Andy Pettite to the Orioles?

Blackout

I'll be shocked if this happens! This is the craziest rumor thus far of the 2005 season.

Pettite has a no-trade clause, if I remember correctly. He also took LESS MONEY to pitch in his hometown Houston when the Yankees egregiously snubbed him in 2003. I doubt Houston would let go of Pettite when they have him so cheaply for 1 more year. I doubt Pettite would allow this to happen now that he is an NL pitcher, why go back to the AL?

JBF's prediction: this trade never happens!

This sounds like the writers just looking for something to write about.

Everyone is trying to figure out when Houston is going to clean house.

Newsflash: They aren't

I would be shocked if Clemens and or Pettitte is traded.

The Astros were a mess last year until Garner came in and then they took off.

Granted they don't have Beltran but they still have the pitching so for me it would be hard to mark them as officially dead yet.

Haven't heard that 1.

I'm hearing tom gordon for juan pierre

bad trade, pierre is struggling real bad this year, and sturtze is not a good reliever, sorry.

BAD trade? Are you sh*tting me? The Yanks should at least give the Marlins a reacharound there and throw in Eric Duncan or something. The Yankees would be trading a 37-year old set-up man for a 27-year old bullet that is one of the best lead-off hitters in baseball. So, he's off to a rough start? The Marlins are supposed to be contenders. You don't see the Sox clammoring to trade Manny for Scott Linebrink.

Archived