Sorry...but I've got to say it

K2C

I never said that a QB with a strong arm would soley make the Oline perform better. What I said was a great QB would make the Oline look better, and that is true. The colts and pats oline are nothing special w/o Manning and Brady back there.

Hey I stopped reading after a few words. Someone let me know if Barton made it to the other side of the shark tank in one piece!

:-s

It is true.

Both are solid lines, but Manning and Brady make those lines look far better than they actually are because of their pocket awareness, ability to step up or slide in the pocket, ability to throw the ball downfield with success and their quick releases.

Stick Alex Smith or JP Losman behind those Olines and see what happens.

:-s

The Colts and Pats replace OL every year, and it seems they have a clue how to do it and not lose a step..

And the past few weeks, the Colts have had what, 3 or 4 new OL starting due to injuries.. It has not been that impressive at all and yet the Colts almost beat NE, they should have beat the Chargers...

Winning teams find ways to win. Losing teams find more excuses.

Nobody in their right mind would claim the Colts OL the past month has been good.

It is true.

Both are solid lines, but Manning and Brady make those lines look far better than they actually are because of their pocket awareness, ability to step up or slide in the pocket, ability to throw the ball downfield with success and their quick releases.

Stick Alex Smith or JP Losman behind those Olines and see what happens.

:confused0085:

How about Ryan Leaf? Him too?

this post is the height in hypocrisy.

C'mon dude, the oline has been garbage all year. There is no way they are getting worse then they were earlier in the season, and this jets team always plays down to the worse teams, everone who owns a jets jersey knows that.

I've tried talking to him, but it's no use. I'll let you handle the JN low hanging fruit from here on out.

ahem ahem ahem, [dislocating shoulder patting myself on the back].

Hey dude, that is big of you, kudos.

And yeah, man that million bucks has cost every one of us on this board a lot of grief and misery, and maybe caused a few guys on the team their job going forward, stupid move at the time, really really really effing dumb move in hindsight.

Take a bow, touche, all that. You, Faba, 4H....

Mangini f*#@ed that up big time.

Yes, but Chad never looked to go downfield as often as Kellen does. So he didnt stay in the pocket and take as many shots because all he did was throw the 2 yard pass. Not to mention, the Oline was performing better when Chad was back there because the defenses they were facing when he was still QB were in the bottom tier in the league:

Chad this season was playing against garbage defenses like the bengals, eagles, dolphins, bills 2x. Kellen has had to go up against the skins blitz attack, the steelers #1 defense, and the cowboys good defense at home. Chad didnt face any great defenses this season outside of week 1.

The Oline had a rough game in pass pro thursday. They should be able to bounce back and be solid like they were for most of this season and last.

The Cowboys are weak against the pass, they are really good against the run (hence why our gameplan was so dumb).

Schlobel disagrees with you, and I'm sure Brick will back Schlobel up on that too. The Steelers are all around really good, but still the Cardinals found a way to score, as did the Brownies. The Bengals and Bills are overall softer than the Steelers and Cowboys I agree, however, the difference shouldn't be this great. Also who's brilliant idea was it to wait until 3 minutes to go against the Redskins to bring Clemens in? That's right, it was Mangini and Schott who you insist on defending.

Next week is the fins, with 10 days to prepare. I guarantee you with our crappy gameplan on offense they will stuff us all game long. Schott better open the playbook up and everyone better step up, because otherwise this is a sure loss coming up.

This CS has had 2 years to address the O-line. Their solution was a first round LT and a first round C, which is a good start, and then garbage dump for the other 3 positions...which is complete idiocy. 2 players do not make an O-line. This is OBVIOUS stuff that the CS insists on ignoring! How was this not addressed in the offseason? I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure you agreed with me in the offseason that this O-line would be a problem and we'd be a bad team this year. So why is it now a free pass? Just because Kellen is starting?

I'm telling you that the quality of opposition will not change what Schott is doing and the problems we have. Every NFL defense can give our O problems. Chad was just masking Schott's incompetence and became a scapegoat for it. Do you truly believe Chad can't throw a 40 yard rainbow? He's thrown many of them throughout his career, he's one of the highest rated QBs in 40+ yard passes in his career isn't he? If he's not taking those shots at all it's on the OC and O-line. I wanted Chad gone too but you are extremely unfair in the division of blame. Chad was not entirely to fault! Hell, I don't even know if he should have taken most of the blame! Schott, if you know NFL offenses at all, is putting out a terrible gameplan week in and week out. I can not just ignore that.

KC should have started a long time ago, but for me it wasn't because Chad had a weak arm or was throwing a ton of picks at times. It was more because they seemed to be building a team that did not cater to Chad's strengths. And since that's the case, might as well see what KC can or can not do.

But I thought they'd do something different. What is the point in starting KC if you call the same plays as when Chad was starting. And this nonesense about the schedule is just that, nonesense.

Except for the Patriots, not one team is unbeatable. The Colts struggle, the Cowboys defense has struggled, the Steelers have struggled, the Jags struggle, the Packers struggle, the list goes on.

Before injuries, it was basically the Patriots and Colts and everybody else. Right now it's the Patriots and everybody else.

When you lose 34-3 these days, it means you have bad coaching and a bad GM. The NFL isn't a league of blow outs anymore. It's a league of avg and below avg teams. So when a team goes 2-9, it's a bad sign in a league that's built for most teams to go 8-8.

Archived