Last minute cuts thread

RSJ

Teams have to be under the salary cap by tonight, as far as I know. Here's the cuts so far

Packers: Mike Wahle

Cowboys: Dexter Coakley

Raiders: Ray Buchanon, Frank Middleton

Buccaneers: Brad Johnson, Ian Gold, Mario Edwards, Joe Jureviscious

Dolphins: David Boston (not officiall yet as far as I know. But will be if they do not reach an agreement on a restructuring of his contract.)

Mike Wahle would be a nice addition to the Jets.

I was thinking about Keyshawn recently....He's had a decent career, but has he been much better than Wayne Chrebet (who he mocks) when you check the stats?

Keyshawn was a #1 pick; Wayne was a street free agent.

Anyway, Keyshawn always says he's "great" because he wears a Super Bowl ring--via the Bucs....

But wasn't it Jurevicious and Keenan McCardell that led the way for the Bucs in huge games?

Jurevicious, if healthy, should still be good at 29.

Coakley has to go to team like the Colts that likes 5'7" SS's and 215 pound LB's....Appearently Dungy doesn't mind ranking last in the NFL every season in defense :twisted:

Wahle is the huge name, I agree...He can play OT or OG.

Middleton seems to have some value...the safety for the Raiders could come back for less $$, but that jobs going to Stu Schweigert, who just needs to learn how to tackle better.

Boston is messed up...I wouldn't touch him..

Good list....Maybe we should do cap cuts at DD.com?

Make a list and do a short write up?

Maybe we can make a list of players and do it in a JN thread, with input from a bunch of people?

Or we can get a list and split the players up?

Bledsoe and Muhamed are the only 2 signed, but we have to be quick--in the day or so we need to get posted?

Either way would be good. If you wanted to slit them I can take some. From writing for kffl on fantasy football I know a lot of these guys scouting reports by heart. Not that they are always correct I'm just saying.

Great, I'll get a list...we can split them or one of can do them alone...Aslo got a friend from another site (non Jets) that's a great writer (actuall small town sports writer), who may help...

Jerry from Canada, but lived and worked in NYC for a while...He's good.

Here's the list...We can split it up by confrence How about I take offense; you take defense ....Somehow we can do this and have them done by tommorow...Weird thing is, we'll rush through this, then it will take Bitonti a week to post them--just kidding Matt :lol::P

######

Released cornerback Mario Edwards, linebacker Ian Gold, quarterback Brad Johnson and receiver Joe Jurevicius.

Green Bay Packers Released guard Mike Wahle and center-guard Grey Ruegamer;

San Francisco 49ers Terminated contract of defensive end Brandon Whiting.

Cleveland released safety Robert Griffith.

Chicago Bears Released wide receiver David Terrell.

New England Patriots Released linebacker Roman Phifer.

Carolina Panthers Released quarterback Rodney Peete and guard Doug Brzezinski.

Pittsburgh Steelers Released cornerback Chad Scott and tight end Jay Riemersma.

Seattle Seahawks Released wide receiver Jerry Rice.

New England Patriots Released cornerback Ty Law.

Carolina Panthers Released receiver Muhsin Muhammad.

Philadelphia Eagles Released linebacker Nate Wayne.

Denver Broncos Released guard Dan Neil. (Maxman already did this one) :twisted:

Released quarterback Jay Fiedler; defensive end Jay

Williams and safeties Arturo Freeman and Shawn Wooden. (Will retire)

Dallas Cowboys Signed quarterback Drew Bledsoe.

Chicago Bears Waived quarterback Jonathan Quinn.

New York Giants Released safety Omar Stoutmire, cornerback Terry Cousin, defensive end Lorenzo Bromell and defensive tackle Martin Chase; waived running back Antonio Womack.

Minnesota Vikings released cornerbacks Terrance Shaw and Rhett Nelson, running back Larry Ned, center Cory Withrow and wide receiver Kenny Clark.

Kansas City Chiefs Released defensive end Vonnie Holliday.

Dallas Cowboys Released center Gennaro DiNapoli and defensive end Marcellus Wiley.

Tennessee Released receiver Derrick Mason, cornerback Samari Rolle, defensive end Kevin Carter, tackle Fred Miller, fullback Robert Holcombe and kicker Joe Nedney.

