Welcome to the Frying Pan Edition of Post of the Week - November 1, 2007

GreenBeans

Welcome to the game, Kellen Clemens. I hope you have learned well under Chad Pennington (thanks for everything, Chad!) and are ready to step in as the Jets starting QB. I'm looking forward to seeing the kid play - he seems to be smart and will be able to stretch the defense a bit as well. Go get'em, kid!

On to this week's nominations....

----

Originally Posted by Bugg

1. Donaghy will give up several more refs involved in nefarious stuff before he is sentenced.

It will be ugly.

Stern can try to sell this "rogue criminal referee" crap. It's nonsense. That a loudmouth like Donaghy could run around the Borgata blowing thousands with bookies meeting him all over the country without NBA security knowing about it means that NBA security is totally incompetent. Given the dope fiends, posses of hangerson and morons carrying guns that already infest the NBA sidelines, this should be no surprise. But the NBA's TV and marketing partners are not going to be amused.

2. The Knicks will suck.

3. The NBA will have record-low tv ratings.

(Editor's Note: WTF is the NBA? We're talking about the National Bowling Association now?)

-----

Topic: interesting point by the ahole Lupica

Originally Posted by Matt39

We keep hearing how "random" the playoffs are. Hear it about the outgoing manager especially. Well, somebody down in Tampa asked this question to Joe Torre the other day, and it was a pretty good one if you ask me: How come we never heard about how random things were in the playoffs until the Yankees stopped winning them?

The Red Sox are in the same random, crapshoot playoffs and have now gotten off the deck and come back from 3-0 down and 3-1 down in the last four years, and which of A-Rod's Yankee teams do you think were capable of that? The Red Sox were able to do this because their biggest stars - David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez - stepped up to the plate in all ways.

And right in the crazy happy scene at Fenway Park when the Red Sox won a pennant Yankee fans still think should have belonged to them was a kid who looked like a bat boy. His name is Dustin Pedroia and he plays second base for the Red Sox. In two innings of Game 7 and two at-bats against the Indians, he knocked in more postseason runs for his team than Alex Rodriguez has in three years for the Yankees.

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

I have said many times here that the playoffs are usually not about a "randomness".

The best TEAM usually wins. Not the team with the best players.

A baseball TEAM is one that meshes well within its roles and fits together. There is an order to things. That defines a team.

Haphazardly putting together OPS, VORP and OBP with WHIP and other stats is for the geeks. And they are always quick to tell you after the team with the best "geek stats' fails, that the playoffs are a "crapshoot".

Just look at the Yankkes with recent successes (WS wins) and failures (WS losses). It is obvious what differentiates those teams. And it is not "randomness".

It does not work all of the time, but the majority of the time the best TEAM wins.

(Editor's Note: True enough - the Yankees from 96 to 00 had the best teams in the league. The same is true of the 77-78 Yanks for that matter...)

-----

Topic: Next season will be telling........

Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER

Okay, most made Mangini a "genius" last year...a lot of posters had these little freaken penguins in their sigs...cute stuff.

(Editor's Note: super-penguins.jpg)

-----

Topic: The kotite Era has returned

Originally Posted by LWC611

I would not go that far....but I guess time will tell. It is amazing how so many folks are jumping of the mangini bandwagon...

Originally Posted by Lil Bit Special

Is it really a surprise??? No one wants to be associated with a losing franchise.

Its tough being a fan who sticks it out during these tough times.

All I ask is that every season ticket holder shows up on sunday and root on your team.

All I ask of all other fans is to turn on that TV at 4pm and root on your team.

You can bitch and moan all week but sunday afternoon you need to be dedicated to your team whether or not you like the decisions made by the coaching staff and front office. This is your team. Cheer them on.

You take time out of your day to talk about them here.. how many Jets fans do this?? 1% 2%??? Show the team that you care and show up on sunday.

Go Jets.

Originally Posted by pjam76

Honesty that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Yeah if you're a Jets fan you should root for the team regardless if it's a good or bad season. But to just spend money on the team cause your a fan makes you more a moron than a fan.

