You dont approach a game differently just because you are out of the playoff picture

nico002

I keep hearing how Mangini should have gone for it on 4th down because we are out of playoff contention. How if we actually had a shot at the post season, playing it safer would be more acceptable.

This is total bullcrap.

You always approach the game the same way. You have to be consistent in your execution, and your approach. Why? Because no matter what your record is, your goal is always the same, to WIN THE GAME.

I keep hearing how Mangini should have gone for it on 4th down because we are out of playoff contention. How if we actually had a shot at the post season, playing it safer would be more acceptable.

This is total bullcrap.

You always approach the game the same way. You have to be consistent in your execution, and your approach. Why? Because no matter what your record is, your goal is always the same, to WIN THE GAME.

:yawn:

This is total bullcrap.

Well look at it this way: doing things with the consistent approach gave you consistent losses, and that's why you're already out of the playoff picture. So playing to win the game means you go do something different, because obviously what you usually do clearly isn't the way to win.

Well look at it this way: doing things with the consistent approach gave you consistent losses, and that's why you're already out of the playoff picture. So playing to win the game means you go do something different, because obviously what you usually do clearly isn't the way to win.

I have no problem with the fact that you disagree with the game plan.

My post was directed at those saying that Mangini should stop being a ****usy because we are out of it. In other words, if we were still in it, it would be OK to play it safe.

This is total bullcrap.

I believe in that philosophy. I really do. I think Mangini knows what it takes to be successful in philosophy, but doesnt know how to execute it in gameplans and personnel.

I kept saying last night that you dont treat the game any differently if you're 3-9 or 9-3. you prepare and play the same way. I still believe that, but Mangini has yet to find how to turn his knowledge into success. And that is scaring me.

We should be much better than 3-10. Much. Our playcalling should be much better. Our execution should be much better. And it isnt. And we're pissed.

This is total bullcrap.

you can't be serious, teams that are out of the playoffs are dangerous because they can let in all hang out...

EM was a ***** yesterday on 4th and a foot!!! and a bigger ***** for not going for a 4th and 10

When you have 3 wins at this point in the season you should ABSOLUTELY change your approach.

4th and 10 go for it. Go for the win right then and there. The defense gave up a touchdown after that. That is why you change your approach. Because the team stinks. Conventional thinking got you 3 wins. Time to pull a Billy Martin and shake things up. :xmas:

When you have 3 wins at this point in the season you should ABSOLUTELY change your approach.

4th and 10 go for it. Go for the win right then and there. The defense gave up a touchdown after that. That is why you change your approach. Because the team stinks. Conventional thinking got you 3 wins. Time to pull a Billy Martin and shake things up. :xmas:

potw nom. has this guy even watched a full season of football?? :confused:

We are rebuilding.

Many of our players suck and wont be here next year.

However, we have a tainted core of young players, you have to remain consistent. Prepare the team, for when they are better.

hell no. try new ****. get some experience for your younger guys. try some innovative stuff. once the season is lost approach the remaining games as prep for next year. see what new stuff works.

Archived