What do we need more?

nylandingstrip

I've been looking at some mock drafts lately and ive been wondering what the jets need to get more in the draft. we really need some offensive linemen, but will jake long fall that low to us at number 6? We also need defensive line help, but glenn dorsey won't wait that long to get drafted. so the question im asking here is what do we need more, and what can we get at that position because realistically, those positions could be pretty weak by the time the number 6 pick rolls around to us.

I've been looking at some mock drafts lately and ive been wondering what the jets need to get more in the draft. we really need some offensive linemen, but will jake long fall that low to us at number 6? We also need defensive line help, but glenn dorsey won't wait that long to get drafted. so the question im asking here is what do we need more, and what can we get at that position because realistically, those positions could be pretty weak by the time the number 6 pick rolls around to us.

IMO our main positions of need are:

NT - No glaring stud prospects available it seems.

LG - Again nothing that we'd be taking at #6. We may try and solve that issue later on or in free agency.

OLB - We desperately need a pass rusher, Gholston or Groves could be posibilties but at #6 we would be raaching. If Long is available I'd defo take him but if not I think we should trade down.

Ever since Laurenitis dropped out of the draft I've been stumped. (plus he didn't look to good at the BCS game) I'm not sure if Gholston is that good, Jake Long may not last until #6? We may be stuck with BAP! Which wouldn't be a bad thing as long as it's not RB. At #6 I want someone who can step in and help right away!

Ever since Laurenitis dropped out of the draft I've been stumped. (plus he didn't look to good at the BCS game) I'm not sure if Gholston is that good, Jake Long may not last until #6? We may be stuck with BAP! Which wouldn't be a bad thing as long as it's not RB. At #6 I want someone who can step in and help right away!

BAP may very well be a QB (Woodson, Brohm or Ryan) or a 4-3 defensive player (Sedrick Ellis). We may have to trade down to get good value.

We need a lot more than we can get with one pick. We just need to pick the best possible football players available when we pick and hope for the best.

Going into next season we need: 2 o-linemen, a NT, a couple of linebackers, and a WR just to be respectable again. In order to actually be a good team and compete we would need a hell of a lot more.

Archived