Go figure Woody could care less about winning cause regardless of what they put on the field, people will always show up and spend their money.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be an idiot and hand over your cash to an owner who doesn't seem to give a damn about bringing in experienced coaches and pro bowl players. And being a fan doesn't mean smiling after the Jets go 3-13 and you have to fork over more money for licenses, parking fees, and raised ticket prices. No my friend, that isn't a real fan, that is an idiot.

(Editor's Note: "A fan, aficionado, or supporter is someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking of a sporting club, person, group of persons, company, product, work of art, idea, or trend. Fans of a particular thing constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may start a fan club, hold fan conventions, create fanzines, write fan mail, or engage in similar activities. In a few cases, individual fans may become so obsessed with the objects of their infatuation that they become obsessive. These fans engage in behaviors that are considered extreme or abnormal[1]. This includes idolatry or other forms of worship, such as creating a personal shrine dedicated to the idol at one's home, and can sometimes extend to the point of the fans becoming stalkers." All I know is that if you were a REAL FAN you'd be forking over $55.)

-----

Topic: Kellen's vote of No Confidence

Originally Posted by Spudicus

There is one thing I see this season. Mangini has lost the locker room. The team seems to be running things not him, he's not benching Chad because he knows the team will side with Chad over him....he's used to being in the Belichick system with the humble pie...not the Herm system where the players were babied.

He has no power over these guys unless they are winning. Schott has packed it in and I think he has one foot out the door because of Kiffen being a head coach. He figures if that idiot can get the job with no NFL experience then what the heck am I doing in NY. Sutton is not a co-ordinator he is a position coach. Westoff is the only one who knows what he's doing other than Mangini and even he has lost the guys.

Eric can't run this team on his own when he doesn't have the respect of his team (mainly because he barely earned it). What little he did have he pissed it away by treating Kendall the way he did and doing nothing to improve the team. Vets who are skilled want to see a comittment to win not to stand...for lack of a better term...pat.

What Mangini needs to do is cram the ego, go to he players an apologize suck up a bit...serve himself a bit of humble pie and admit he was wrong and a little full of himself...he needs to humanize himself and bring him down to their level show he is an equal and re-earn the respect he got last year. Then they'll start playing for him, when you love your coach you'll go out on the field and bleed for him....Lombardi knew it, Landry knew it, Walsh knew it, hell even Belichick knows it.

The only reason Clemens isn't the starter is because the Jets aren't 1 team, they are 2 teams. One team is what was left when Herm did, a 4-3 defence with a QB drafted to do something he couldn't, a Star RB who was the heart of the team and a bunch of Vested vets who wanted everything handed to them. The other is the Mangini 3-4 Jets, the young strong solid unit who follows the coach and has to earn everything through hard work.

If he starts Clemens team one gives up and there aren't enough of team 2 to cover that absence.

There is only one way Mangini can succeed....become his own coach, not Bill Jr and not a Herm. He needs to cut and trade the ones who aren't buying in, build around whats left and make this his team fully. This is not a playoff team waiting to happen it's one that lucked into an good season last year, got stuck without the draft picks it needed, and ended up buying into the hype that they were a surprise team to beat and only needed a few key pieces.

(Editor's Note: But he is the "Mangenius" - even Tony Soprano says so...)

-----

Topic: Testaverde to start vs. Colts on Sunday

Originally Posted by 124

(Editor's Note: Very, very insightful, 124. Best work you've done in a while.)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

Didn't see it and sorry I missed it.

Originally Posted by NJ

I wasn't bitch'n at all buddy - you do a great job with the POTW and thats a lot of work. Just reiterating my concern with who's steering the boat and where they're steering it.

btw - love your new avatar

(Editor's Note: Thanks NJ!)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetcane

He's not going to be a safety.

I think the manlove for tangini is out of control. I dont like their brand of BS, i dont like how they treat their players (and I bet a lot of players dont like it either), and they arent too smart if they tried to install the 3-4 without a NT.

I dont like the look of this team, and I dont like the decisions, and i dont like how its being run.

