Pink Floyd AMAZING

SoFlaJets

they stole the show-I didn't see U2 but I'm sure they were great too.MTV is a totally useless piece of garbage anymore.Didn't they used to show music?In the middle of Comfortably Numb they break away to the VJ's talikg about how amazing it is-I couldn't believe it.I watched on AOL music online almost all day.

they stole the show-I didn't see U2 but I'm sure they were great too.MTV is a totally useless piece of garbage anymore.Didn't they used to show music?In the middle of Comfortably Numb they break away to the VJ's talikg about how amazing it is-I couldn't believe it.I watched on AOL music online almost all day.

I think that was the point. It was an AOL event if you were a subscriber & the fact that ABC had paid for almost all of the COMPLETE sets to show in the re-hash later that night pretty much closed the door on any of us hearing the concerts in complete entirety!

Thank God for AOL!

That's different.

Not many are offended by Floyd.

Anything in particular about them you find annoying?

d

Just their sound in general, it's elevator music to me.. And I get annoyed by the fact that they're considered so "innovative" just because they messed around with a bunch of new sounds (likely while on an acid trip) and recorded a seamless album. They just bore me... Now the Stones on the other hand...

Just their sound in general, it's elevator music to me.. And I get annoyed by the fact that they're considered so "innovative" just because they messed around with a bunch of new sounds (likely while on an acid trip) and recorded a seamless album. They just bore me... Now the Stones on the other hand...

Interesting comment, Real 80.

Floyd is known for inserting what I refer to as sonic landscape passages in between parts of music that subscribe to traditional songwriting recipes.

Not everybody embraces this mixture.

There's not a virtuoso in the band, though Gilmour can crank out a great solo, but together they can produce a sound like nobody else.

Great thing about music though is that it's personal.

I could list off many popular bands that I "just don't get" that would probably make most of you shake your head.

Got close to 1000 CDs at home and I've had people look through them and claim "you don't have anything"

:wink:

cheers,

d

Archived