Eli Manning Sucks!

Ghost

Of course Gainzo is a good guy, but he's also been known to occasionally suffer delusions. He mixes being a good sport with disbelief that his team came out on the losing end, so he blames Eli that Samuel didn't make good on what should have been an INT. Damn it, Eli, why didn't you aim it better? Or walk over and hand it to him? C'mon, you're good at that! That's good work, right there. :P

EDIT:

http://dogfeathers.com/java/spirals.html

I never said Eli sucks. I said I'm not sold on him yet as his body of work is average to say the least.

That opinion has nothing to do with me being a Pats fan.

BTW: Thanks shutout.

I kinda agree with Gainzo on this one. I'm not really sold on Eli as a great QB just yet.

When I think of the Colts I just know that they are going to be at least a 10 win team for years to come and every year be right there in the race for the SB.

When I think of the Giants I think that they can easily be one of the teams that goes from superbowl to missing the playoffs. They got hot at the right time and the Deffense played out of their minds.

I kinda agree with Gainzo on this one. I'm not really sold on Eli as a great QB just yet.

When I think of the Colts I just know that they are going to be at least a 10 win team for years to come and every year be right there in the race for the SB.

When I think of the Giants I think that they can easily be one of the teams that goes from superbowl to missing the playoffs. They got hot at the right time and the Deffense played out of their minds.

If you look at the stats http://www.nfl.com/players/elimanning/profile?id=MAN473170 Eli hasn't improved as a QB over the last 3 seasons.

Eli had a great run in 4 playoff games. Those 4 games didn't sell me on his ability to be a top tier QB.

Of course I am! Eli is what he is. He had a good 4 game run and now some people think he's a great QB. It's all good :)

I know

Right now he's nothing more then the new Trent Dilfer. Thats not to say he won't carry it over to next year and become great...just right now i'm not sold yet.

I know

Right now he's nothing more then the new Trent Dilfer. Thats not to say he won't carry it over to next year and become great...just right now i'm not sold yet.

the new trent dilfer???

where's dilfer's superbowl MVP?? dilfer was on the favorite too, Eli was the underdog.

Good for him. How about the other 50+ games he has played?

how did Troy Aikmen's career start?? 1-11 I believe.

look at it like this

quarterback A plays in the NFC East and 19-7 in the regular season, 0-2 in the playoffs.

quarterback B plays in the same NFC east, and is 30-25 in the regular season and 4-2 in the playoffs with a superbowl ring

who is the better QB?

Troy Aikman is in the HOF. Eli Manning is in the Hall of Average.

and what i'm saying is that if people gave up on someone after such a short sample, they would've gave up on Troy Aikmen.

Calling Eli average isn't going to get the Patriots superbowl back.

I never said Eli sucks. I said I'm not sold on him yet as his body of work is average to say the least.

That opinion has nothing to do with me being a Pats fan.

BTW: Thanks shutout.

That's where we differ. Because I did say he sucked. Hundreds of times. And I enjoyed it tremendously while I was saying it. And I won't be sad if I get to say it again - if he earns it again. What I'm saying in HERE was that if he could pick a time to be on his game, he certainly picked right.

Time will tell. Either the latter end of this season was a career changer and he'll turn into something truly special or he'll return to being mediocre but will always be remembered for slaying Goliath with a sling shot - which he'll be remembered for either way. I can't say I hated his guts on February 3rd, 2008 @ 10:06 p.m., because I'd be lying. And that has everything to do with me NOT being a Patriots fan.

That's where we differ. Because I did say he sucked. Hundreds of times. And I enjoyed it tremendously while I was saying it. And I won't be sad if I get to say it again - if he earns it again. What I'm saying in HERE was that if he could pick a time to be on his game, he certainly picked right.

Time will tell. Either the latter end of this season was a career changer and he'll turn into something truly special or he'll return to being mediocre but will always be remembered for slaying Goliath with a sling shot - which he'll be remembered for either way. I can't say I hated his guts on February 3rd, 2008 @ 10:06 p.m., because I'd be lying. And that has everything to do with me NOT being a Patriots fan.

He didn't slay the Pats. The Giants Dline did that.

Here is my question for you: Is Eli a good QB?

All things being equal, if he was not the top pick in the draft and a Manning would he be labeled as being mediocre? Considering how some Top pick QBs turned out, he is not the worst QB in the league.

The question is, how many QBs would you take before him? 5? 10?

He didn't slay the Pats. The Giants Dline did that.

Here is my question for you: Is Eli a good QB?

The Giants defense was tremendous, but it wasn't like Eli handed off on every play in the last 2:45. You can't take that game winning drive away from him is what it comes down to, no matter who and how much everyone else contributed. All told, Eli didn't have an incredibly great game, but he made it work when it counted to make SB 42 one of the most thrilling I can remember. 17-14 in favor of not your team. Again, I hate the Giants, and I'm manning up (no pun intended) by giving him credit in this game where credit is due (which as I said, makes me want to barf, but it's only fair). And I think I already answered your question before this.

The Giants defense was tremendous, but it wasn't like Eli handed off on every play in the last 2:45. You can't take that game winning drive away from him is what it comes down to, no matter who and how much everyone else contributed. All told, Eli didn't have an incredibly great game, but he made it work when it counted to make SB 42 one of the most thrilling I can remember. 17-14 in favor of not your team. Again, I hate the Giants, and I'm manning up (no pun intended) by giving him credit in this game where credit is due (which as I said, makes me want to barf, but it's only fair). And I think I already answered your question before this.

Seriously, Eli looked his worse on that drive. His one pick upto that point was the recievers fault. I do nopt remember too many if any picks that came close to Patriots hands.

On that last drive, he had his trademark happy feet and had a few passes that were lucky to come back.

Seriously, Eli looked his worse on that drive. His one pick upto that point was the recievers fault. I do nopt remember too many if any picks that came close to Patriots hands.

On that last drive, he had his trademark happy feet and had a few passes that were lucky to come back.

Eli drove his team down for the game winning score what more could you ask?

All things being equal, if he was not the top pick in the draft and a Manning would he be labeled as being mediocre? Considering how some Top pick QBs turned out, he is not the worst QB in the league.

The question is, how many QBs would you take before him? 5? 10?

Having to live up to that sort of pressure under the New York microscope on top of it wasn't winning Eli any sympathy points with Giants fans. Anything short of spectacular under the circumstances of which he was drafted would have been considered a horrid failure if the the Giants didn't eventually do...Well, what they just did. And soon.

All told, Eli wasn't delivering, and yes, he was mediocre when weighed on the scale of the above. If Peyton hadn't stayed in school and went to the Jets, who is to say that his career would have panned out the way it did? Which is why his father counseled him to to stay in school (yay, us! - :bag:). Archie Manning had visions of Peyton getting ruined in NY and had flashbacks of his own career with New Orleans. I assume he thought the Giants were a better fit when it came to Eli for a variety of reasons, and none of them reflect highly on the Jets. Or on the Mannings - according to many Jets fans.

If the Giants went one and out this year, Giants fans would probably would have burned Eli jerseys in effigy. The word 'bust' was being thrown around one...helluva...lot. Any Giants fan worth their salt is not going to sit there and deny that, and any Giants fan that says 'they just knew Eli had it in him' is just as full of it. Fact remains, Eli had in it in him that day. I reckon that's good enough for quite a few people.

Archived