Yeah they need a DL for the LBs to be effextive. that is brilliant observation. It's only been two off-seasons and they still need a NT and a DE. They need a RT and a LG. They are $9M under the cap, and clearly did not go all out to put the best possible team on the field for their fans.

Well, you know what, i'm not putting out any more money or effort into this team until i decide i like how it is being run.

(Editor's Note: I missed this one last week - you get to see it this week. I just want to know who is going to get JC's tickets now that he is not going to the games??? :))

-----

Originally Posted by NJ

I POTW'd you last week for basically the same statement but Beans didn't pick it up. I'm with you m'man. I don't like a bit of whats going on here now or over the last 7 weeks and I'm far from convinced that these guys know what the fvck they're doing. Starting with who's been picked to take the snaps Sunday, but theres a whole bag of crap these titheads are starting to drag around with them. Lets say we would have converted 2 of those L's into W's which really wasn't far away from happening. Would that mean we're a better football team? Not in my book. We'd still be sucking hind ta ta and more disgustingly, not moving in the right direction. One of both of these pinworms better have something up their sleeves that could even be disguised as viable - or I'll volunteer to come drive the pick-up truck that drags them out of town.

(Editor's Note: Are you supplying the concrete boots as well, NJ?)

-----

Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet

VILMA'S WASTED SEASON OVER October 28, 2007 -- THE leader of the NFL's 28th-ranked defense is out for the year, but how are we going to be able to tell? This shadow of the hunting, haunting, sideline-to-sideline linebacker that used to be Jonathan Vilma barely will be missed.

Whoever had been wearing No. 51 for the Jets this season had his soul removed at Mangini Laboratories. Because the coach won't let his players admit when they are hurt, Vilma had to go on his own paid radio show Tuesday and humiliate himself by implying he was benched, rather than that he had suffered a potential season-ending knee injury. Yesterday, Vilma was placed on injured reserve, ending the mystery.

Now that's taking one for the team, and a bad one at that. Meanwhile, what bullets are being taken by Mangenius, a former defensive coordinator who was outcoached a week ago when the prodigious-passing Bengals came out running?

Never mind his refusal to publicly criticize players whom you just know he is vaporizing in the film room, Eric Mangini unfailingly evades questions about any aspect of his team's play or personnel decisions by speaking only in the most generic terms.

What a coach does, of course, is more important than what he says. Either way, Mangini appears to have no answers for this 1-6 plight besides shuffling mediocre defensive backs failing for lack of a pass rush.

So if Mangini isn't quite ready to bring on Kellen Clemens, then it's a good thing he has no choice today against the Bills but to replace Vilma with rookie David Harris. We are assured that the second-round linebacker out of Michigan has been catching on fast, like we have the idea that not only defensive coordinator Bob Sutton, but these square pegs Mangini has been jamming into round holes, have got to go.

We can only assume the Jets traded up 16 spots in April to take Harris at No. 47 because he was a good fit for the 3-4 defense that many of the players Mangini inherited are not. The coach loves it for its flexibility, and he's not going to change, damn it!

The definition of good coaching is putting players in the best possible positions to succeed. But the definition of good management is providing players that give coaches their best chance to succeed. And this defense is giving the Jets only an opportunity to go 3-13.

That might seem hard to believe, coming off 10-6 with no significant personnel subtractions, or until now, injuries. But not really, considering the 2006 Jets defense ranked 20th in yards allowed and was gashed almost as badly by the run as the 2007 version. The old football truth - if you are not getting better, you are getting worse - seems applicable not just for Vilma, but for Dewayne Robertson and Shaun Ellis, recent first-round picks who were better fits for a 4-3.

Free speech being squashed in Hempstead like Vilma once squashed backs catching screens, we can surmise a lot of Jets are playing like dead fish because they feel they are out of water. But Vilma's body language on the field - he was averaging 5.5 tackles per game, down from 11.6 in 2004 - practically screams his loss of joie de vivre.

