I am a Jet's Fan & Yes I am Pissed

Jet27

I guess this thread is similar to the other one here but anyway....

I tell myself I won't get pissed on my Sunday. So I took my wife's advice and was calm through almost the entire game. Until Chad throw's yet another INT that's retruned for a TD.

That's when I said, ohh F this crap.

I am a Jet's fan and have been for a long time.

This team is going through the motions. I have seen this before many times. We need a HC that will prepare the team. We need a QB that can throw the ball and we can build around. We need a football guy at the GM position.

We need the Jet's to at least be a winning team first record wise and then playoff wise.

The Jet's FO doesn't get it. And that's what pisses me off the most.

We need to bite the bullit real hard and get some winning football people in here fast!!!!!!

I tell myself I won't get pissed on my Sunday. So I took my wife's advice and was calm through almost the entire game. Until Chad throw's yet another INT that's retruned for a TD.

This team is going through the motions. I have seen this before many times. We need a HC that will prepare the team. We need a QB that can throw the ball and we can build around. We need a football guy at the GM position.

We need the Jet's to at least be a winning team first record wise and then playoff wise.

We need to bite the bullit real hard and get some winning football people in here fast!!!!!!

I have a hard time blaming this on Mangini, I really do.

Is it past time for Penny to go? Yes, definately. But I seriously doubt KC wouldve made that much of a difference this season. We're 1-6 and thats terrible but its not like we're losing every game by double digits. Despite poor play on both sides of the ball, we have almost always had a shot to win or tie it late in the 4th... And thats usually a sign of coaching.

And to the 'we need a football GM' comment, Mangini is the football guy and Tanny is the #s guy. In other words, they work together, Mangini says 'bring this guy in' and Tanny's job is to get that guy to sign a contract that is fair to both sides.

This is mangini's 1st HC job, but he has definately been a part of a lot of winning in Baltimire under Marchriabroda, here under parcells and BB, and in NE throughout their good times (up until last year, of course.) Guys need to start their careers and make a name for themselves somewhere...

What we need is the players that fit the system, which we dont have on defense. If we had an average defense this year, we would have won 3-4 more games by now and would be looking at a record above or around .500.

For the last time, it comes down to these next two offseasons as a lot of players from previous eras have contracts ending this year and next year... (Vilma, Barrett, Robertson, Ellis all have contracts expiring either this or next year) Therefore, it is up to Mangini to handpick the guys that will best fit our team to replace these players.

We need some Fans that look to the future. We need Fans to be reminded of the first Press Conference that Mangini had when he told everyone that there will be changes and it will take a while. We need Fans to stop looking for an elite team in the middle of the second season of a HC who is GOING to make the Jets a winning team for a long time. We need Fans to reserve judging the HC until at least the end of his third season. In other words, we need Jets Fans to think positive. Stop thinking that they're going to lose every game. I hope when Mangini meets with the players this week, he makes it clear that any player on the team who doesn't buy into his scheme is welcome to leave. All these players were interviewed before coming aboard. Were they lying? And the Fans who are screaming to go back to the 43! We never really left the 43 and that is strictly because of Vilma. We all know that Dwayne Robertson is too light to be a true NT, but for now, he is what we got and he's not doing such a bad job. He's just not intimidating so he's not double covered. We can't stop the run. I've been a Fan since the Jets were the Titans and I seem to recall quite a few teams that we had which couldn't stop the run. In recent years, I don't really remember a Jets team that didn't give up mucho mucho running yds. I'm on the Jury too, and I say we're still out.

