FIRE MANGINI

JETSFAN5180

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how come you didnt say fire mangini last year? oh because we are losing you are jumping off the bandwagon

lol that is stupid thinking I'm sorry. The league is littered with one year wonders in coaches and players. Of course you don't fire them when they are winning, you fire them when they lose and show they are overmatched out there. Didn't Saban have a great first season and was considered a genius? How did that work out?

o.k. then, I stepped into a pissing match. Um.... i'll just post on the topic you guys don't mind. I do think Mangini needs to re-evaluate his game planning. I would not fire him yet. He only has had one bad season, however if he continues with this play calling then it might be time for us to start looking again.

lol that is stupid thinking I'm sorry. The league is littered with one year wonders in coaches and players. Of course you don't fire them when they are winning, you fire them when they lose and show they are overmatched out there. Didn't Saban have a great first season and was considered a genius? How did that work out?

come on man, anytime a team loses its always "fire the coach.. swtich the qb" thats the problem with people.. no one has patience. took cower 10 years to win a superbowl. mangini in his second year as a HC is having a rough year. dont chop his head off already

o.k. then, I stepped into a pissing match. Um.... i'll just post on the topic you guys don't mind. I do think Mangini needs to re-evaluate his game planning. I would not fire him yet. He only has had one bad season, however if he continues with this play calling then it might be time for us to start looking again.

This offseason and the remaining games are going to be critical. I don't think there is a point to firing him at this very moment, but if we never win another game this season and the offense is conservative and KC shows no improvement whatsoever, Mangini is running a huge risk. I'd look at what they do this offseason, and if it's as bad as last offseason don't bother waiting another season, cut ties and get someone else in here before we become the absolute laughing stock of the league. Right now only maybe Miami is worse.

come on man, anytime a team loses its always "fire the coach.. swtich the qb" thats the problem with people.. no one has patience. took cower 10 years to win a superbowl. mangini in his second year as a HC is having a rough year. dont chop his head off already

Cowher never had a season this bad, and Cowher had a really good track record getting to AFC Championship games with home field advantage. He was like Dungy, just couldn't make that final step. That is a huge difference from having a 1-8 (with likely worse coming) season and a failure at pretty much every level. Herm was fired because people felt he had reached his potential and couldn't make the next step. Cowher and Dungy it was argued couldn't win the big one.

Mangini is in a different situation right now. He is failing miserably at even being respectable. He isn't a perennial coach of a winning team that just can't seem to win the Super Bowl.

Edit- Rather Herm left because he wanted to and we wanted him fired...

my biggest complaint with Mangini is him not getting the players to run the defense that he is implementing. I think he should of started Clemens in last weeks game. I don't know why he isn't playing Leon at rb that much. I think we need a DE, NT, LB, CB, RG, and another WR. They don't all have to be pro bowl level, but the guard and the de need to be.

Archived