Rumors

uart

From mlbtraderumors.com

According to Ken Davidoff of Newsday, the Yankees aren't likely to trade for Joe Crede. They're aiming for bigger fish like Mike Lowell, Adrian Beltre, Miguel Cabrera, and Scott Rolen. Garrett Atkins has been deemed unavailable. Additionally, Kenny Williams hopes to deal Crede relatively quickly and the Yankees are in no rush to fill their third base vacancy. Maybe the Phillies will jump into the fray for Crede.

Lowell at least won't involve giving up young talent. But there are some questions about how he'd hit away from Fenway. And we're talking four or even five years to lure him. Beltre would be a fine acquisition and is affordable, though I don't know why the Mariners would part with him. And the Ms would want at least one blue-chipper, I'd imagine. The Yanks would have to mortgage tons of young talent for Cabrera. Davidoff's dark horse, Rolen, suddenly makes the most sense. It would be a salary dump and a health risk, but 3/36 isn't that scary for the Yanks. And it's less than Lowell would sign for.

Davidoff has a tidbit at the end of his column, a one-liner, that the Yanks are likely to re-sign Mariano Rivera at three years, $40MM soon. I'm surprised Newsday didn't call more attention to that part.

Jorge Posada will receive a "monster offer" from the Mets. While the Mets can't move him to DH down the road, they can put him at first base. I've been saying 4/56, but 5/70 isn't out of the question apparently. Posada wants a four-year deal, and won't sign with the Yanks without fielding other offers first. Apparently the Marlins and Blue Jays are also in on him.

I hope they are wrong about the "monster " deal for Posada from the Mets. I hate Monster deals for older players.

I wouldn't mind. I think Posada is/was a bigger force leadership wise in the Yankee clubhouse than given credit for. I would like to see his veteran presence in Queens. With the new Stadium and the TV network the Mets can afford to overpay on a few contracts.

If not I hope we resign Castro.

I wouldn't mind. I think Posada is/was a bigger force leadership wise in the Yankee clubhouse than given credit for. I would like to see his veteran presence in Queens. With the new Stadium and the TV network the Mets can afford to overpay on a few contracts.

if that deal is true you'd be paying 14 million dollars for a 39 or 40 year old :eek:

I've read where, since LaDuca is a free agent , one of the Mets priorities is resigning Castro. I hope so.

Archived