He has not been alone as Mangini holds noses to the grindstone, trying to obliterate the Jets' ability to smell themselves. But by now, a lot of these players on defense not only know their days are numbered, but probably are counting the days themselves.

jay.greenberg@nypost.com

(Editor's Note: Get well soon, JV.)

-----

Topic: A SAD YEAR IN THE NFL

Originally Posted by madmike1

I agree that this season is sad. The NFL is really hoping the Colts win the SB so they don't have to deal with the black eye of another fraud championship by exposed cheaters.

(Editor's Note: Just what the NFL needs - more Peyton Manning commercials....)

-----

Topic: Deangelo Hall is a FA next year if he wants to be...

Originally Posted by blackout806

should the Jets go after him?? he's young and talented, just needs to keep his mouth shut.

We'd rather have a piece of crap with a good SAT score.

(Editor's Note: ...and in this case that is a GOOD thing. Deangelo Hall is a POS.)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetcane

RU had 4 to's, wvu had none. ru knew they would run and still couldnt stop them. ru got their butts kicked and deserved to lose.

It would've been a completely game if the ball wasn't wet.

(Editor's Note: Waaaaaaaaaaaa! The ball was wet - waaaaaaaa! F-RU)

-----

Topic: Worst Thing I've Ever Seen

Originally Posted by C-Mart28

No, not the game today (that had an upside with Clemens coming in...finally).

It was the Patriots running up the score on a very dead Washington Redskins team.

It's the 4th quarter up by 38, Tom Brady still in, 4 and 1 inside the 10, and what do they do?

THEY GO FOR IT!!!!

Are you kidding me?

Another classless act by a classless organization. I hope one of those Pats stands up speaks out or they are all as bad as their cheating coach. They are a stain on this league and hope teams start going for Brady's needs, its the only way justice will be served and i Never ever wish injury on a player no matter who they play for but thats how much i was irked by this.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by green_blood

I wish the Jets could run up A SCORE.

(Editor's Note: I just wish they COULD score...)

-----

Runner-Up of the Week Sponsored by REALITY

Topic: It's not the same Chad and a Herm Bomb

Originally Posted by lancemehl

1. Love Chad,one of my favorite NY players, but this year, his demeanor, his face, tells it all, he is a beaten man. I feel maybe he could revive, but I pray Clemens can be an NFL QB and Chad should not sniff the field again. Even if he was begging to play I'd say that, but just look at the guy, he's finito! This year.

2. Right off the bat, because I know you guys are great with research and calling people out.

Many on this board know me for years, I've always been lancemehl, sometimes I'm wrong(like Chad performance this year), sometimes I think I'm right, but I want to be sure everyone knows that I have NEVER bashed Herm, even when it was "in style" and I knew and said from day one Herm would've had this team in the playoffs last year and this year like he always did barring starting QB injuries that Brooks Bollinger can't cure, neither can a 50 year old testeverde.

Brady,yes. Rothlesberger, yes. Then you can over come it. Brooks and Vinny, no.

All Herm needed was a guy to watch for reviews,clock mamnagement,2-point conversions, all that stuff, but the players loved and more than that respected him, why?

Because he played the game and played it well. NFL, not pop warner.

He would've had Donnie Henderson, light years ahead of Sutton and it doesn't maTTer if it's Hackett or Schott or even the two offensive geniuses Coslett and Walton, Joe Willy signed and we MUST use the same playbook.

I don't know what loophole that shotgun formation came from,but it doesn't matter.

HERM,Henderson and Schott(or anyone but Hackett) WOULD HAVE THIS TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

DO YOU THINK THIS 1-7 team GIVES A RATS a$$ about high school OL backup Mangini acting like General Patten?

BYE BYE Genius. Isiah gets his pass,why? Because he played and won and the players respect him. Mangini's name will be forgotten in 5 years.

The shame of it: Vilma and this season ruined. Thank God he picked up Harris, who I'm liking alot. Vilma may bring us a pass rusher.

