Watch McFadden in action NOW

K2C

McFadden is the AP or Reggie Bush this year. Either he'll be great or a bust. The other RB's might be better but they aren't the sexy top 5 pick. And being the Jets already have Washington and Thomas Jones, it's very unlikely they'd waste say a 3rd round pick on a RB. What's the point?

You take the hyped sexy pick in the top 10, you don't in the 3rd round. And for the Jets, that's what the RB position is at this point.

Im not convinced Jones will be back next year.

A J.Davis/Leon combo would be nice.Davis is a solid power back with good speed.

JoneJet can probably say some more about him

Im not convinced Jones will be back next year.

A J.Davis/Leon combo would be nice.Davis is a solid power back with good speed.

JoneJet can probably say some more about him

I don't see the Jets trading TJ unless they pick somebody like McFadden. This regime seems to not want to admit they screwed up. Trading TJ after one season would mean they think they screwed up. Besides he has a 4 year deal.

The difference between McFadden and Bush, is that McFadden actually did carry the load in college.. He has had over 200 more carries than Bush did in his junior year..

Bush could have done the same thing at USC, running threw gaping holes created by their huge o-line even more often than he did, but they had Lendale White for the bulk of the work. They were used different in college, but they look like the same type of runner to me. And I think McFadden will face the same challenges in the NFL that Bush has.

Bush could have done the same thing at USC, running threw gaping holes created by their huge o-line even more often than he did, but they had Lendale White for the bulk of the work. They were used different in college, but they look like the same type of runner to me. And I think McFadden will face the same challenges in the NFL that Bush has.

I don't get the 'bust' assumption about Bush. He had a good rookie year. He seems more of a receiving threat than a running threat, but the Saints made the NFC Championship game last year. This season the Saints struggled, but suffered a ton of injuries. Bush doesn't seem like a guy who can run like Curtis Martin, but few can these days. He still was a decent receiving threat. I don't think he'll ever be the "great running back" everybody proclaimed, but calling Reggie Bush a bust is funny considering DBrick was taken 2 picks later and people keep claiming he needs more time.

If people call Reggie Bush and Vince Young busts at this point, you have to call DBrick a bust. And considering over the past few years that quite a few of the OL drafted early have been just as hit or miss as QB's and RB's, who is to say taking one or the other isn't assuming the same risk.

I don't get the 'bust' assumption about Vick. He had a good rookie year. He seems more of a receiving threat than a running threat, but the Saints made the NFC Championship game last year. This season the Saints struggled, but suffered a ton of injuries. Bush doesn't seem like a guy who can run like Curtis Martin, but few can these days. He still was a decent receiving threat. I don't think he'll ever be the "great running back" everybody proclaimed, but calling Reggie Bush a bust is funny considering DBrick was taken 2 picks later and people keep claiming he needs more time.

If people call Reggie Bush and Vince Young busts at this point, you have to call DBrick a bust. And considering over the past few years that quite a few of the OL drafted early have been just as hit or miss as QB's and RB's, who is to say taking one or the other isn't assuming the same risk.

concur-- way too early on bush

and how could anyone call VY a bust, they are 10-6 in perhaps toughest conf

in nfl.....helloooooooooooo

I don't get the 'bust' assumption about Bush. He had a good rookie year. He seems more of a receiving threat than a running threat, but the Saints made the NFC Championship game last year. This season the Saints struggled, but suffered a ton of injuries. Bush doesn't seem like a guy who can run like Curtis Martin, but few can these days. He still was a decent receiving threat. I don't think he'll ever be the "great running back" everybody proclaimed, but calling Reggie Bush a bust is funny considering DBrick was taken 2 picks later and people keep claiming he needs more time.

I agree. I still think Bush is a great talent whose versatility is valuable and he absolutely was one of the reasons the Saints went to the Championship game last year. I just don't think guys like him and McFadden can be that everydown workload RB like LT, LJ, AP.

Therefore, I don't see McFadden for a team like the Jets. If they draft McFadden and let Jones go, thinking McFadden can be their LT, AP, I think they will be disappointed. And they already have their poor man's version of Bush/McFadden in Leon as a change of pace (who they don't use enough).

I think McFadden will be a good if not great back in the NFL.....he can and does carry the load for the team. And as for Thor's video.....that's against HOUSTON....I can pick a number of backs in college that have great runs against ****ty teams. McFadden does have small legs but he runs with authority and does not avoid contact. Today I saw him run over a few Missouri guys.

One other thing to think about...the entire coaching staff for that Arkansas game will not be back next year, so I doubt they were gameplanning all that much for the game. Most are already going to other teams.

Temple has impressed me in a few games I have seen of him from Missouri. Really good back and doesn't get enough credit in that offense.

I think McFadden will be a good if not great back in the NFL.....he can and does carry the load for the team. And as for Thor's video.....that's against HOUSTON....I can pick a number of backs in college that have great runs against ****ty teams. McFadden does have small legs but he runs with authority and does not avoid contact. Today I saw him run over a few Missouri guys.

One other thing to think about...the entire coaching staff for that Arkansas game will not be back next year, so I doubt they were gameplanning all that much for the game. Most are already going to other teams.

Temple has impressed me in a few games I have seen of him from Missouri. Really good back and doesn't get enough credit in that offense.

also add to fact his qb blows

and he has been on the banquet circuit past 4 weeks

these bowl games scheduled 4-6 weeks after regular season are dumb

also add to fact his qb blows

and he has been on the banquet circuit past 4 weeks

these bowl games scheduled 4-6 weeks after regular season are dumb

It is kind of stupid, especially for college kids. Half these players will never go pro, so it's not like they are out there preparing 24/7. And a team where half the coaching staff is gone probably isn't preparing 24/7. Kids like McFadden might, but he's going pro, most of the other players probably enjoyed some holiday time with family or enjoyed the new years.

They aren't pros. Most will never be pros. Having a game 4+ weeks after their last game is just stupid. Some teams like USC benefit cause over half that team goes pro. Other teams where only a couple of players will be going pro just aren't preparing like the other teams.

There is a big difference between a guy who just wants to win as a senior compared to a guy who wants to win, wants to improve his draft status, and wants to look better than everybody else.

Playoffs in December would be far better than games in Jan. Heck some of these teams last played in November.

Archived