FIRE MANGINI

JETSFAN5180

What about starting Vilma over Harris... only to have Vilma get hurt and lose Massive amounts of trade value... ???

How about Kimo?

How about Barlow?

How about the Kendall thing?

How about benching your FB when you have no running game?

How about keeping Jmac and putting the ball in his hands (or not) ?

How about Ramsey?

How about the Dyson situation? (mangini was a DB coach... why cant he fix his play?)

Seems like Cedric Houston knew what was coming...

How about giving Bryan Thomas an extension only to see him once again become mediocore?

How about Kenyon COleman getting a contract too large?

How about this mess of an Oline and D line?

The only valid points you make in that post are the Bryan Thomas and Kendall arguments...

The rest are just pieces of BS you're tossing around and you know it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about starting Vilma over Harris... only to have Vilma get hurt and lose Massive amounts of trade value... ???

How about Kimo?

How about Barlow?

How about the Kendall thing?

How about benching your FB when you have no running game?

How about keeping Jmac and putting the ball in his hands (or not) ?

How about Ramsey?

How about the Dyson situation? (mangini was a DB coach... why cant he fix his play?)

Seems like Cedric Houston knew what was coming...

How about giving Bryan Thomas an extension only to see him once again become mediocore?

How about Kenyon COleman getting a contract too large?

How about this mess of an Oline and D line?

I'm going to wait and see what happens over the bye, that's when he changed a lot of things last year.

He should be saying jobs are on the line, especially the defense with the way they're playing. He also should be saying that losing is not acceptable.

But I'm going to wait and see, and give him some time.

They wouldnt take what they could get for the players... they wanted too much...

Coles can still contribute.,... but what good does it do? They will need a new #1 guys soon enough... better start looking for him now rather than keeping Coles here...

Really?

Funny, I didnt know you kept in touch with Mike T and Eric M.

As for Coles, they are going to get a new #1, in fact he's probably on the team already.

But for now, Coles is a very valuable player for us and keeping him around for another couple of years certainly won't hurt IMO.

Rebuilding is a process, processes take time.

Since when does a rebuilding team trade a 2nd round draft pick for a 29 year old mediocre RB? Since when does a rebuilding team start a washed up 30 something year old QB to 7 losses by the midway point of the season while sitting a 2nd round QB on the bench?

Where is Leon Washington and Brad Smith? Where are the Pro Bowlers? We took 2 O-linemen in the first round, including a #4 overall, you kinda expect that we could at least have a mediocre O-line in both pass and run blocking. Since we're using the 3-4, where's the NT? Why not take Ngata instead of Brick if you weren't going to address the position through FA?

Since when does a rebuilding team trade a 2nd round draft pick for a 29 year old mediocre RB? Since when does a rebuilding team start a washed up 30 something year old QB to 7 losses by the midway point of the season while sitting a 2nd round QB on the bench?

Where is Leon Washington and Brad Smith? Where are the Pro Bowlers? We took 2 O-linemen in the first round, including a #4 overall, you kinda expect that we could at least have a mediocre O-line in both pass and run blocking. Since we're using the 3-4, where's the NT? Why not take Ngata instead of Brick if you weren't going to address the position through FA?

First of all, what difference does it make if a rebuilding team waits till week 4 or week 8 to start their 2nd year QB?

If 8 games (really 9) isnt enough games to get KC adjusted, then we're in trouble.

2nd of all, we didnt even lose a 2nd rounder in the deal for TJ... And he has been the solid 15 carry per game back that we lacked a year ago.

Brad Smith got time at both the #1, 2, and 3 WR positions today and last week, and he has made some good strides with the exception of those 2 inexcusable drops.

Leon just isnt an every down back, hes a scat back and a good KR... Thats all.

Id say our OL has been mediocre this year, but those two 1st rd draft picks you mention are only in their 2nd year.

We will address NT once DRob's contract runs out (end of next season i believe).

POTW nom.

The only valid points you make in that post are the Bryan Thomas and Kendall arguments...

The rest are just pieces of BS you're tossing around and you know it.

I think your theory of rebuilding is closer to BS than this guys post.

They traded away draft picks for Barlow and Ramsey. You don't do that if you're rebuilding. I'll let the Ramsey trade slide, but what was the point if you cut him the next season anyway.

They brought in a 29 year old running back. They brought in a bunch of scrubs for the DL.

Rebuilding means going with youth and some vets. It doesn't mean cause you are losing it's called rebuilding. At this point the Jets aren't rebuilding, they just stink.

Like I said before, at this pace, they'd be good in 2022 but then all the existing players will be gone and they have to start over again.

You could say the Colts and Pats are rebuilding then. I mean they have quite a few young first and second year players contributing.

They traded away draft picks for Barlow and Ramsey. You don't do that if you're rebuilding. I'll let the Ramsey trade slide, but what was the point if you cut him the next season anyway.

They brought in a 29 year old running back. They brought in a bunch of scrubs for the DL.

Rebuilding means going with youth and some vets. It doesn't mean cause you are losing it's called rebuilding. At this point the Jets aren't rebuilding, they just stink.

Like I said before, at this pace, they'd be good in 2022 but then all the existing players will be gone and they have to start over again.

2022? Put down your Madden video game. Rebuilding in the real NFL takes longer than that. The Jets need to get positive, hard working locker room guys like Kimo, Kevan Barlow, Anthony Schlegel, and Kenyon Coleman.

You need to lay a solid foundation of "Mangini guys" who score high on their SAT's and wonderlic tests and walk old grannies across the street.

2022? Put down your Madden video game. Rebuilding in the real NFL takes longer than that. The Jets need to get positive, hard working locker room guys like Kimo, Kevan Barlow, Anthony Schlegel, and Kenyon Coleman.

You need to lay a solid foundation of "Mangini guys" who score high on their SAT's and wonderlic tests and walk old grannies across the street.

We are following the Niner, Bills and Dolphins model of rebuilding. Next year we will trade the Patriots our first round pick for some useless player. No wait, they're in our division and BB hates us, so we'll trade with the Colts or Bears or something.

You could say the Colts and Pats are rebuilding then. I mean they have quite a few young first and second year players contributing.

Oh right, because KC isnt playing now.

Like David Harris isnt starting

Like Revis is riding the pines

Like Mangold has yet to see the light of day

Like Smith is yet to be thrown a pass

Like Leon has been nonexistant the past two years

Right, I see where you're going with this.:rolleyes:

The 29 year old RB they've brought in really didnt do much until about 3 years ago...So theres not as much wear and tear as a normal 29 yr old back. Also, we didnt even lose a pick in rd 2 for him and hes been a solid contributer this year.

The 'scrub' KColeman Dlineman they brought in has been our best one this year...

Great post pj, great stuff. :rolleyes:

We are following the Niner, Bills and Dolphins model of rebuilding. Next year we will trade the Patriots our first round pick for some useless player. No wait, they're in our division and BB hates us, so we'll trade with the Colts or Bears or something.

No we aren't.

I understand its hard now, but rebuilding does take time, and even if it does take until 2022 (which I hop it wont and doubt it will) to win a SB...Then so be it.

Just as long as I'm alive to see it...

Archived