This Happens to Every Young Quarterback

Barton

You are right. Most of those who are down on Clemens are Pennington supporters who can not give up the dream that turned into a night mare ! Pennington has been in the league 8 years....This is really Clemens first...he was not given a chance last year....Dallas was too good....Clemens never had the chance to slow the game down...it was on fast forward the whole game...we need to get him help in free agency and the draft...as soon as we can !

well I did not mean for this thing to post three times !

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what has me baffled is last week against the Steelers we actually tried some different plays and players-we used a lot of 4-3 we had David Bowens, CJ Mosely Mike DeVito and Ellis actually played LBer-on offense we tried out Will Mongomery who did real well-this week we went back to the same old same old-again JC-ONE SCREEN PASS in 2 weeks-why IS Bryan Thomas still playing over Bowens? Why hasn't Darien Barnes been activated since the Miami game? Why IS Anthony Clement still playing and Bender, like Barnes never actiavated?

I agree with Max-it's all about the OL...fix that and a lot of other problems don't seem so glaring...Anthony Clement is horrible so are Clarke and Moore

You raise good points, SFJ, and so did flgreen. Really good points, and another thing is that the team showed what it is capable of against Pitt, (even though it is obvious to me that Pitt took them lightly and paid for it).

But the fact that the CS has not been able to devise good plans and get them to play as they did against the steelers shows how inept the CS has been this year. And a lot of it may well be that they truly did lose a part of the locker room early in the season.

I'm just so annoyed with and down on this CS that i cant even sit down to compose my thoughts about all the f#ckups they set up for themselves this season.

You are right. Most of those who are down on Clemens are Pennington supporters who can not give up the dream that turned into a night mare ! Pennington has been in the league 8 years....This is really Clemens first...he was not given a chance last year....Dallas was too good....Clemens never had the chance to slow the game down...it was on fast forward the whole game...we need to get him help in free agency and the draft...as soon as we can !

That makes no sense to me why people would do that. As i always said, i support whoever is starting. When it was CP I backed him, and now that it is KC i am supporting him. I love how harris playing, and that is separate from my opinion on Vilma and what should happen to him. Why would i be down on Harris because Vilma had a bad season? Makes no sense to me.

it is way to early to form a rigid judgment about how good Clemens will be- its only four games, and the supporting cast hasnt exactly helped him out.

At least wait until the end of the season to judge his potential, and let's see how he does against some of the average defenses.

People are cussing Lil Schot for running the ball up the middle on first down every time. What is he supposed to do? Throw the ball upfield to take advantage of Clemens arm? How can he do that? The kid can't get protection on a 3rd and 3 without a DE hanging on him. If they throw on 1st and 10 and are in a 3rd and ten, it might as well be a 3rd and 40. He has no time to throw the ball. If Randy Moss was on this team his #'s would be the same as they were with the Raiders. If the QB only has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball, you can't throw upfield. When young QB's are hit play after play they do stupid things. That's what you saw yesterday.

Man you are dumb. For the umpteenth time, the options are screen passes, short timing based patterns on a 3-5 step drop, rolling out, running wide, bringing a fullback in to block, man that's already so many options do you need more? Hell it's not like we asked to use all of those, use any one of those at least sometime!

And I really don't understand your logic. You don't like 3rd and 10 but somehow you are happy with 3rd and 13? Because that is exactly what happened most of the time with our run up the gut. Occasionally we'd get a 3rd and 6 and we'd just throw a 4 yard pass there. Yeah that's real different than throwing 3 times. Throw twice for nothing instead of 3 for nothing. Atleast throwing 3 times on a series when you're down by 3 TDs looks like some semblance of logic.

Hell, since you're so scared of what MIGHT be a 3rd and 10, why not just punt on first down and save ourselves the trouble? That way just in case we screw up the snap we leave ourselves another 3 downs to get it right! Stop posting here Hermy. I had enough of your fear of the forward pass when you coached us, I don't need you telling me the problems with it after you leave and we manage to replace you with a clone. Someone give Big Schott another HC job already.

yea serphnx and ONE set-up screen pass today ONE! with the pass rush we were facing the last 2 weeks you'd think our genius OC and HC would realize the best way to neutralize a PR is with screens...basic football stuff they seem to have the hardest problems grasping

Well, to be fair, our screens never seem to work anyway :(

Archived