Drumroll please!!

Barton

glad to see you posted that EB...I was actually loggin on to post it for you to read since you started a thread on it a few weeks ago...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Hair band that faded away. Eventually, the crazy lead singer went even more batty. The other members formed Velvet Revolver.

Also short for guns and roses.

Dude. Hair band? please, their not really that pop rock fun and makeup like Poison, thats a hair band. GnR didn't wear any makeup or fancy wigs, lol. I dunno, it just pisses me off when people say GnR is/was a hair band. EB50 DON'T LISTEN TO HAIR BANDS!!! :lol:

glad to see you posted that EB...I was actually loggin on to post it for you to read since you started a thread on it a few weeks ago...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah. I don't wanna get my hopes up or nothing, but I hope its a good collection of songs. God knows they've been working on it for nearly 10 frickin years. :shock:

Did they replace buckethead?? Have you seen his website? Its pretty funny if you read his bio.

Dude. Hair band? please, their not really that pop rock fun and makeup like Poison, thats a hair band. GnR didn't wear any makeup or fancy wigs, lol. I dunno, it just pisses me off when people say GnR is/was a hair band. EB50 DON'T LISTEN TO HAIR BANDS!!! :lol:

Well, guess what? You do! G'n'R started off as a hair band! Are you even old enough to remember when Guns came out? I am, and yes, they were a hair band. Did you see their old videos? Axl looked like a chick! They did wear make up... cept for Slash. He always had the long hair and sunglasses. But they all wore make up, they were a hair band, and you did/do listen to a hair band.

They did evolve, obviously. But, they started off as a hair band.

LOL!!

Axl did kinda look like a female in that welcome to the jungle music video.

They might be a hair band in your opinion, but I think we'll agree they were never as gay as poison and alot of those other hair metal bands that looked like chicks.

LOL!!

Axl did kinda look like a female in that welcome to the jungle music video.

They might be a hair band in your opinion, but I think we'll agree they were never as gay as poison and alot of those other hair metal bands that looked like chicks.

Despite your well and varied opinion that all hair bands were "gay", it's just not true. There was some good music to come out of that era. But, like any pop phenom, it was over saturated.

G'n'R started out as a hair band. They were allowed to evolve into something else. Motle Crue, Poisen... they weren't. Bon Jovi was. Ratt wasn't. I'd still pay to see bands like Slaughter and Warrent, as opposed to something calling themselves Guns N Roses, but really isn't. Also, I'd rather pay to see any of those Hair Bands (cept for Stryper) than anything that's on MTV. Y'know, if MTV still played music.

Despite your well and varied opinion that all hair bands were "gay", it's just not true. There was some good music to come out of that era. But, like any pop phenom, it was over saturated.

G'n'R started out as a hair band. They were allowed to evolve into something else. Motle Crue, Poisen... they weren't. Bon Jovi was. Ratt wasn't. I'd still pay to see bands like Slaughter and Warrent, as opposed to something calling themselves Guns N Roses, but really isn't. Also, I'd rather pay to see any of those Hair Bands (cept for Stryper) than anything that's on MTV. Y'know, if MTV still played music.

As much as I hate poison, motley crue and alot of other stupid hair bands, I'd much rather watch new groups like that instead of this rap sh** that every song is the same crap, punk rockers with bald heads and stupid girl rock bands with faggy keyboardists like that band that was on conan obrien the other day, terrible crap.

Warrant, cherry pie, good music video, have it downloaded on my computer. :lol:

Boy... you need to be hit with some Ratt and Roll.

Not all hair band music is bad. Like everything, you take the good with the bad. There was some outstanding music made then. Queensryche, who was lumped into the hair band thing, since they had long hair. Great band. Tesla. Another great band. Most of the first hair bands... their first CD's were damn good. After it hit and became popular, the lyrics went to sh*t, it became Bland, and it was mass produced. Just like Grunge music became. Just like Rap is. Rap, back in the day, was good. Now? Everyone thinks that they can put together a good rhyme. Just isn't true.

And, when Madonna jumps on your trend, you're up sh*t's creek without a paddle.

Appetite For Destruction is in the top 5 albums of all time, IMO. The rest of their stuff fell off dramatically, although I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoyed 'The Spaghetti Incident'.

Queensryche was unfairly given the hairband label. Geoff Tate has one of the best voices in music. In any genre. (You hear that, Celine?)

BTW, the term 'hair band' has more to do with the style of music than whether a band wore makeup or had long hair. Zeppelin had long hair, and King Diamond wore makeup. It doesn't make either of them a hair band. The happy pop/rock party songs of bands like Poison and Warrant embodied what 'hair bands' were all about.

I'm going to see Cinderella, Ratt and Quiet Riot next week here in Tampa... can't wait for that show. Queensryche just opened for Judas Priest a couple of weeks ago, and I left after two Priest songs... not impressed.

If I ever hear another Slaughter song, I may shove a rusty ice pick into my ears. It will probably have the same effect.

Not true, young man. Back in the day, they were quite good.

Currently, anything Axl Rose does with the name will, without a doubt, fail miserably. Why? Because, G'n'R was such a high standard.

Yeah, but what really sucks about them and their over-ratedness was the fact that sometimes I believe one of the members didn't come to concerts and they couldn't play cause he didn't feel like it?

Sounds like a white rocker Randy Moss. :wink:

Appetite For Destruction is in the top 5 albums of all time, IMO. The rest of their stuff fell off dramatically, although I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoyed 'The Spaghetti Incident'.

Queensryche was unfairly given the hairband label. Geoff Tate has one of the best voices in music. In any genre. (You hear that, Celine?)

BTW, the term 'hair band' has more to do with the style of music than whether a band wore makeup or had long hair. Zeppelin had long hair, and King Diamond wore makeup. It doesn't make either of them a hair band. The happy pop/rock party songs of bands like Poison and Warrant embodied what 'hair bands' were all about.

I'm going to see Cinderella, Ratt and Quiet Riot next week here in Tampa... can't wait for that show. Queensryche just opened for Judas Priest a couple of weeks ago, and I left after two Priest songs... not impressed.

If I ever hear another Slaughter song, I may shove a rusty ice pick into my ears. It will probably have the same effect.

Hey, when you're right, you're right. Queensryche was unfairly given the label. As was Tesla. Both were great bands. My point in naming them was that they came out at that time and were called as such.

The hair metal... it was a style, and it was a time period. Like, going by the time period, Metallica and Megadeth, Slayer, ect... they weren't considered hair bands. WASP was, however...

Yeah, but what really sucks about them and their over-ratedness was the fact that sometimes I believe one of the members didn't come to concerts and they couldn't play cause he didn't feel like it?

Sounds like a white rocker Randy Moss. :wink:

Once again, not true. Yes, it did happen, but it was well after they became huge. It was during the Use Your Illusion tours. It was well after Appetite came out. And it wasn't members... it was just one guy who didn't feel like it or didn't show up. It was Axl Rose. I know... you're shocked.

Archived