please splain godspeed

joewilly

what exactly does the term godspeed mean

i'm quite familiar with the combine 40 times but this godspeed sayin doesn't make sense to me.

please respond with godspeed as i'm in a hurry

Godspeed, as a word, is a wish for a prosperous journey, success, and good fortune. For example, it was said by Scott Carpenter to John Glenn before Glenn's first trip to space in Friendship 7.

Wiki has everything

Even tells you when Garb became a pats fan;)

I first heard that saying in this movie. right before John Glenn was about to blast off on a known dangerous rocket. before he takes off they say ''god speed John Glenn''

QuR1p7UdI2Y

I'm assuming it means may god look over you.

Godspeed, as a word, is a wish for a prosperous journey, success, and good fortune. For example, it was said by Scott Carpenter to John Glenn before Glenn's first trip to space in Friendship 7.

Wiki has everything

Even tells you when Garb became a pats fan;)

comes from an old english, (well technically not "old english" but more like middle) which translates to "may god prosper you" in modern english.

I first heard that saying in this movie. right before John Glenn was about to blast off on a known dangerous rocket. before he takes off they say ''god speed John Glenn''

QuR1p7UdI2Y

I'm assuming it means may god look over you.

That is really the instance that made that saying famous or well known

what exactly does the term godspeed mean

i'm quite familiar with the combine 40 times but this godspeed sayin doesn't make sense to me.

please respond with godspeed as i'm in a hurry

Check Alk's speeding ticket thread, I belive the answer is buried in there.

Archived