This Happens to Every Young Quarterback

Barton

I dont know why this needs to be said as it is football 101, but some people here lack common football sense.

All young QBs have terrible games. It is a LONG and SLOW PROCESS to be a QB in the NFL.

The good news is Clemens has showed alot of good things. He's also shown that, like every single other young QB in the history of the entire NFL, he shows some bad things.

For those of you out there who are calling him a bust - you're an idiot. Yes, you're an idiot. You dont judge any single player in 4 games, ESPECIALLY A YOUNG QUARTERBACK.

Go put on your pennington pajamas and have a cookie, you f'ing whiners.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know why this needs to be said as it is football 101, but some people here lack common football sense.

All young QBs have terrible games. It is a LONG and SLOW PROCESS to be a QB in the NFL.

The good news is Clemens has showed alot of good things. He's also shown that, like every single other young QB in the history of the entire NFL, he shows some bad things.

For those of you out there who are calling him a bust - you're an idiot. Yes, you're an idiot. You dont judge any single player in 4 games, ESPECIALLY A YOUNG QUARTERBACK.

If we had a real coach Clemens might have had a chance to save the season like Chad did in 02'... its ashame he didnt... and this year will not help him progress as a QB either... it may even hurt him... learning how to lose does nothing good...

KC didn't have a terrible game. He didn't have a good game, but people saying he's a bust are just idiots at this point. When Romo threw 5 or 6 picks against the Bills, now that's a terrible game. They got lucky to win, but that's besides the point.

KC has started 4 games.. We don't know if he's good or bad at this point. I am not so worried about KC as I am the OC and coaching staff. It seems the offense and coaching staff are clueless on how to score points. Or maybe they think it's golf and the lower your score, the better you should do.

I don't know, but in a game you're losing 21-3 at halftime, why you don't throw 30 times in the second half makes no sense. Especially against a team who isn't known for great safeties or mid to deep range pass protection. I don't know.

I think the coaching staff and GM are the largest worries right now and not KC.

No sh*t Sherlock, thanks for stating the obvious. Maybe you should have made this post Sunday night instead of spending it calling other Jets fans fools and idiots.

You're a spineless worm.

Barton the guy coiuldnt even complete a downfield pass today.

Why didnt he run he was succesful against Pittsburgh running.

He sucks and you are the IDIOT!

Listen, Douchey. Clemens is starting HIS 4TH GAME!!!! WTF can he do especially when the situation he's in is disastrous. Most play's he was running for his life and when he did have time the WR's couldn't get open. Did he make some bad plays??? Yes, but FFS it's his 4th start. Look at Manning, Brees, Aikman etc. they all struggled early on. It is a learning curve for him. All of this will help make him be a better QB next season.

The 2002 Jets arent the same team as the 2007 Jets, why the hell are you making that comparison? It makes zero sense.

I think Clemens could have pulled this team out of the gutter and into the playoffs if Mangini had a brain... thats why... I obviously have more faith in him than you do...

It is pointless anyways... Mangini/Shotty will hold him back...

I think Clemens could have pulled this team out of the gutter and into the playoffs if Mangini had a brain... thats why... I obviously have more faith in him than you do...

It is pointless anyways... Mangini/Shotty will hold him back...

There was zero chance of that happening. Zero.

What Chad did in 2002 was not the rule of 1st year starting QBs. It was the exception. Most 1st year starts have ups and downs.

And the 2002 team was very very talented at all phases of the ball; the 2007 Jets team is rebuilding towards the future of 2009 and beyond. You cannot compare the 2 teams.

There was zero chance of that happening. Zero.

What Chad did in 2002 was not the rule of 1st year starting QBs. It was the exception. Most 1st year starts have ups and downs.

And the 2002 team was very very talented all all phases of the ball, the 2007 Jets team is rebuilding towards the future of 2009 and beyond.

Its only going to take 9-10 wins to get into the playoffs in the AFC... the JETS would have been able to do that if Mangini pulled the plug sooner... Now the team is in a downward spiral.. veterans wil leave... no FA's will come... and Clemens will get used to losing... nothing good is coming of this season...

No sh*t Sherlock, thanks for stating the obvious. Maybe you should have made this post Sunday night instead of spending it calling other Jets fans fools and idiots.

You're a spineless worm.

Actually last sunday night I specifically said that even after the W, that it is too early to proclaim Clemens the next big thing - BUT LETS NOT GET ANY FACTS IN YOUR ARGUEMENT. I told you last week in that thread that Clemens will have his struggles - ALL YOUNG QBS DO.

And I am stating the obvious. But some people here dont even understand the obvious - YOU DONT JUDGE A YOUNG QB 4 STARTS INTO HIS CAREER, whether it is crowning him or calling him a bust. You do not judge him 4 starts into his career, bottom line.

Its only going to take 9-10 wins to get into the playoffs in the AFC... the JETS would have been able to do that if Mangini pulled the plug sooner... Now the team is in a downward spiral.. veterans wil leave... no FA's will come... and Clemens will get used to losing... nothing good is coming of this season...

What makes you believe that? Clemens isnt playing at an elite level, so again you make no sense at all.

You dont think Clemens could have pulled off what Chad did in 02' if Mangini had a set of nuts?

Chad pulled tht off for one reason and one reason alone. On top of that, it's also the main reason why his performance continually got worse and orse over the years.

