Randy Moss...

TaborJet

Yes, but they will compensate for that.

It is not like they will just ignore the weather.

They do lose some aspects of their execution, but weather affects both sides and they know what they lose and gain from the weather factor.

It is called adjustments.

Obviously you haven't played a lot of games yourself in the snow and ice or heavy rain. EX : The Miami / Pittsburgh 3-0 game that Drago so correctly sited.

Obviously you haven't played a lot of games yourself in the snow and ice or heavy rain. EX : The Miami / Pittsburgh 3-0 game that Drago so correctly sited.

Obviously, you have not either.

Rain is one thing.

Snow is entirely different.

Remember Brady attempting 50+ passes for over 300 yards in the snow?

I am not saying weather will not hinder both teams, but it is not like it will totally shut it down.

Originally Posted by PFSIKH viewpost.gif

Yes, but they will compensate for that.

It is not like they will just ignore the weather.

They do lose some aspects of their execution, but weather affects both sides and they know what they lose and gain from the weather factor.

It is called adjustments.

Adjustments? What are those? As a Jets fan I can't say that I remember seeing anything called an adjustment in many, many years. So long ago, in fact, I seem to have forgotten exactly what the word means.

Merry Christmas and thank you SIKH - I hope you are well!

I'm no NFL QB, but I've played QB in terrible weather. Basically the real difference is the grip on the ball. My hands are a bit smallish so I use a tight grip, and that's how I get velocity and a spiral on my throws. When it's really wet I don't really grip it, I don't really even really throw it, it's more of kinda like pushing it to where you want it. It also makes the throw take a lot longer, because you really can't **** it as quickly because it could go flying out of your hand. Also pump faking is really tough to do, so you can't really move a safety over with it, so that takes another option away.

It's kind of hard to get a run game going sometimes in bad weather. The O-line doesn't have any traction so it's nearly impossible for them to get a push, and a back can't cut as well. So I don't think necessarily that just running heavily is guaranteed to work well. I'd say you'll probably want to try out some shorter routes you usually wouldn't try, because defenders will have a lot of trouble closing in and making plays. The advantage on offense is you know where you want to go, they don't. Throw a bunch of slants and stop and go routes, that stop is like a deep cut in terrible weather and you can complete passes on that. Eventually someone will fall down on coverage and you get your big play there, the primary concern is to just not blow the opportunity when you get the chance.

That's how I see it anyway. I have no faith in Schottgini though, so we'll see what happens. I expect a lot of run up the gut on 1st and 2nd down, then an 8 yard pass on 3rd and 10 or an incompletion.

Adjustments? What are those? As a Jets fan I can't say that I remember seeing anything called an adjustment in many, many years. So long ago, in fact, I seem to have forgotten exactly what the word means.

Merry Christmas and thank you SIKH - I hope you are well!

Touche!

;)

And a Merry one to you as well!!!

Why drop back?

If the weather is that bad, goto the shotgun and spread the Jets out. You can have Maroney in the backfield and 4 wideouts. Can still run and disect the D.

Hmm, I was considering that too especially since the Pats play out of the gun more often than not. I just hope Brady struggles with the throwing conditions, that's my main hope. A few balls slipping out of his hand right into the chest of Kerry Rhodes, wouldn't that be a pretty site???:lol:

Hmm, I was considering that too especially since the Pats play out of the gun more often than not. I just hope Brady struggles with the throwing conditions, that's my main hope. A few balls slipping out of his hand right into the chest of Kerry Rhodes, wouldn't that be a pretty site???:lol:

No. :)

It will be a detriment if it happens for all the reasons listed, but I am not of the party that believes we are going to see a 6-3 game.

I'm no NFL QB, but I've played QB in terrible weather. Basically the real difference is the grip on the ball. My hands are a bit smallish so I use a tight grip, and that's how I get velocity and a spiral on my throws. When it's really wet I don't really grip it, I don't really even really throw it, it's more of kinda like pushing it to where you want it. It also makes the throw take a lot longer, because you really can't **** it as quickly because it could go flying out of your hand. Also pump faking is really tough to do, so you can't really move a safety over with it, so that takes another option away.

It's kind of hard to get a run game going sometimes in bad weather. The O-line doesn't have any traction so it's nearly impossible for them to get a push, and a back can't cut as well. So I don't think necessarily that just running heavily is guaranteed to work well. I'd say you'll probably want to try out some shorter routes you usually wouldn't try, because defenders will have a lot of trouble closing in and making plays. The advantage on offense is you know where you want to go, they don't. Throw a bunch of slants and stop and go routes, that stop is like a deep cut in terrible weather and you can complete passes on that. Eventually someone will fall down on coverage and you get your big play there, the primary concern is to just not blow the opportunity when you get the chance.

That's how I see it anyway. I have no faith in Schottgini though, so we'll see what happens. I expect a lot of run up the gut on 1st and 2nd down, then an 8 yard pass on 3rd and 10 or an incompletion.

Thank you. You've played in it too, as have I. We know.

Obviously, you have not either.

Rain is one thing.

Snow is entirely different.

Remember Brady attempting 50+ passes for over 300 yards in the snow?

I am not saying weather will not hinder both teams, but it is not like it will totally shut it down.

Wrong !! And who said totally shutting it down? It WILL effect it in a negative manner.

Thank you. You've played in it too, as have I. We know.

We know? :rolleyes:

Did you read his post?

He showed how you can be effective.

I'd say you'll probably want to try out some shorter routes you usually wouldn't try, because defenders will have a lot of trouble closing in and making plays. The advantage on offense is you know where you want to go, they don't. Throw a bunch of slants and stop and go routes, that stop is like a deep cut in terrible weather and you can complete passes on that.

Funny how when you pick and choose you can see what you only want to.

Again, it will be harder, but not impossible. Brady was like 25 of 35 against the Raiders in the Tuck game. What he did serp explained to a T. You are dinking and dunking.

Super, NJ is ranked 30th vs the run.

if you are trying to point out the jet discrepencies, there is really no point. Our offense sucks, our defense sucks.

Now, please continue stroking yourself to a picture of wilfork rubbing off brady.

Archived