Chad supporters hear me!

lancemehl

What's the one thing that can save a boring 1-4 season when you need 30+ points every game to win because your defense sucks and you have a Very good offense at the skill positions:

A NEW GUN SLINGING QUARTERBACK(which all the scouting reports say Clemens is).IT HAS WORKED SO MANY TIMES IN THE PAST AND IT"S ALL WE HAVE LEFT!

Look!

Mangini going to the 3-4 turned this season into a rebuilding year ,last season was a fluke. We are rebuilding.But only on Defense.

Sutton needs to be replaced and Mangini given one more year with a different DC who can show us some differents 3-4 "looks" plus one more draft/FA to get players like Revis Harris. First stop- A Real 3-4, Big Fat Giant 350lb NT like EVERY Great 3-4 has and had. A big fat gut Ted Washington type.Personally, I say every time w draft take the Biggest available on the board(DT's,LB's and OLineman) Biggest available.I'd be scouting Sumo Wrestlers right now.

Sorry DRob, we never will know if the Hershel-like moves we made to get you were even close to worth it, we'll take the direct hit on that one.

Vilma, I personally pray that you have enough raw UM talent(speed-power) to find a way to pair up with Harris and do your thing, I pray a new DC will use you properly and also get something at OLB from BThomas(1st round) whose done jacksh-- so far.

I don't want to lose Vilma, but if I can't have my way, sorry, go be a pro bowler in a 4-3,don't worry the whole league plays it , and I hope that on the strength of your FANTASTIC rookie season and the BCS bowl vs. Nebraska we can get some value for you.

I love Chad, but:

1. we need 30+ points a game with this defense. Chad's not the guy that's going to light the skies with fireworks, we know this.

2. All four of those INT's were disgusting, and costly.

3. NOW Here are all the good things Mangini DID do:

• Bring in young Schott and found a star on our team named Cotchery to pair up with our other star Coles, plus he started using a TE to catch passes, plus he drafted us a Reggie Bush type playmaker in Leon.
  • He also TRIED to sure up the O-Line(Of course he didn't know Brick was a Matador part-time and his genius partner bungled the LG spot for pocket change), but he scored BIG with Mangold.
  • He got us a decent RB(next to las year's guy, a GREAT RB) and a supposed Bruiser of a FB, I haven't seen it yet.

MY Point!! We have an offense good enough that a true gun slinger(which all the scouting reports say Clemens is,ask JMac)can come in to this offense and put up 30 a game

and be exciting!!!!!

I love Chad,but he's as exciting as the Home shopping network.

Mangini going to the 3-4 turned this season into a rebuilding year ,last season was a fluke. We are rebuilding.

He went to the 3-4 last season, not this season. Explain why last year was a fluke, or is that the rationalization for the team playing like crap so far this year.

2006 New York Jets Schedule

Sep 10 at Tennessee - W (23-16)

Sep 17 New England - L (17-24)

Sep 24 at Buffalo - W (28-20)

Oct 1 Indianapolis - L (28-31)

Oct 8 at Jacksonville - L (0-41)

Oct 15 Miami - W (20-17)

Oct 22 Detroit - W (31-24)

Oct 29 at Cleveland - L (13-20)

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 at New England - W (17-14)

Nov 19 Chicago - L (0-10)

Nov 26 Houston - W (26-11)

Dec 3 at Green Bay - W (38-10)

Dec 10 Buffalo - L (13-31)

Dec 17 at Minnesota - W (26-13)

Dec 25 at Miami - W (13-10)

Dec 31 Oakland - W (23-3)

He went to the 3-4 last season, not this season. Explain why last year was a fluke, or is that the rationalization for the team playing like crap so far this year.

2006 New York Jets Schedule

Sep 10 at Tennessee - W (23-16)

Sep 17 New England - L (17-24)

Sep 24 at Buffalo - W (28-20)

Oct 1 Indianapolis - L (28-31)

Oct 8 at Jacksonville - L (0-41)

Oct 15 Miami - W (20-17)

Oct 22 Detroit - W (31-24)

Oct 29 at Cleveland - L (13-20)

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 at New England - W (17-14)

Nov 19 Chicago - L (0-10)

Nov 26 Houston - W (26-11)

Dec 3 at Green Bay - W (38-10)

Dec 10 Buffalo - L (13-31)

Dec 17 at Minnesota - W (26-13)

Dec 25 at Miami - W (13-10)

Dec 31 Oakland - W (23-3)

yes, I know he went to the 3-4 last season, thanks. Not sure why the schedule from last season is up, but Last season was a fluke because all the "so called"experts thought we would suck. We thought we would suck. We had a soft schedule,every RB who played us ran for a c-note, Cotchery broke out so did the rookie Leon.