Chad had a magical 2002 season for the sole reason that he followed a QB that was the polar opposite of his style of play. Vinny was a downfield QB, and everything the Jet did was downfield. That's what our opponents had to look for. Chad came in and took everything underneath that was left open due to the D still gameplanning

a Jets team that played with Vinny at the helm. Once they figured out that Chad was never going deep, Chad was never "magical" again. There was no magic, just common sense.

Chad pulled tht off for one reason and one reason alone. On top of that, it's also the main reason why his performance continually got worse and orse over the years.

Chad had a magical 2002 season for the sole reason that he followed a QB that was the polar opposite of his style of play. Vinny was a downfield QB, and everything the Jet did was downfield. That's what our opponents had to look for. Chad came in and took everything underneath that was left open due to the D still gameplanning

a Jets team that played with Vinny at the helm. Once they figured out that Chad was never going deep, Chad was never "magical" again. There was no magic, just common sense.

You do realize that Clemens is a downfield QB right... so by your logic Clemens should be having a magical season and then will never have one again...

Actually last sunday night I specifically said that even after the W, that it is too early to proclaim Clemens the next big thing - BUT LETS NOT GET ANY FACTS IN YOUR ARGUEMENT. I told you last week in that thread that Clemens will have his struggles - ALL YOUNG QBS DO.

And I am stating the obvious. But some people here dont even understand the obvious - YOU DONT JUDGE A YOUNG QB 4 STARTS INTO HIS CAREER, whether it is crowning him or calling him a bust. You do not judge him 4 starts into his career, bottom line.

I'm not judging Clemens, I'm judging you.

For a guy calling people 'idiots' you have piss poor reading comprehension skills. By the way, I'm behind Clemens, in spite of worms like you.

When he gets a few more games experience and some half decent help around him then we make judgements.

I wish I believed that, but right now, I'm not so sure this regime has a clue how to bring in good talent. Or maybe they just don't want to spend the money. Maybe a bad year is a good smack in the mouth. Maybe Tanni and Mangini and Schotty Jr got too arrogant after last season.. I hope that's the case because what I'm seeing this year is worse than the 2005 team..

At least the excuse for 2005 was that team had coach Herm who was quitting and half that team was hurt. There are no excuses for the 2007 Jets to finish 3-13.

For a guy calling people 'idiots' you have piss poor reading comprehension skills. By the way, I'm behind Clemens, in spite of worms like you.

I think it's harsh calling him a 'spineles worm'. He's just an extremist. Believe me, I feel like calling a lot of people idiots on this topic too.

Some people are idiots. And I'm not calling them idiots in real life, just about football. Some people dont know what the f##k they are taling about on this forum and I have no problem calling them out on it.

People around here need to STFU!!

I'm sorry but I'm letting this out. Why the hell does everyone whine, and not only after a loss, after a rare win like last week.

Our QB is Clemens, and that's where it ends. If you think you can do better, why don't you go on the field and try being a professional QB and play against a GREAT defense. This is his 4th game starting, what the **** do you expect ?

Man the **** up, and watch football. No more excuses please.

The problem that alot of people have here is they want/love to rush to judgement, claiming that before Clemens ever played that he sucked, then claiming he's the best QB from the 06 draft class after a couple games, then claiming he sucks again after another few games etc etc etc.

Try to be level headed. And stop trying to sound smart by rushing to judgement, you tools.

When you get something to call me out on.Im there until then Clemens SUCKS!

LOL, I just went back and checked what you were posting after the Baltimore game. Basically the exact same ****e!!!!

You obviously have an agenda against the kid, you killed him after one start, a start where he nearly led his team to victory only for J-Mac (Who you defended after the game). You need to STFU and stop embarrasing yourself.

I think it's harsh calling him a 'spineles worm'. He's just an extremist. Believe me, I feel like calling a lot of people idiots on this topic too.

Best way I can describe it, I defended Pennington because of classless pieces of sh*t like him; I'm behind Clemens in spite of classless pieces of shi*t like him.

There's just too many jerkoffs on this board, and I made up my mind a while ago I'm not taking any more sh*t from anyone, especially brats who live with their parents.

LOL, I just went back and checked what you were posting after the Baltimore game. Basically the exact same ****e!!!!

You obviously have an agenda against the kid, you killed him after one start, a start where he nearly led his team to victory only for J-Mac (Who you defended after the game). You need to STFU and stop embarrasing yourself.

Not just him, people on this board make me sick.

People around here need to STFU!!

I'm sorry but I'm letting this out. Why the hell does everyone whine, and not only after a loss, after a rare win like last week.

Our QB is Clemens, and that's where it ends. If you think you can do better, why don't you go on the field and try being a professional QB and play against a GREAT defense. This is his 4th game starting, what the **** do you expect ?

Man the **** up, and watch football. No more excuses please.

POTW

Jests fans whine like they haven't gotten laid in 2 years!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?????????????????

The problem that alot of people have here is they want/love to rush to judgement, claiming that before Clemens ever played that he sucked, then claiming he's the best QB from the 06 draft class after a couple games, then claiming he sucks again after another few games etc etc etc.

Try to be level headed. And stop trying to sound smart by rushing to judgement, you tools.

Barton do me a favor will ya? Please stop calling people stupid and idiots and tools-it's getting old-do it for the sake of the board-it's bad enough we have to suffer through this horrible and maybe worst ever Jets season without us getting on each other's nerves and insulting each others intelligence-please

Archived