Originally Posted by Bugg

Sutton was Herm's LB coach. He also held the same job under Groh, and was hired by Parcells. From your post, you make it sound like Bon Sutton was herded into Hofstra in the dead of night under a trenchcoat by Mangini, which is silliness. Further, with a real inside LB in Harris in there ratehr than your beloved lil'Jon Vilma, the defense, spare one play by practice squader Elam(packing his bags as I type this) the defense did the job.Being that they seem to be on the field all day thanks to said ineffective offense(4-yard passes on 3rd and 8, YEAH!), they held the Bills to 13 points and got 3 turnovers. Which the offense did very little with.

I readily acknowledge Mangini may end up being a failure(whcih sadly has been a common occurrence here going on 39 years), but that doesn't in an way make Edwards a great coach. Getting Loen Washington for him was a steal and a half.

Herm is a risk-averse, play not to lose two-faced phony douchebag. If you cannot score points, you cannot win. Edwards doesn't get this. he also still cannot figure out how a clock works,s omething i see Pop Warner and high school coaches do,easily, each weekend.he sitll manegs to eff thsi up with a coach paid to do such mundane tasks, Yes, you can, as a mathematical formula, win some football games by not taking any risks. but at some point you have to actually stand up and play and score some points by taking some calculate risks, which Edwards never did and still doesn't do. If winning 8-10 games half the time and getting spanked in the early rounds of the playoffs is your cup of tea, drink the freaking Koolaid. But don't pretend for a second we lost out on some budding Vince Lombardi. That's crap.

(Editor's Note: "I readily acknowledge Mangini may end up being a failure(whcih sadly has been a common occurrence here going on 39 years)" - this is my new sig.)

-----

Originally Posted by TaborJet

There's another reason to start Clemens that a lot of people are missing.

OK, let's get the obvious out there. Chad is done. D-O-N-E. There are plenty of teams who would love to at least have a mediocre QB. And will pay dearly for him.

Anyway, what if Clemens isn't the answer? What if, after 4 starts, goes 0-4 with a 2-to-1 INT to TD ratio? We need to at least find out, right now. Not after the bye week. Right now. Because if Clemens isn't the answer either, then the Jets can look to the draft, or (gasp) free-agency next year and start over.

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Tabor is correct...the main reason to let Clemens play is to see what we have so we can start planning the future. We either go with the kid or we draft or look for a QB in free agency.

If Chad was a race horse he would be on the back of a piece on construction paper by now.

(Editor's Note: Elmer Pennington? gcun27l.jpg)

-----

Topic: 9 men in the box

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

Thats what we saw all day yesterday again as Chad gets no 'Aretha Franklin' from opposing defenses.

Jones ran pretty damn well considering the Bills stacked the D knowing Chad's arm couldnt hurt them deep.

It will interesting to see Jones play without 9 men in a box on every damn play, when KC takes over.

9 men in the box on every freakin play. if that doesnt tell you how your QB is perceived then you are in a dream world..

Originally Posted by shawn306

I still don't know why the Jets keep going away from him in the second half.

Just boggles my mind. Then again the Jets have done alot of things to boggle my mind.

(Editor's Note: The worst thing - I can almost call all of the plays prior to the snap once again. Is Dick Curl hiding on the sideline again?)

-----

Topic: Redskins this weekend

anyone think the SKins defense can expose the PAtriots offense at all?

Originally Posted by jaspegs

no.

(Editor's Note: Good call - really good call.)

-----

Topic: How Long Will Teams Let NE Run Up The Score?

Originally Posted by serphnx

If teams don't want the Patriots scoring they should just forfeit, try to stop them, or start taking knees to show they don't want anymore scoring in the game. But I never see a losing team take knees, instead they keep trying to score. What happened to accepting a defeat gracefully? Instead these losing teams keep wasting time and trying to lengthen the game. Takine a time out to stop the clock when you're down by 3 scores? Where is the class in that?

There is nothing wrong with scoring points in the NFL. See this is what happens when you have Herm Edwards and Chad Pennington on your team for the past 7 years, Jets fans think there is some rule against scoring points. Goddamn people, get your heads out of your asses and start respecting a real football team. We ****ing suck, a loser is in no position to tell the winner how a game should be played.

