Chad Stunk, but the Defense is disgusting

ckmagic

Everyone knows what you will get from Chad. If I was an owner and my coach gave up more than 10 points to Pennington I would immediately fire him. All you have to do is crowd the Jets receivers, drop the LB back and he will be useless. Up until this season, only the Pats seemed to do that well. Now everyone except the Dolphins has that down pat.

I am furious with how bad the defense is...how many draft picks have we wasted and we still give up 99 yard drives?? Revis, Vilma, Robertson, Hobson, Ellis, Thomas, Rhodes, Smith, Harris, Piouha...All these guys were drafted to make the defense better...all were top 2 rounds except Smith, Piouha and Rhodes. Yet we can't stop anyone. That is what really makes me angry.

Chad is Chad. If we start him you can't be surprised with games like today. He can't do the things you need a QB to do and the league is figuring that out now. But our defense isn't supposed to be one of the worst in the league. the 3-4 is geared to stop the run, yet we are averaging allowing almost 140 rushing yards a game.

This really makes me wonder if Mangini knows what he is doing. Everyone knows now that his is more Joe Walton than Bill Bellichick. He has ONE MORE draft to get this ship right. If they are not MARKETLY better in what will be his THIRD draft and THIRD season, then he is gone. Just please dear Lord, let the media keep exposing him now for all the things he HASN'T done except for praising a guy that has beaten just ONE team with a winning record in his 21 games with this PATHETIC franchise.

agreed and welcome to JN (if you're not an alias)

I think that's what it is for me this year-the defense is playing with no heart-at least in '05 when we were decimated by injuries the D at least were trying. I mean a 99 yard friggin drive that as a fan I sat there pretty much expecting-I only yelled ONCE today ONCE...

I think that's what it is for me this year-the defense is playing with no heart-at least in '05 when we were decimated by injuries the D at least were trying. I mean a 99 yard friggin drive that as a fan I sat there pretty much expecting-I only yelled ONCE today ONCE...

I have no emotion for this season either. After seeing how dominant the Patriots and am becoming more and more convinced that the league manipulates the rules to allow them to dominate, there really is not point to this season. The Jets AREN'T winning the SB, so what's the point of watching them MAYBE go 9-7 and get blown out in the playoffs again??

What's really disturbing is that other franchises have managed to right their ship quickly and and win like the Panthers or Bucs or Ravens or Saints or Falcons, but the Jets just seem to hang in mediocrity. Every single time people expect them to do something they REALLY SHOW US how ignorant we are. Think we are good? Expect more than nothing?? WE"LL SHOW YOU!! Never mind the entire NFL wants nothing to do with our BORING style of 2 yards a play and 1,000 completions for 500 yards.

Everytime you think they are on their way they totally stick it to us. Now Mangini and TanneBUM have to deal with the negativity this franchise has wrought on all of us. The only time the Jets had any shot to compete was with Parcells. No one else who has any credibility with ever come here again. and until we get a WINNER in here, all we will have are seasons like this one.

Just look at what happened since last season. We SQUEAK into the playoffs then get BOMBED by our main competition. So what happens??? We sign Kenyon Coleman, David Bowens, draft a CB and trade away our best offensive lineman. Then we have to hear the LIES about how these guys are going to provide depth and excitement...Oh yeah, and lets bring in a 10-year RETIREE to give a shot at becoming a back-up. Then lets hear AGAIN how SMART all you guys are...

What do the Pats do?? The steal the best WR in football, sign the best free-agent in football for defense, add incredible depth at their worst position and keep all their key players.

WAY TO GO JETS!!! THANKS FOR DOING NOTHING AS USUAL AND EMBARASSING ALL OF US ONCE AGAIN.

this is why im looking forward to next years draft. any additions will help our defense at this point.

Don't you get it??

It doesn't matter if the Jets had Picks number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

The draftees would all under achieve and we would be left with 1st round draft picks at every position and still be 3-13.

Getting a better draft spot means NOTHING. The guys they do draft never achieve. Look at our top 1st round picks...Robertson???...Vilma - do you even SEE him anymore on the field??? I must say he is the best LB in football at tackling the runner after he gets a first down. Coleman had a solid rookie year...THEN???? Barton was good in 2004...THEN??? Hobson, Thomas??? Ellis - Can you believe he ACTUALLY made a PRO BOWL??

In all honesty, I never really know who is in the game because they never do anything worth while.

Ah, when Dyson didn't shove that gawky stork out of bounds. That was my one yell.

And your talking about all first round picks that were picked before Mangini got here. I understand all your frustration but I would at least like to hope maybe Mangini can draft better players that will do better than all those players you mentioned.

You can't judge Revis or Harris yet, but 2006 draft brought no one on defense and his FA signings have been terrible. Dyson, Coleman, Bowens...All are average at BEST.

i just cant understand how we dont even remotely resemble our team from last season, we had up and downs but at least i felt like we had a lot more passion in each game. and we at least won the games we were spose to win.

so this season we just barely squeeze a win from the dolphins and manage to loose to teams which are worse than us (Giants and Bills). And how can i look ahead at any of our future match-ups and think we should win this game after the last two weeks. These last two weeks have summed up how this seasons gonna play out more than any of us wanna think.

Archived