Holy Crap....Just what the doctor ordered for our JETS~Jonas

JonEJet

Jesus, the possibillity that we could snag both Jennings and Smoot in FA......oh...oh god......OH GOD....

Sorry, let me clean up for a second.....

Where was I?

Oh yea, damn, Jennings and Smoot in FA. That makes the draft a whole different story for us, and gives us so many options......

Is it possible...that Bradway MIGHT....just MIGHT.....have two good offseasons in a row?

Dare I dream?

Jesus, the possibillity that we could snag both Jennings and Smoot in FA......oh...oh god......OH GOD....

Where was I?

Oh yea, damn, Jennings and Smoot in FA. That makes the draft a whole different story for us, and gives us so many options......

Is it possible...that Bradway MIGHT....just MIGHT.....have two good offseasons in a row?

Dare I dream?

Preach on brother...Preach on.

One key hurdle in the proposed Laveranues Coles-for-Moss trade was cleared last night when the Redskins significantly reduced left tackle Chris Samuels' $9.5 million salary cap figure by signing him to a contract that includes a club-record $15.75-million signing bonus.

Meaning?

I'm not so sure I like this move. I'm not crazy about Jennings. The guy is never healthy for a whole season, short and slow for a LT, and has been constantly abused by J Abe. I wouldn't object if the price is right I just hope the Jets don't throw a ton of money at him or give him more than he is really worth.

I'm not so sure I like this move. I'm not crazy about Jennings. The guy is never healthy for a whole season, short and slow for a LT, and has been constantly abused by J Abe. I wouldn't object if the price is right I just hope the Jets don't throw a ton of money at him or give him more than he is really worth.

If they sign him quick, it is gonna be a big contract. That is the way it always goes.

jonasjennings.jpg

# 75 Jonas Jennings

Position: T

Height: 6-3

Weight: 325

Born: 11/21/1977

College: Georgia

NFL Experience: 4

GAMES PLAYED

Year Team G GS

2001 Buffalo Bills 12 12

2002 Buffalo Bills 15 15

2003 Buffalo Bills 11 11

2004 Buffalo Bills 14 14

Getting a guy in his PRIME

Love this deal!!

Where was I?

Dare I dream?

No.... NO!!!! Mason!! GO FOR MASON!!! Blow your wad on Mason!

Still, I feel fairly comfortable. You don't make money by betting on Bradway to do things right.

Smoot and Jennings would be killer signs for you guys as long as you weren't rooked on the contracts.

and it'd let you focus on Mark Clayton, Troy Williamson, or another WR of choice in the first two rounds to start grooming for when Santana leaves..... or that impact TE you guys need so badly.

This kind of pickup makes US stronger, while making a division rival weaker. Double the value.

But I do agree with Sherry....I hope the contract would be reasonable, at least.

I just read he was looking for a deal similar to Diem

About $36 mill :-k:-s

I agree RS Jennings isn't worth even close to that, imo. I like him for a Eric Barton type contract but that's it. This draft is really, really deep with quality lineman that are very athletic.

What do you like about Jennings? Just wondering...

It's a Great fit, rs ... upgrades two positions with one move

Fabini is an adequate LT but was a very good RT ... better RT than K-Mac, IMO

And Jennings is a bona fide LT ... much better LT than Fabini

So this upgrades two positions ... LT and RT ... in one fell swoop

It's a Great fit, rs ... upgrades two positions with one move

Fabini is an adequate LT but was a very good RT ... better RT than K-Mac, IMO

And Jennings is a bona fide LT ... much better LT than Fabini

So this upgrades two positions ... LT and RT ... in one fell swoop

Fair enough, like I said earlier I don't object to is so long as the Jets aren't blowing thier free agent wad on Jennings and Jennings alone.

Fair enough, like I said earlier I don't object to is so long as the Jets aren't blowing thier free agent wad on Jennings and Jennings alone.

No way, I think we saved just enough to snag Smoot too, LOL!

Actually, if the only NEW FA's we get are Jennings and Smoot, and we manage to keep Furgy, then I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY going into the draft.

I mean, Mckenzie can go (once we have Jennings), Tongue can go (replaced in the draft or with McGraw/Washington), Becht can go (Replaced with a Mop with a wig, since the mop has better hands and breaks more tackles), Jason Glenn can go (even though I like him, he CAN be replaced).

Am I forgetting anyone (other than the no-way-he-stays Lamont Jordan....(*sob*)...who we have almost nil chance of keeping).

Isn't this the same Jonas Jennings who was the LT protecting Drew Bledsoe's blindside during a period where he was sacked 140 times in 3 years?

Yeah that's correct. That is why I'm kinda on the fence on this guy. Everything I hear on Jennings from everyone is positive but I just remember J Abe owning him when the Jets played the Bills.

I'm with sherry on this. Jennings and that Bills O-Line was dreadful at the start of last year, even with Jim McNally coaching him up. The Bills started winning when they conceded the 7-step drop and went 3-step stuff. I'd be happier if they got him to play RT, to tell you the truth.

Archived