spicy. I also want to see @Gastineau Lives self-ban himself when Ruckert has more fantasy points than Bowers at the midpoint and that alone keeps him in eighth place in every one of his 27 high-dollar fantasy leagues. 

Bowers and Mayer vs Ruckert and Conklin, in a vacuum, is a mismatch. Football isn’t played in a vacuum though. 

Only t0ms pee pee is (emergency room bill to prove)

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

highly doubtful he emerges now. he was just moved down in the depth chart, he will need to go somewhere else to become anything significant

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bowers is meh and will disappear in Vegas. McCarthy sucks. After all these years it’s like you don’t even know me, man. 

I didn’t get the bowers fascination.  Aaron has never really used the TE he’s not like Brady who always used the TE.  And Bowers game translating to the NFL didn’t make sense either the athletes are bigger and faster and he himself is undersized for the position 

I don’t hate Bowers.  I actually think he may end up being a good player but is he going to be Gronk or Kelce? Probably not

Now Zach I hated from the very beginning 

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

highly doubtful he emerges now. he was just moved down in the depth chart, he will need to go somewhere else to become anything significant

If Mayer is available, JD should be all over that!

You silly homers.   Gardner Minshew is a master at the short passing game and is a check down charlie.  He does not, throw the ball downfield.  He averaged 6.7 ypa last season, w/ Adams and Meyers on the outside, Bowers is literally going to destroy the middle of the field, short passing game and probably get 160 targets and probably break every rookie TE record ever. 

Conklin is an absolute stiff and totally worthless in this offense now and I feel like a fanbase has never wished something to happen more than then they wish Ruckert to be more then a career back up jag.

On 4/27/2024 at 3:10 PM, T0mShane said:

I read that first line and thought "Damn, that's in bad taste even for Tom".  But I get it now.

Pretty safe bet that Conklin and Ruckert should put up far superior numbers.  Better QB and both reasons why you don't draft a bum like Bowers.

• Haha 1