As soon as it was playoff time we got our a$$es handed because of our horrible defense and showed the world we were a fluke.

Who cares why it was a fluke? it was. Do you disagree that we do not have a good defense right now?

Do you not want to give the kid a shot, yet? I can understand if you feel that way, Wait until we are mathematically out? I can see that point of view as well.

I just thought it's worth a shot, could be our Rothlesberger, or our Brady, you know what I'm saying?

Coming from a Chad fan club member, he ain't lighting it up,man. Did you see that INT at the goaline? Holy S---!

yes, I know he went to the 3-4 last season, thanks. Last season was a fluke because all the "so called"experts thought we would suck. We thought we would suck. We had a soft schedule,every RB who played us ran for a c-note, Cotchery broke out so did the rookie Leon.

As soon as it was playoff time we got our a$$es handed because of our horrible defense.

Who cares why it was a fluke? it was. Do you disagree that we do not have a good defense right now?

Do you not want to give the kid a shot, yet? I can understand if you feel that way, Wait until we are mathematically out? I can see that point of view as well.

I just thought it's worth a shot, could be our Rothlesberger, or our Brady, you know what I'm saying?

Coming from a Chad fan club member, he ain't lighting it up,man. Did you see that INT at the goaline? Holy S---!

Maybe you havent read any of my other posts since Saturday, but before the vagiants game i posted that if we went to 1-4, I would be okay with starting KC.

After that game, the second game in a row that CP threw two 4th auarter ints, i have posted that it would be a good idea if Mangini started KC.

My post here is not about keeping CP as the QB.

It is that I do not think last year was a fluke. The team played harder, executed better, had better gameplans and playcalling, and deserved the record they had (they probably got screwed on the Cleveland game, and with a little bit more luck could have upset the Colts, but basically they deserved the record they ended up with).

Most people thought over the off-season that the Jets would be better this year, but the record wouldnt reflect it since it was a harder schedule.

Do you think they are better this year? i think they look like crap with most of the same players starting as last year.

So, if most of the starters are the same, where is all this rebuilding?

And if they showed that by playing hard and having good gameplans they could win games, why isnt that happening this year?

Was playing hard last year a fluke?

Was having good gameplans a fluke?

Maybe you havent read any of my other posts since Saturday, but before the vagiants game i posted that if we went to 1-4, I would be okay with starting KC.

After that game, the second game in a row that CP threw two 4th auarter ints, i have posted that it would be a good idea if Mangini started KC.

My post here is not about keeping CP as the QB.

It is that I do not think last year was a fluke. The team played harder, executed better, had better gameplans and playcalling, and deserved the record they had (they probably got screwed on the Cleveland game, and with a little bit more luck could have upset the Colts, but basically they deserved the record they ended up with).

Most people thought over the off-season that the Jets would be better this year, but the record wouldnt reflect it since it was a harder schedule.

Do you think they are better this year? i think they look like crap with most of the same players starting as last year.

So, if most of the starters are the same, where is all this rebuilding?

And if they showed that by playing hard and having good gameplans they could win games, why isnt that happening this year?

Was playing hard last year a fluke?

Was having good gameplans a fluke?

I think:

the creampuff schedule,

Chad playing well, and not throwing disgusting and very costly INT's,

Nugent hitting his FG's

and the O-line actually taking a step backward losing Kendall and not replacing him. Brick has NOT made the improvements of a second year #4.

Bryan Thomas showed signs last year, this year he's invisible.

All of these things played into our 10-6 record, but when it mattered the BIGGER,BETTER team,the Pats exposed us.

This year Defense is overall the same.We made no improvements except a very good CB. The front seven that was a sieve last year remains an undersized sieve this year, with one new rookie who makes a play once a game.

I'd say we're an 8-8 team who went 10-6 last year and will go 6-10 this year.

Unless,just maybe, we have found something very special in Oregon last year!!!!!

Maybe it's our turn to do the Brady, Rothlesberger thing.

All I now is I saw three quarters of Rick Mirer against the Ravens and then I saw Brett Farve wearing number 11 in a jets jersey, F--- You,JMac!

I just don't see where we're gonna squeeze out 5 more wins this year LM-not with this (lack of) defense anyway

I agree. The defense is horrible, but if we have the KC that we saw in the 4th quarter of the Ravens game sitting on the bench, wouldn't that be more exciting that watching Chad-Ball and never having a chance.

To reiterate, I love Chad, but he's not the kind of guy that'll throw a bad team on his back.