(Editor's Note: Easiest way to prevent a team from running up a score is to - well - STOP THEM. Just ask Max, he stops the mods from doing great things every day.)

-----

Topic: YANKEE PRIDE

Originally Posted by AirForceJetFan

Wake up folks. 99.9999999% of every athlete in every sport plays for their respective team for one of two reasons.

A) They are paid enough to stay

B) Not enough time in the league to be eligible for FA yet

That includes Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Tom Glavine, David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc.....

I love the whole "players aren't loyal" bit too. The only time fans are "loyal" to the players is when times are good. I've seen Don Mattingly booed in Yankee Stadium. I've seen Derek Jeter booed in Yankee Stadium. I've seen Roger Clemens treated like an absolute POS by the fans of Boston because he had the audacity to get traded by an incompetent FO after a bad season. Players are "loyal" when they get the money they want, and fans are "loyal" when the players meet or exceed their expectations.

(Editor's Note: Fair enough, but damn if I don't miss the good 'ole days where Yankees hated Dodgers and Red Sox - period, the end. I say damn you Curt Flood...)

-----

Topic: TheGARV: A Time For Change

Originally Posted by Max

This week TheGARV salutes those Jets who have paid the ultimate price for the love of the game.

YZNILTPyrG4

(Editor's Note: "422 yards for a first down every play.")

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

I can only go by what the Lion's coaching staff said about him. Why so defensive? Were you up Hammer's a$$ with the Mike Williams bandwagon too?

no i just don't trust a thing a Patriot fan says on this forum

Originally Posted by Alk

Would you trust a Super Bowl winning coach?

"The main problem seems to be that he just didn't care about football. Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz has said he was stunned by Williams' lack of conditioning, and he often looked bored on the field. The last straw for Williams was his dropped pass that ended the Raiders' last, best chance at a fourth-quarter comeback Sunday. It was one in a long, long line of dropped passes for one of the most disappointing NFL players in recent memory."

(Editor's Note: What a waste of talent...and the Lions got two of them in two years...)

-----

Topic: I need a bar in Miami..

Originally Posted by P2C

to watch the game at. I have a previous engagement for Sunday night and can't go to my regular bar.

I'm going to be in the American Airlines Arena area...anyone know of a bar/resteraunt that will have the game on??

Originally Posted by Max

You decide where you are going yet? "Sperm's Place" is a good one. Definitely check it out, tell them Sperm sent you.

(Editor's Note: He said Miami, not Key West, you silly, silly man.)

-----

And this week's winner:

Topic: Clemens sucks

Originally Posted by PeterNorth09

Well, it doesn't help that Clemens himself looked like garbage during those garbage minutes:

CP/Att Td's Int's

5/12 0 2

For the season he has 1 td to 4 int's by the way.

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

4 picks:

1 when Coles fell down

1 that went through McCareins hands first

1 that was a terrible pass; not like there was much of a threat of us mixing it up with the run though

1 Hail Mary

Oh - and McCareins had two TD drops on the same drive.

But sure he's been awful.

I can't believe that NO ONE noticed (before that first pick) how the offense immediately sprang to life when Clemens got in.

He's less than a first-year starter at this point. He hasn't even gone through a single training camp as starter & hasn't worked with the first team as the main guy other than the 1 week preceding the Baltimore game.

Let's see how he does over time. If he sucks then he sucks. But I've seen what little Chad brings to the table at this point. He used to at least quasi-dominate the bad teams. Now he just sucks against everyone.

First it was because of the pass blocking. Well the pass blocking, while not stellar, is certainly improved overall.

So move on to excuse #2: if he only had a running game, then it would open up the passing game. Well over the past few games, with no QB to open up the running lanes, Jones has averaged just over 4.5ypc. So there went that excuse.

Now there are more excuses, which vary from the somewhat legitimate (playcalling) to the ridiculous (blaming Coles/Cotchery). Yet for some reason the playcalling - particularly on passing plays - seem to come alive when there's a different QB in there. As far as blaming Coles or Cotchery b/c they're not 6'4 or don't run 4.3-4.4's. Whatever. If that's all it took then Jacksonville would have 3 star WR's that would make any QB look godlike.

