Is this Patriot team as good as 2003 or 2004?

Blackout

Those defenses might've been better, but with this years Offense, for the majority of the season, all the defense has to do is limit the other team to field goals or stop them once or twice and they'll win the game.

I think this years version is solid and they are playing as a team. I'd pick them as the best Patzie team ever . Maybe the fact that the scum were caught cheating unified them into a single purpose: To show the league they didn't have to cheat to win. If that's indeed is the case then Mangini and the Jets created this monster. THEY OWE US BIG TIME !! :biggrin:

I think this years version is solid and they are playing as a team. I'd pick them as the best Patzie team ever . Maybe the fact that the scum were caught cheating unified them into a single purpose: To show the league they didn't have to cheat to win. If that's indeed is the case then Mangini and the Jets created this monster. THEY OWE US BIG TIME !! :biggrin:

the raiders owe everyone big time

**** spygate

those offenses were solid with Cory Dillon and Deion Branch

Are you seriously trying to compare Corey Dillon and Deion Branch to Laurence Maroney, Randy Moss and Wes Welker? :eek:

Sure those offenses were solid. And those teams faired well (14-2 both years I believe).

Guess what, in 2007, they went 16-0 and are now one game away from being the first ever 19-0 team. This team is better.

Are you seriously trying to compare Corey Dillon and Deion Branch to Laurence Maroney, Randy Moss and Wes Welker? :eek:

Sure those offenses were solid. And those teams faired well (14-2 both years I believe).

Guess what, in 2007, they went 16-0 and are now one game away from being the first ever 19-0 team. This team is better.

this teams defense is borderline top 5 but certainly can outsped in the superbowl by the Giants with Moss jr and Smith.

imagine what the Giants could do with SHockey

Interesting question. I'm not really answering the question, just giving you some defensive stats to ponder.

Points Per Game

2001 - 17

2003 - 14.9

2004 - 16.2

2007 - 17.1

Passing Yards/Game

2001 - 218.6

2003 - 202

2004 - 212.5

2007 - 190.1

Rushing Yards/Game

2001 - 115.9

2003 - 89.6

2004 - 98.2

2007 - 98.2

How are they even in the same league. You knew that year, if you brought your A game, and were a better than average team, you stood a shot to beat the Pats.

This year, it doesnt matter what you bring--only if the Pats are having an off day. Or if they've gotten bored.

Archived