Attn. Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the...

Jet/BosoxFan

Yankee Elimination Party! And its sure to be coming to a city near you. Usually, they make us wait until October to celebrate the yearly demise of the Bronx Bombers, but not this year. This year, theyre being overly generous and allowing Yankee Haters from all over North America to participate. And its not just Yankee Haters in Boston that are being afforded the luxury of dancing on the Yankee grave...Fans in KC, Tampa Bay, Milwaukee, and even in Flushing, Queens are partaking in the Summer of Misery Tour!

I never thought I'd live through such a wonderful era ever again. It REALLY doesnt get any better than this, people!

Feel free to use this thread and many others to wallow in the greatness that has been/will be the Yankee Summer Tour of Misery

Yankee Elimination Party! And its sure to be coming to a city near you. Usually, they make us wait until October to celebrate the yearly demise of the Bronx Bombers, but not this year. This year, theyre being overly generous and allowing Yankee Haters from all over North America to participate. And its not just Yankee Haters in Boston that are being afforded the luxury of dancing on the Yankee grave...Fans in KC, Tampa Bay, Milwaukee, and even in Flushing, Queens are partaking in the Summer of Misery Tour!

I never thought I'd live through such a wonderful era ever again. It REALLY doesnt get any better than this, people!

Feel free to use this thread and many others to wallow in the greatness that has been/will be the Yankee Summer Tour of Misery

Should we call it the Yankees Tragic Number?

(Correct me if I'm wrong...to find the magic number for a team's magic number to be eliminated from playoff contention...you take the number of games they've won (37) then add the number of games remaining on their schedule (88) and then subtract the number of games the 1st place team has won (43)

37 + 88 - 43 = 82

82 is the Yankees Tragic Number by my calculations

Should we call it the Yankees Tragic Number?

(Correct me if I'm wrong...to find the magic number for a team's magic number to be eliminated from playoff contention...you take the number of games they've won (37) then add the number of games remaining on their schedule (88) and then subtract the number of games the 1st place team has won (43)

37 + 88 - 43 = 82

82 is the Yankees Tragic Number by my calculations

The onyl place you'll be finding the Yankees celebrating a championship this year is maybe on your Playstation, but that's about it.

I'm not one to throw in the towel this early (unless of course it was the 03' tigers, in which case we threw in the towel after opening day), but with the lineup and pitching staff you guys have now, there is, and let me be blunt, not a chance in hell of winning a championship this year. It would take A LOT to transform this club back into what it was, and your not going to be able to do that in a span of 6 weeks.

The onyl place you'll be finding the Yankees celebrating a championship this year is maybe on your Playstation, but that's about it.

I'm not one to throw in the towel this early (unless of course it was the 03' tigers, in which case we threw in the towel after opening day), but with the lineup and pitching staff you guys have now, there is, and let me be blunt, not a chance in hell of winning a championship this year. It would take A LOT to transform this club back into what it was, and your not going to be able to do that in a span of 6 weeks.

Archived