Get Kellen in there. If he sucks, then he sucks. No one can tell anything from one game. If you could, then in 2003 NE should have benched Brady after game 1 in Buffalo (or the 'skins game 3 weeks after that, or the Giants game 2 weeks after that) instead of riding him to a second championship.

Give him a little time. Because this year, time is what we've got.

Congratulations to Sperm Edwards on returning to the POTW Winner's Circle this week! Sperm has correctly and eloquently pointed out that the new SQB of the NYJ needs to be playing. "Give him a little time. Because this year, time is what we've got." says Mr. Edwards, and Mr. Edwards is 100% on the mark. Give the kid some time and let's just see how he does before determining he's no good - or even good, for that matter. Wear the POTW badge with pride this week, Spermie:

potw.jpg

Assist of the Week goes to JC, mostly because he is good people and partly because I forgot to add his nominated post last week. :bag: Keep writing what you see, JC - I know I appreciate it.

That's all for this week, kids - the sugar high is done and it's time to get back to work. Enjoy the game this week - it should be fun to see what the kid can do against a decent Washington defense. Y'all be cool....

gb

Congrats Spermaster!

Assist of the Week goes to JC, mostly because he is good people and partly because I forgot to add his nominated post last week. Keep writing what you see, JC - I know I appreciate it.

Thanks, GB. i have stopped bleeding and removed the tampon I had in last week from seeing my boy Vilma go on the IR.

I wrote an article I sent to Max last night, where i put my personal feelings aside and analyzed the upcoming second half of the season. If Max has a chance maybe he'll post it. ;-)

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my mangina fit last week. I'm feeling better now that the cramps have stopped.

:character0183:

great post sperm. You are right about the offense sprining to life, i sort of forgot what its like for the jets to air the ball out and just flat out attack. I see other teams do it, i just haven't felt the Jets could be one of those teams.

Here's to changing that mind set.

:cheers:

and beans...we need to vote you most valuable poster, the post of the week thing is really awsome. It's a tremendous read every week.

Sperm Edwards=JN's version of YJF....you are the best man....

Does he still post over there? Supposedly Sooth "encouraged" him not to post here anymore so I haven't read any of his stuff for some time now. But then, I only lurk there in that ultra-classy politics forum. I signed up under the username 8MoreYearsOfBushOrClintonPlease, lol.

And thanks for the kind words, man.

Hope for the best with Clemens. Kid certainly throws harder than any QB I've ever seen on the Jets, since Broadway Joe was just before my time. He can really zip it in there without a whole exaggerated windup. We'll see how good of a QB he is over time.

Go Jets!

Does he still post over there? Supposedly Sooth "encouraged" him not to post here anymore so I haven't read any of his stuff for some time now. But then, I only lurk there in that ultra-classy politics forum. I signed up under the username 8MoreYearsOfBushOrClintonPlease, lol.

And thanks for the kind words, man.

Hope for the best with Clemens. Kid certainly throws harder than any QB I've ever seen on the Jets, since Broadway Joe was just before my time. He can really zip it in there without a whole exaggerated windup. We'll see how good of a QB he is over time.

Go Jets!

check this new one out-he's famous for patting himself on the back and is getting called on it big time-Tex loves him though

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155902

check this new one out-he's famous for patting himself on the back and is getting called on it big time-Tex loves him though

LOL I saw that thread earlier, and the cliquish JI crowd jumped on him.

But you know, he is ALWAYS negative about the Jets, so in a season like this one, at least he has some basis to say he was right.

;)

LOL I saw that thread earlier, and the cliquish JI crowd jumped on him.

But you know, he is ALWAYS negative about the Jets, so in a season like this one, at least he has some basis to say he was right.

;)

yea great claim to fame-calling yourself a Jets fan and always trashing them-have some faith man or switch teams

I remind you of THAT?

Hey, I piss and moan a lot about players, coaches, whatever. But it isn't merely a "they were dumb" thing. When I rip the FO for not acquiring a NT, I put in actual names of players available; not just the "they should have gotten a NT" when the pickings were scarce.

