Outdoor hockey game today?

faba

Should be cool. There was talks of the Islanders and Rangers playing at Yankee stadium last new years day but it never materialized. Expect it to happen though when the new baseball stadiums open up.

Good idea by the NHL.

They would sellout the game in yankee stadium considering its Isles vs Rangers. If that happened would season ticket holders be going, or would you have to buy those sepratlely.

They would sellout the game in yankee stadium considering its Isles vs Rangers. If that happened would season ticket holders be going, or would you have to buy those sepratlely.
Don't think it can happen at Yankee or Shea next year because they will be knocking down the old stadiums to open the new ones in March, 2009. May be come 09/10 they can have a game in the one of the new stadiums.

My buddy and I went to the game today. My face looks like I just got back from a week in Florida with no Presun lotion. Windburned to death but it was worth it. Everybody had a great time but the game itself seemed to take forever with all the repairs to the ice.

what a great game! came down to the Sid the Kid in a Shoot out! Couldnt have scripted it better. People are talking about it today too, and thats a very good sign. If it is being talked about in Virginia Beach, im sure it is everywhere else.

I hope the NHL can ride the momentum from the game, love to see more outdoor games.

what a great game! came down to the Sid the Kid in a Shoot out! Couldnt have scripted it better. People are talking about it today too, and thats a very good sign. If it is being talked about in Virginia Beach, im sure it is everywhere else.

I hope the NHL can ride the momentum from the game, love to see more outdoor games.

Im sure the fact that the game drew 70,000 in horrible weather for one of 82 regular season games opened a lot of eyes. Of course, it was an "event" but that is still impressive.

Archived