Source: Ireland to be Dolphins' new general manager

BP

When Leon Hess turned his franchise over to Parcells and gave him carte blanche, I understood. It was a dying man who wnted the elusive championship, teh future be damned.

When an owner like Wayne Huizenga does it, it is pure desperation. I mean who, exactly who hires a football executive knowing that he will maybe be there for four years at tops, and you will be back to square one in just that short amount of time?

Everywhere Parcells goes, there is a wake left after him that causes an upswell. Dallas was fortunate enough that they have a football savvy guy like Jerry Jones in place, who never caved to Parcells' want for total control.

It will take a few years to straighten out Miami, and just when they start turning the corner, at best, Parcells will up and leave because he is itchy.

And what of wanting to shop for the groceries as well as cook them? Does Parcells remember that edict? Think his new coach will have final say in personnel decisions?

I will enjoy watching this. This would be reality TV at its best.

When Leon Hess turned his franchise over to Parcells and gave him carte blanche, I understood. It was a dying man who wnted the elusive championship, teh future be damned.

When an owner like Wayne Huizenga does it, it is pure desperation. I mean who, exactly who hires a football executive knowing that he will maybe be there for four years at tops, and you will be back to square one in just that short amount of time?

Everywhere Parcells goes, there is a wake left after him that causes an upswell. Dallas was fortunate enough that they have a football savvy guy like Jerry Jones in place, who never caved to Parcells' want for total control.

It will take a few years to straighten out Miami, and just when they start turning the corner, at best, Parcells will up and leave because he is itchy.

And what of wanting to shop for the groceries as well as cook them? Does Parcells remember that edict? Think his new coach will have final say in personnel decisions?

Really good post, IMO!

I've only read the title but how is a country going to GM a team? Are they gonna have to have a vote if they are going to resign Ricky Williams or will they just designate 1 guy from a pub to make all the moves?

After One shot, they draft Glen Dorsey

After Two Shots, they draft Darren McFadden

After Three Shots, they draft Blair Thomas

After Four Shots, Parcells is kissing the "man in the mirror"

Actually Dallas (so far), the Jets, and the Giants have done above avg. even after Parcells's departure.

The Dolfags need someone that can turn the state of their franchise around, so even if he leaves in 3/4 years or so, at least he'll give the next guy some sort of a chance to succeed.

Actually Dallas (so far), the Jets, and the Giants have done above avg. even after Parcells's departure.

The Dolfags need someone that can turn the state of their franchise around, so even if he leaves in 3/4 years or so, at least he'll give the next guy some sort of a chance to succeed.

After he left the Giants-Ray Handley? Remember that?

After he left the Pats-Pete Carroll- Remember that? Though that wasn't his fault, but the manner in which he left was.

After he left the Jets- Woody holding the bag, after Groh departed suddenly? Remember that?

After he left the Giants-Ray Handley? Remember that?

After he left the Pats-Pete Carroll- Remember that? Though that wasn't his fault, but the manner in which he left was.

After he left the Jets- Woody holding the bag, after Groh departed suddenly? Remember that?

After he left the Giants, theyve still won a SB and have been playoff contenders many times. After he left the Jets, we've still made the playoffs 5 or 6 times (he left 8 yrs ago).

Now here's the thing, and i dont know about other teams, but when he took over the Jets we had made the playoffs I believe ONCE in about 6 years.

Unfortunately, I think this was a good move by the fags.

Great post. I read today on SI or ESPN that Marty Schottenheimer has 12 more wins than the Tuna and coached one less season.

After he left the Giants, theyve still won a SB and have been playoff contenders many times. After he left the Jets, we've still made the playoffs 5 or 6 times (he left 8 yrs ago).

Now here's the thing, and i dont know about other teams, but when he took over the Jets we had made the playoffs I believe ONCE in about 6 years.

Unfortunately, I think this was a good move by the fags.

Aside from getting facts wrong, I still don't see your point.

What SB have the Giants won w/o Parcells?

Parcells guided the Jets to one playoff berth in 4 years here (one as GM).

The Jets have made the playoffs 4 years since he left.

The fact remains, Parcells leaves organizations (with the exception of Dallas), grasping at thin air based on his impetuous and rocky break-ups. he can't just leave an organization, he has to make it a messy divorce. It gives him the attantion he craves.

To do that in a position of calling organizational shots places a franchise in a perilous future.

he can't just leave an organization, he has to make it a messy divorce. It gives him the attantion he craves.

That sums up Parcells right there. From talking to the Jets during the Pats Super Bowl run in '96 to leaving the Jets high and dry with the whole Belichick debacle.

Plus, in the case of the Jets, cap hell.

I forgot to mention that. Miami is looking for the quick fix but I don't see them getting much better. They were a 60 yard OT TD pass from being 0-16 this year.

They have an aging defense and their marquee player, Taylor, is disgruntled. Plus Zach Thomas is one more concussion away from retirement.

Aside from getting facts wrong, I still don't see your point.

What SB have the Giants won w/o Parcells?

Parcells guided the Jets to one playoff berth in 4 years here (one as GM).

The Jets have made the playoffs 4 years since he left.

The fact remains, Parcells leaves organizations (with the exception of Dallas), grasping at thin air based on his impetuous and rocky break-ups. he can't just leave an organization, he has to make it a messy divorce. It gives him the attantion he craves.

To do that in a position of calling organizational shots places a franchise in a perilous future.

Sorry, the Giants made the SB in 2000, they didnt win it though.

The Jets made the playoffs 6 times in the past 10 years since he took over (including an AFCCG), as opposed to maybe 2 or 3 in the previous 10 years.

My point is that he knows how to turn franchises around, as he has done it numerous times before. This is a good move for the dolfags, at least now there's a chance that even if Parcells doesnt win anything while he's there, he will set up a franchise that makes it possible for the next guy.

Rumor has it that Parcells got a piece of ownership. Looks like he might be here for a while.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TUNA GOT A PIECE OF THE FINS

The talk in league circles is that the thing that got the deal done between the Dolphins and new football poobah Bill Parcells was that owner Wayne Huizenga gave the Tuna a piece of ownership.

It's unclear whether it is "real" ownership or just a revenue interest tied to profits. Regardless, Huizenga was willing to do it, and Falcons owner Arthur Blank (as we hear it) wasn't.

In fact, we're told that Blank offered a bigger salary to Parcells, but that Parcells held out for ownership interest in the team.

One source tells us that Parcells is getting between $3 million and $4 million per year in wages from the Dolphins.

Archived