Looking for Research Help - Drunk Fans

lgaffney

I am writing to you all because I am in need of some help for a research project I am working on. I am writing to see if any of you know any Jets or Giants season ticket holders that no longer go to NFL games because of the drunkenness among fans sitting around them, during tailgates, after games, etc.... I am looking for a dad or someone like that

I am writing to you all because I am in need of some help for a research project I am working on. I am writing to see if any of you know any Jets or Giants season ticket holders that no longer go to NFL games because of the drunkenness among fans sitting around them, during tailgates, after games, etc.... I am looking for a dad or someone like that

yeah who wouldn't want to bring their grandkids to the swamp for a friendly tailgate?

i don't think you can attribute people not going to Meadowlands to any 1 factor. it's a bad team in an inconvenient stadium under construction, that's probably a larger problem than fan behavior.

if the team was playoff bound obnoxious behavior would be worth dealing with... but at 3 wins and -whatever losses not so much.

i will add that as it gets colder and the team is out of contention, tickets get given away and the behavior gets worse. odd numbered years are bad mojo since Joe Willie, maybe this year it's a Chad fan doing the stabbing?

good parenting overcomes drunken idiots at a sporting event (or in my familys case, holidays)

Sure it can be annoying, but its not like women are being raped and people are being shot and stabbed (well, except for one incident in the bathroom a few years ago)

If you are worried your kids are going to hear bad words or see people acting like ass-holes you shouldnt allow them to watch tv or listen to music or ever leave the house.

Again. Good parenting overcomes all of societies ills. Ignoring and avoiding doesnt teach them the right way to act.

The only negative experience that I would have experienced with a drunk fan is a guy during th 2001 Wild Card game against the Colts where he fell from 6 rows behind me and landed on me. He broke his nose and busted up his face...and I landed on the guy in front of me and left with some blood on my Pennington Jersey.

Otherwise I've only had good times drinking at games. ;)

I've been to about 200 Jets games in my life. I started going with my father when I was young, and to this day I still attend every game with him and I now have indoctrinated my son and daughter. They don't yet go to every game but the time will come when they are ready. As someone mentioned earlier, there are idiots everywhere you go, you have to teach your children morals and values and teach them how to live together with mankind in this world. I've seen just about everything at Jets games; fights, drunks, drugs, stupidity, lewd behavior (even sex in a porta-john if you can believe that). None of that has ever made me decide to stop doing something that I love; family, friends, BBQ, brews and a football game on a Sunday afternoon....

Archived