Watch McFadden in action NOW

K2C

Fox..Cotton Bowl.

For those of you not familiar with his work..

I have only seen him twice but he puts the ball on the ground. tall and skinny and he takes a lot of hits on the ball. runs straight up. good speed. I am not seeing moves though. it is hard to evaluate.

I have only seen him twice but he puts the ball on the ground. tall and skinny and he takes a lot of hits on the ball. runs straight up. good speed. I am not seeing moves though. it is hard to evaluate.

He never does moves. All he does is run fast through the massive lines his O-Line clears. He is a small back at 205 lbs, I just don't understand all the hype over him.

He looks like another Bush. Not necessarily bad, if you use him right and take advantage of his versatility. But these kind of guys are not everydown backs like LT or AP. You have to be thicker and have that blast into the line mentality. Gale Sayers was one in a billion. You will never again see that kind of rare speed and elusiveness with the toughness to run inside like he did. AP might be the closest I have seen, but he runs behind a super o-line. Sayers ran behind an ordinary line and he returned punts and KOs like a Hester.

I would not spend a top 5 pick on McFadden.

He never does moves. All he does is run fast through the massive lines his O-Line clears. He is a small back at 205 lbs, I just don't understand all the hype over him.

This seems to happen every year. Someone on the boards gets a hard on for a guy and we have to sift through oversized signature pictures of him until he is exposed as the fraud that he is.

This seems to happen every year. Someone on the boards gets a hard on for a guy and we have to sift through oversized signature pictures of him until he is exposed as the fraud that he is.

The thing is the entire media has a hard on for him too and I just don't understand it. He doesn't seem that impressive and his back up consistently puts up stats better than starters in most of the NCAA. I just think McFadden will be a huge bust.

The thing is the entire media has a hard on for him too and I just don't understand it. He doesn't seem that impressive and his back up consistently puts up stats better than starters in most of the NCAA. I just think McFadden will be a huge bust.

I agree.

One of the other problems not mentioned yet about McFadden is that I dort of get the feeling he thinks he has already arrived. When infact he may have to work harder than any first round pick this year in order to make the transition into the NFL.

I've been saying it all year Johnathan Stewart will be better than McFadden. I think Mendenhall from Illinois will probably be better than him as well.

I haven't seen much of Stewart. I'm going to have to find some clips.

I haven't seen much of Stewart. I'm going to have to find some clips.

There really aren't many I've tried to find them when I got into debates with people over how he was better than McFadden.

I've watched all of Oregon's games this year and he is an incredible runner his speed is unbelievable especially when you realize how big he is. Even better he works hard and has developed much better vision and patience this season.

There really aren't many I've tried to find them when I got into debates with people over how he was better than McFadden.

I've watched all of Oregon's games this year and he is an incredible runner his speed is unbelievable especially when you realize how big he is. Even better he works hard and has developed much better vision and patience this season.

That is exactly what you want in a runner!

That is exactly what you want in a runner!

Yup, last year I wasn't as high on him but with his patience and vision improving and the fact that he realized he shouldn't make cuts at full speed and constantly break his own ankles he is much better. Whats absurd is he is around 220-230 lbs has a official 4.4 40 time and was rumored to be running a high 4.3 40 a few months ago at school.

So far Im glad we aren't gonna get him. He sucks so far in this first half

People talk about Leon being TOO small to be an every down back...Leon is 202...Mcfadden is listed at 205...and at 6' 2" there is the old...can he get his pad level low enough in the NFL to be effective ? question...Brandon Jacobs is 260..and just as fast as Macfadden...he had trouble with his pad level at times still....Mcfadden might be great....but I do not think he is our answer....he is not the ARK answer yet either....

He looks like another Bush. Not necessarily bad, if you use him right and take advantage of his versatility. But these kind of guys are not everydown backs like LT or AP. You have to be thicker and have that blast into the line mentality. Gale Sayers was one in a billion. You will never again see that kind of rare speed and elusiveness with the toughness to run inside like he did. AP might be the closest I have seen, but he runs behind a super o-line. Sayers ran behind an ordinary line and he returned punts and KOs like a Hester.

I would not spend a top 5 pick on McFadden.

Sayers was just a joy to watch...he did not run..it was more of a glide ! And just when you thought you had shut down his lane...it was like a rocket went off and he was gone ! He was 6'0" and 198...could he have done it this day and time....I think so !

wow, I'm so surprised that he is doing so poorly. Actually I'm not. He didn't have too many good games against good teams with the exception of the last two games. So maybe us picking a little lower really will work out to our benefit.

It wasn't like he had a bad game, it was just that Arkansas got beat down. So much for the theory that every team in the SEC is better than other conferences.

There are going to be a few good backs in this draft anyway.

Figure if Rice, Mendelham, James Davis from Clemson(will be a solid pro) all declare, we can definitely land a good back later in the draft.

ANd then you have Stewart too who is also a beast.

There are going to be a few good backs in this draft anyway.

Figure if Rice, Mendelham, James Davis from Clemson(will be a solid pro) all declare, we can definitely land a good back later in the draft.

ANd then you have Stewart too who is also a beast.

If they don't take McFadden or he's long gone by the time they draft, I doubt they take a RB in the draft.

Whys that?

McFadden is the AP or Reggie Bush this year. Either he'll be great or a bust. The other RB's might be better but they aren't the sexy top 5 pick. And being the Jets already have Washington and Thomas Jones, it's very unlikely they'd waste say a 3rd round pick on a RB. What's the point?

You take the hyped sexy pick in the top 10, you don't in the 3rd round. And for the Jets, that's what the RB position is at this point.

Archived