Santana speaks (sort of) and Twins are mad about Hanky-Panky.

Lil Bit Special

JMO and I'm not going to pretend to know all the rules on this situation but...

I know that teams CAN NOT comment on players who are under contract with another team and any desire to have that player on their team

BUT......

If a team makes a trade offer to a team then I don't see how there can be an issue with making that public. To me "tampering" implies some behind the scenes rule breaking but if a team is 100% aware of another teams interest and an actual offer has been made, what's the harm in letting the fans know? Not saying it's a smart move by Hank, but how can it be "tampering" if it's an actual offer that was made?

I would think that if Hank was in the wrong here, it would be a BLATANT rule violation and MLB would step in IMMEDIATELY. If they hesitated for even a second, Roger Goodell show up and suspend the Yankees FO for 50 games or so.

If the Twins are in trade talks with the Yanks and Boston, how the hell can they claim tampering?

Hank's still a tool, though, even though he's right this time. **** or get off the pot, Twinkies. :D

If Steinbrenner's comment somehow hurts their ability to complete a trade then they will claim tampering. Who knows what can happen. But it is against baseball rules to talk to or comment about another teams players. He is the owner. He should know the rules.

But, its not like this type of sh!t doesnt happen all the time. both the GM for the Giants and the owner of the Angels have made "tampering" type of comments this offseason and it has barely been talked about. But when it comes to the Yankees its a world story.

Hank: shut yer mouth. Every time you open your mouth you provide more evidence that you're an idiot baseball person who shouldnt be running this club.

Archived