If KC sucks like we saw the first 3 quarters, what do we lose?, nothing. Chad MUST understand that those FOUR disgustingly putrid INT's got him benched,if nothing else, to "let the ankle heal"

But if KC is what they say he is. Than we can play shootout with teams. Who knows? Maybe the electricity will transfer over to the defense. Maybe KC's "quick release" will help the O-line. Maybe his "arm strength" will loosen up opposing defenses for Thomas Jones and Leon.

The problem, despite those atrocious INT's ain't Chad, it's the Defense. But the solution certainly ain't Chad either, but it MIGHT, just Might be Kellen Clemens.

Or not, KC sux and we need Sutton replaced and we need to add about

200-250 lbs to that D.

I agree. The defense is horrible, but if we have the KC that we saw in the 4th quarter of the Ravens game sitting on the bench, wouldn't that be more exciting that watching Chad-Ball and never having a chance.

To reiterate, I love Chad, but he's not the kind of guy that'll throw a bad team on his back.

If KC sucks like we saw the first 3 quarters, what do we lose?, nothing. Chad MUST understand that those FOUR disgustingly putrid INT's got him benched,if nothing else, to "let the ankle heal"

But if KC is what they say he is. Than we can play shootout with teams. Who knows? Maybe the electricity will transfer over to the defense. Maybe KC's "quick release" will help the O-line. Maybe his "arm strength" will loosen up opposing defenses for Thomas Jones and Leon.

The problem, despite those atrocious INT's ain't Chad, it's the Defense. But the solution certainly ain't Chad either, but it MIGHT, just Might be Kellen Clemens.

Or not, KC sux and we need Sutton replaced and we need to add about

200-250 lbs to that D.

great post LM...look I know the defense ain't out there throwing ducks that are getting picked off but they aren't putting us in a position to sit on a lead either...we're always playing catch-up-even when we're ahead.

I agree it would be a lot more enjoyable watching Clemens at this point of a putrid season

Interesting post, LM. And Jetcane raises good questions about this defense. I don't buy that this year's schedule is so much harder than last year's. The defense really came on in the second half last year. DRob was actually showing progress at NT, at least more than he is showing this year, although he is clearly not a 3-4 NT. Thomas and Hobson were both getting to the QB on blitzes and were improving against the run. Rhoades played at a Pro Bowl level. These are all young guys. They are healthy, as far as we know. You would think, in their second year of a new system, they would all have progressed more. Instead, they have all regressed, especially DRob and Thomas. I can't explain it.

Interesting post, LM. And Jetcane raises good questions about this defense. I don't buy that this year's schedule is so much harder than last year's. The defense really came on in the second half last year. DRob was actually showing progress at NT, at least more than he is showing this year, although he is clearly not a 3-4 NT. Thomas and Hobson were both getting to the QB on blitzes and were improving against the run. Rhoades played at a Pro Bowl level. These are all young guys. They are healthy, as far as we know. You would think, in their second year of a new system, they would all have progressed more. Instead, they have all regressed, especially DRob and Thomas. I can't explain it.

Exactly, DM!

Everything you said.

And the reason i put up last year's schedule is so someone (LanceMehl) could explain why last year was such a fluke. It was not a fluke, and imo that is just an excuse to justify why the team isnt playing well this year- the second year in the system, with most of the same players, and coaches.

Exactly, DM!

Everything you said.

And the reason i put up last year's schedule is so someone (LanceMehl) could explain why last year was such a fluke. It was not a fluke, and imo that is just an excuse to justify why the team isnt playing well this year- the second year in the system, with most of the same players, and coaches.

...and no significant injuries-it boggles the mind really...maybe Mangini and his Billy Bob Thornton "be perfect" act is already wearing thin

Exactly, DM!

Everything you said.

Hey, Jetcane, Do I sense a little hostility? lol I answered your question, but what's funny is I think You, me and DonMaynard are all basically agreeing. I will actually add that the play of Pennington last year vs. this year is probably the biggest reason. I don't remember who said it, but we are actually 4 ugly, btter-face,disgusting, sickening INT's away from being 3-2 right now.

Hey, Jetcane, Do I sense a little hostility? lol I answered your question, but what's funny is I think You, me and DonMaynard are all basically agreeing. I will actually add that the play of Pennington last year vs. this year is probably the biggest reason. I don't remember who said it, but we are actually 4 ugly, btter-face,disgusting, sickening INT's away from being 3-2 right now.

No hostility at all, bud. :)

And maybe the answer is the difference in CP's play, though the D has been terrible compared to the second half of last season.Thats a reason, too.

I went through the schedule, and posted it because i dont see any fluke wins last season. the jets played well enough to win the games they won, and my feeling is they should be playing better than they have this year, and if they did, they woulda beaten the Bills and the vagiants.

So I am not buying that last year was a fluke (except maybe that CP had a flukishly good year). but definitely no hostility. ;)

Archived