Great moment today

Jetsfan80

So I'm sitting in my organizational communication class this morning here at UNC Wilmington, and the professor decides to apply some things we were learning through a discussion about a specific business. He asked the class "name an organization that we can discuss". One smug-looking student in the back said "The New England Patriots". A couple other students sitting near him were also Patriots fans (I don't know what they're doing here in North Carolina, but oh well).

We're told to name the "stakeholders" for the Patriots, and a list is written on the board (fans, coaches, players, vendors, advertisers, grounds crew, owner, other NFL teams, commissioner, among others). The professor then asks "OK, now tell me about something that has happened or could happened that would effect all of these stakeholders".

Me, wearing a Jets shirt and deciding to cause a ripple, raised my hand and said "Well, the Patriots were just caught cheating (at this, the professor said "oh yeah, I heard about this"), and this affected the whole organization; the head coach was fined $250,000, their achievements are tainted, fans might be disallusioned", etc.

A girl from Boston sitting in the back had a look as if she was going to punch me in the face, and immediately responded "Every team in the NFL does it, they were just the only ones that got caught!" The other Pats fans also seemed offended, while the rest of the class just laughed.

Later on, the professor asked that someone take a picture of the board so he could use it as an example for later classes. At this point, I asked the professor to put an asterisk next to the name "New England Patriots" before taking the picture. The Pats fans still looked a bit pissed off, but in my mind, mission accomplished.

The lesson? If you come into contact with Pats fans in your daily routine, don't hesitate to let them have it about their franchise. Don't let them get on Eric Mangini's case for being a whistleblower or allow them to make excuses. Make every Pats fan know, constantly, that their team is forever tainted for the actions of a few. Wipe the smug smiles off their faces. God knows they've given us enough grief for the last 6 years.

So I'm sitting in my organizational communication class this morning here at UNC Wilmington, and the professor decides to apply some things we were learning through a discussion about a specific business. He asked the class "name an organization that we can discuss". One smug-looking student in the back said "The New England Patriots". A couple other students sitting near him were also Patriots fans (I don't know what they're doing here in North Carolina, but oh well).

We're told to name the "stakeholders" for the Patriots, and a list is written on the board (fans, coaches, players, vendors, advertisers, grounds crew, owner, other NFL teams, commissioner, among others). The professor then asks "OK, now tell me about something that has happened or could happened that would effect all of these stakeholders".

Me, wearing a Jets shirt and deciding to cause a ripple, raised my hand and said "Well, the Patriots were just caught cheating (at this, the professor said "oh yeah, I heard about this"), and this affected the whole organization; the head coach was fined $250,000, their achievements are tainted, fans might be disallusioned", etc.

A girl from Boston sitting in the back had a look as if she was going to punch me in the face, and immediately responded "Every team in the NFL does it, they were just the only ones that got caught!" The other Pats fans also seemed offended, while the rest of the class just laughed.

Later on, the professor asked that someone take a picture of the board so he could use it as an example for later classes. At this point, I asked the professor to put an asterisk next to the name "New England Patriots" before taking the picture. The Pats fans still looked a bit pissed off, but in my mind, mission accomplished.

The lesson? If you come into contact with Pats fans in your daily routine, don't hesitate to let them have it about their franchise. Don't let them get on Eric Mangini's case for being a whistleblower or allow them to make excuses. Make every Pats fan know, constantly, that their team is forever tainted for the actions of a few. Wipe the smug smiles off their faces. God knows they've given us enough grief for the last 6 years.

This is their desting, forever tainted and mocked,,

POTW for ya...

Garb?

Buehler?

Anyone? :character41:

Nice job 80

I won't serv Pats fans at my liquor stores on Saturdays trying to get booze for the weekend......don't even get me started about Sawx fans, they get the same treatment all weekl..... I usually just double the price, and they leave all wicked pisssed off...lol

Nice job 80

I won't serv Pats fans at my liquor stores on Saturdays trying to get booze for the weekend......don't even get me started about Sawx fans, they get the same treatment all weekl..... I usually just double the price, and they leave all wicked pisssed off...lol

wow...that's flippin hilarious. Right to refuse service is a beautiful thing.

Archived