Chiming in with "I told you they'd suck" without saying what you would have done instead is just infantile. Even people I've disagreed with on certain players (IrishJet/ecurb with Chad, Jetcane with Wilma, Bitonti with DRob) - at least those guys backed stuff up beyond the weak "they're good" line. They say WHY they think these players are good & what part of their games is good or improving or a way we could use them more effectively. Or regarding the coaching, 'cane & SFJ chime in how much he detests Mangini (like I did with Herm for years) & provide what they would have done differently. Even if I disagree with some of it, at least they write something beyond "he sucks/he's an idiot - fire him."

This post - and I'm not reading that whole boring thread - is just ridiculous. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining.

An example: I didn't really like their '06 draft in round 3 with Schlegel & Eric Smith. But to just say that doesn't take any balls. I said who I would have taken. I may have been right in some cases & wrong in other cases. But at least I said it at the time instead of waiting a year or however long later & chiming in on bad picks. For the record, it wasn't so much that I hated the picks (since no one knows what kind of pro a player is going to be with certainty); I just hated taking them in round 3 in a draft so deep.

Whatever.

I remind you of THAT?

Hey, I piss and moan a lot about players, coaches, whatever. But it isn't merely a "they were dumb" thing. When I rip the FO for not acquiring a NT, I put in actual names of players available; not just the "they should have gotten a NT" when the pickings were scarce.

Chiming in with "I told you they'd suck" without saying what you would have done instead is just infantile. Even people I've disagreed with on certain players (IrishJet/ecurb with Chad, Jetcane with Wilma, Bitonti with DRob) - at least those guys backed stuff up beyond the weak "they're good" line. They say WHY they think these players are good & what part of their games is good or improving or a way we could use them more effectively. Or regarding the coaching, 'cane & SFJ chime in how much he detests Mangini (like I did with Herm for years) & provide what they would have done differently. Even if I disagree with some of it, at least they write something beyond "he sucks/he's an idiot - fire him."

This post - and I'm not reading that whole boring thread - is just ridiculous. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining.

An example: I didn't really like their '06 draft in round 3 with Schlegel & Eric Smith. But to just say that doesn't take any balls. I said who I would have taken. I may have been right in some cases & wrong in other cases. But at least I said it at the time instead of waiting a year or however long later & chiming in on bad picks. For the record, it wasn't so much that I hated the picks (since no one knows what kind of pro a player is going to be with certainty); I just hated taking them in round 3 in a draft so deep.

Whatever.

lighten up Francis-I was busting chops

Congrats Spermaster!

Thanks, GB. i have stopped bleeding and removed the tampon I had in last week from seeing my boy Vilma go on the IR.

Everybody has those days, JC - even the ever jovial GreenBeans. :)

and beans...we need to vote you most valuable poster, the post of the week thing is really awsome. It's a tremendous read every week.

Thanks drago - I appreciate it!

Great post Sperm, congrats!

Great effort again Beans! :)

You 'da man, BP. ;)

Beans, it's always a job well done when one of my posts is selected.

A superb job as always.

Hey now, GB KNOWS talent. ;)

Beans, it's always a job well done when one of my posts is selected.

A superb job as always.

Congrats... your Spermness. Your eloquency is surpassed only by your humility.

You've been hitting this nail on the head for quite sometime.

I remind you of THAT?

Whatever.

Sperm,

You're unique, and you're one of a kind. your Herman Edwards bashing posts are legendary, as is your football knowledge and salary cap synopsis.

Ladies and Gentelman, the message board gods broke the mold after Sperm was created.

It's blasphemy to compare Sperm to YJF, Blasphemy damnit!

Sperm,

You're unique, and you're one of a kind. your Herman Edwards bashing posts are legendary, as is your football knowledge and salary cap synopsis.

Ladies and Gentelman, the message board gods broke the mold after Sperm was created.

It's blasphemy to compare Sperm to YJF, Blasphemy damnit!

xx

Archived