We need some Fans that look to the future. We need Fans to be reminded of the first Press Conference that Mangini had when he told everyone that there will be changes and it will take a while. We need Fans to stop looking for an elite team in the middle of the second season of a HC who is GOING to make the Jets a winning team for a long time. We need Fans to reserve judging the HC until at least the end of his third season. In other words, we need Jets Fans to think positive. Stop thinking that they're going to lose every game. I hope when Mangini meets with the players this week, he makes it clear that any player on the team who doesn't buy into his scheme is welcome to leave. All these players were interviewed before coming aboard. Were they lying? And the Fans who are screaming to go back to the 43! We never really left the 43 and that is strictly because of Vilma. We all know that Dwayne Robertson is too light to be a true NT, but for now, he is what we got and he's not doing such a bad job. He's just not intimidating so he's not double covered. We can't stop the run. I've been a Fan since the Jets were the Titans and I seem to recall quite a few teams that we had which couldn't stop the run. In recent years, I don't really remember a Jets team that didn't give up mucho mucho running yds. I'm on the Jury too, and I say we're still out.

POTW NOM!

Great post awats.

Tangini, unlike the fans, have the future of the franchise in their minds...

Gotta agree........we have too many GM's in waiting here who REPEATEDLY signed up for patience last year and now post like brats if the HC doesn't mirror their every amateur GM move at the exact amateur GM timeframe that they want to see the move made.

Like I always say....their is a large pct of Jet fans who are happiest when they are complaining. If any of our I told ya so guys disagree, I'd sure like to see their post stating their outright disagreement with the Mangini hiring last season.

Totally agree the jury is still out but the HC deserves more than 24 games before we deem ourselves smarter than him.

There are too many Mangini apologists at this point.

The Jets look like a team who expects to lose every week. They are the worst second half team in the NFL at this point. They never seem to make in-game adjustments. And this notion of "Building for the future" only works if this were a young team. This is not a young team. Besides Mangold, DBrick, Revis, and Harris, there are no other new young starters. Washington is a special teams player at this point. So is Brad Smith. KC rides the bench while Chad struggles.

I'd believe in a plan if I saw a plan. You don't trade away half your picks and make the defense worse. You don't draft two OL and still make the OL worse. Building for the future actually means building for the future. It means improving something. Right now this team is an expansion team.

I will give Mangini and Tanni another season to improve this team, but stop with the rebuilding crap. If this is rebuilding, we might as well wait till 2022 before they get enough good players in here.

Mangini has done a horrible job this season. If you can't admit that, that is a problem of somebody not able to accept reality. He did a good job last season. He's doing a terrible job this season. Ever hear of One Year Wonder?

What I see from him so far is Jim Mora Jr. The Atlanta Falcon's went to the NFC Championship game in Mora's first season, were like 7-9 the next two seasons. They never improved. He got fired. Call him a One Year Wonder. Right now, that is what Mangini looks like, except worse.

The way this season ends will determine a lot about next season. If they don't start KC anytime soon, you might as well say next year is a 'rebuilding' year cause KC will essentially be a rookie NFL starting QB. And God forbid if KC isn't the answer at that point.

Rebuilding means you start from scratch in year one. It doesn't mean trading draft picks for Thomas Jones, Patrick Ramsey, and Barlow. They weren't rebuilding, they were trying to win now and it backfired this year.

As a general comment: I guess because I seriously question Tangini I am not a Jets fan?

Come-on guys.

Have you seen the play calling. It is obtuse at best. And the decisions on personnel? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the moves that were made have back-fired (and have set this team back for at least a year if not more). And it has cost us the season (yet again). Are you happy with these results? I said this last year about Tangini, but many here were crowning these guys as freakin geniuses!!!

You need to step back and look at this objectively and then honestly say WTF is going on here.

How many times are we going to see INT's being returned for TD's because of that stupid in the flat pass call and then the pass from Penny? You have got to be kidding me that you couldn't tell those passes were going for 6 the other way every freakin time (either from your seat at the stadium or at home).

Again, I have been a Jets fan for a very long time going back to Broadway Joe days and I have seen a thing or two and I can tell you with 100% clarity, that what we see is a product of the FO and the coaching (as was the case with Herm, Coslett and all the others). Parcells was the only one in recent history to bring this team some real respectability.

Like I said we need a proven/winning HC and GM in here real fast.

Archived