Tim Dwight-Chargers...

Anyone missing?

Deep Breath <wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze>

Mike Wahle: Was set to get an $11 million dollar roster bonus and knew he was going to get cut. Packers probbly hav his re-worked contract in the bag, unles somebody steps in and thinks he's a LT, which he may just be. Extremely athletic player, still learning the intricacies.

Ian Gold: Fast, quick, under-sized LB. Special teamer. Probably will end up back with the Giants (his original team).

Mario Edwards: JAG. Who cares?

Joe Jurevicius: Injury prone possession receiver who can really help a team. I'd love to see him on the Jets, but he'll probably end up in either Minnesota or Buffalo.

Brad Johnson: Heady, limited QB. Could be a good back-up, but you'd have to gauge his desire to still play the game. He was ready to retire two years ago if he lost his starting gig. How does he feel now? Should end up in Baltimore.

Grey Ruegamer: JAG

Brandon Whiting: Could be a nice pass-rusher for someone on the cheap. Tough guy. Maybe back with Eagles, or Arizona.

Robert Griffith: Was always a step slow, and is even slower now. Should just retire. Will probably pull a Victor Green and stick around somewhere until he's cut. Pats?

David Terrell: Somebody will take a flyer on this bust. Minnesota, San Francisco.

Roman Phifer: Retirement awaits.

Rodney Peete: Retirement, Holly Robinson, await.

Doug Brzeziski: Carolina has no guards and they cut you? JAG!

Chad Scott: JAG-ish. Someone will pay him. Pats?

Jay Riemersma: Alot of potential that never panned out. Still, could be a good 2nd TE for somebody. Dolphins.

Jerry Rice: Retirement awaits. Will get the one-year, one-dollar contract with San Fran and retire.

Ty Law: Still good, but not worth a three-year deal. Someone will give it to him, though. Jets, Baltimore, Vikes, Browns.

Nate Wayne: Smallish LB with a bad attitude. JAG

Dan Neil: System guy or legit talent? The Bronco system label will cost him. Giants should take a look.

Jay Fiedler: Nice back-up. Solid vet. Jets

Jay Williams: JAG

Arturo Freeman: Athletic safety who can't figure it out. JAG

Johnathan Quinn: Good arm, good leader. JAG

Omar Stoutmire: Good hitter who can't run. JAG

Terry Cousin: Another Ernie Accorsi FA mistake. JAG

Lorenzo Bromell: JAG

Martin Chase: JAG

Terrance Shaw: JAG

Rhett Nelson: JAG

Larry Ned: Good special teamer. Wouldn't be a bad signing.

Vonnie Holliday: Plays when he wants to. Slighly better than a JAG. Maybe Dallas.

Marcellus Wiley: Retired three years ago but didn't tell anyone. JAG

Gennaro DNapoli: JAG

Derrick Mason: Nice, productive vet receiver. Jacksonville.

Kevin Carter: Will ask for huge money. Skins?

Fred Miller: Anywhere but here

Robert Holcombe: Tough FB. I'd sign him to teach Sowell how to block.

Joe Nedney: On the kicker pinwheel. Jets?

Tim Dwight: Browns

Marcellus Wiley: Retired three years ago but didn't tell anyone. JAG

Now that's brilliant...RSherry is doing the Defense, he has to use that one :lol:

TS, can I steal some of your writeups on offense? :twisted:

Now that's brilliant...RSherry is doing the Defense, he has to use that one :lol:

TS, can I steal some of your writeups on offense? :twisted:

Rigs, if you ever find any desire to use my senseless rantings in your pristine observations anywhere, please feel free. I'd be honored.

Good post, TS.

However, Ian Gold is a former Bronco, not a former Giant. :wink:

You are CORRECT SIR!

I was thinking of Jack Golden, a smallish special teams LB that started with the Giants and then went to the Bucs before getting cut.

Now, you may KISS MY ASS, TROLL. Correct ME in public, I tellya. :lol::lol:

Wahle from Packers will probably resign at a lower amount with them

There probably not going to bring Rivera back so their offensive line will have to be totally rebuilt if they can not bring him back.

Archived