Season Ticket talk.

JETSFAN5180

Has anyone ever recieved a seat upgrade.

Has anyone on the waiting list in the last 2 years recieved season tickets.

Has the waiting list fee been collected this year.

Ive been hearing some rumours pertaining to PSLs and it seems more like a factual rumour.

Where did the New York Jets get the pairs of tickets they offered towards the end of the season.Could they have been from season ticket holders who cancelled renewals in 2006 and the ticket agencys couldnt sell them because of the dismal year.

Will you as a season ticket holder pay a PSL license fee.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I got an little upgrade last year when they sent me the option to buy another seat next to mine.

Yes, I will pay a PSL if I can (meaning, not crazy money). Basically, I am looking at $1-3K per ticket and I will pay.

My guess is, my tickets (335 - Row 21 - 23/24/25) will be roughly $1,000 - $2,000 per ticket in PSL worst case.

BZ

It won't be $5,000 per seat for the entire stadium, that just doesn't make sense. Why would you buy a $5,000 ticket in 335 for the same price as a 120 ticket.

All stadiums that have done PSLs have done them in tiers and most have kept the upper decks either free or very low. Lowers go in the thousands.

BZ

why would anyone want seasons tickets with their requisite PSL's when you can just get tickets to any game you want at stubhub.com? that way, you never have tickets you can't use and you don't pay for worthless pre-season tickets. not like agents/scalpers are going to be able to charge much of a premium for jests tix.

Eh, some people (like my fam) do go to every single game. Plus, people have large crews. It's nice to have the security of already having your tickets together. When you go to all the games, it's cheaper to have season tickets instead of purchasing every game off of that overpriced stubhub crap.

Eh, some people (like my fam) do go to every single game. Plus, people have large crews. It's nice to have the security of already having your tickets together. When you go to all the games, it's cheaper to have season tickets instead of purchasing every game off of that overpriced stubhub crap.

i guess. psl's is a lot to pay to hang out with the same buddies you hang out with every day in my mind. maybe since i live too far to go to them all i don't really understand.

Just checked 6 NFL's teams sites, and appears that BZ is right about the PSL's price being according to where the seat is located.

I used the Panthers site as an example because it was the last site I went to.

PSL AreaPSL Cost2007 SeasonTicketsAvailabilityClub 1$7,500$3,800.00LIMITED Club 2$7,500$2,600.00LIMITED Club 3$7,500$1,700.00LIMITED A$20,000$960.00SOLD OUT B$15,000$860.00SOLD OUT C$7,500$740.00SOLD OUT D$3,000$590.00LIMITED E$3,000$490.00AVAILABLE F$3,000$430.00AVAILABLE G$3,000$360.00LIMITED X$3,000$490.00LIMITED Y$3,000$430.00LIMITED Single GameN/AN/AN/A

It also appears you are wrong about how cheap the PSL's will be.

If the cheapest PSL's in Carolina are $3,000, you guys better back into the room when you go to pay them to make it eaisier for them.

They are going to start at $5,000 I bet

I do understand that, but that would be against what every other team has done.

80,000 x $5,000 x 2 = $800,000,000.00 in revenue.

I just don't think so.

Bears: $2,400 to $10,000

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/PSLs.asp

Baltimore:

http://ravens.seasonticketrights.com/TeamSeats.aspx?lid=32&id=

Rams:$250 - $4,500

http://www.stlouisrams.com/Tickets/PSLs/

Cowboys: (can't find link)

BZ

BZ

I think the fact that the stadium is a joint venture will lessen the blow for PSL's....

I sit in corner of the endzone in the upper tier (308)... Taking that into consideration, along with research of other PSL's/maps of how much they cost based on location, I expect our PSL's to be somewhere around $3,500 each.

Well, it looks like we will know by the end of this year.

Cowboys are opening up in 2009 and released this last year.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/newStadiumList.cfm

We are opening up in 2010, so I would expect by December of this year to know.

I did get the go ahead from the wife for $8,000 per seat PSL, but that was based on 2 tickets, on three, I guess it is more like $5,300. :)

Either way, if it gets to be too much, I just won't do it. It won't make me less of a fan but my new 50" HD LCD will be killer!

BZ

I do understand that, but that would be against what every other team has done.

80,000 x $5,000 x 2 = $800,000,000.00 in revenue.

I just don't think so.

Bears: $2,400 to $10,000

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/PSLs.asp

Baltimore:

http://ravens.seasonticketrights.com/TeamSeats.aspx?lid=32&id=

Rams:$250 - $4,500

http://www.stlouisrams.com/Tickets/PSLs/

Cowboys: (can't find link)

BZ

BZ

Why don't you think so?

These teams cost in the area of $1,000,000,000. Therse guys aren't in this for laughs.

The Giants had a 50,000 waiting list. That just doubled. The Jets will charge the same as the Giants

This is New Jersey/New York and it will be a brand new stadium looking to recoup $$$$.

$5000 Is the figure I was told for every seat in the house.

I suspect you were told wrong I couldn't find one team that had a blanket PSL.

They will get as much as they can

I won't pay $5,000 per seat and that is for the mezzanine. No way. I will stay home, invest the money in home electronics and cancel my tickets. I have had tickets since 1988 and I wouldn't give that a 2nd thought. 10 grand PSL for 2 seats -- no way.

I fear they are underestimating the # of canceled accounts they will receive. They want to bank on 30%. Okay. That is a bet I wouldn't make myself. A big game and they need to remember that people for the most part are living week to week, month to month -- that kind of thing. Saving a few grand for season tickets is something that people have to plan for each year. I really believe this is the case for more people than not.

So if you are adding to that in todays economic climate, I think it is a bad move. My seats cost me roughly $175 per month last year (divided evenly throughout the year). Add that amount to my current car payment and that is a pretty sweet ride.

HHHmmmmmmm. Drive a nicer car every day of the year or go watch the Jets lose. I can put that money to good use and that isn't factoring in one red cent towards the PSL.

Woody, eventually you will set the bar higher than you should. That would be a bad move.

Yeah, a blanket PSL just doesn't make sense, but maybe.

Again, I just hope they get the information to us sooner rather than later so we can plan for it or not.

BZ

This is a good point. They probably want to wait as long as they can so the buzz of the new stadium is in the air. But people need to plan this out (even if a financing plan was included). So the sooner the info was released the better off we would all be.

Max... also remember that PSLs are not sunk costs, you can sell them later and from that article awhile back PSLs have gone up like 8-10% year over year.

Don't think of it as a fee, but an investment.

Would you pay $10,000 to buy a part of the new stadium that you could sell in a 5 years for $15,000 or $20,000 and in the meantime go to a lot of games?

There will probably be financing options as well.

BZ

http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/270012.html

Since they went on sale 14 years ago, more than two-thirds of Panthers permanent seat licenses have increased in value by 150 percent to 400 percent -- competitive with the stock market and well ahead of Charlotte-area real estate and the national inflation rate.

When he bought two PSLs for lower-level seats on the 30-yard line in 1993, Jay Cullinan didn't consider their potential worth in 2007.

"When you go to the games," he said, "you don't think about selling your tickets."

But now Cullinan, 65, is moving to Charleston and wants to sell his two seats for $38,000, more than triple what he paid.

"It's like property," said Cullinan, an industrial flooring contractor. "You expect that value to accumulate over time."

BZ

I won't pay $5,000 per seat and that is for the mezzanine. No way. I will stay home, invest the money in home electronics and cancel my tickets. I have had tickets since 1988 and I wouldn't give that a 2nd thought. 10 grand PSL for 2 seats -- no way.

I fear they are underestimating the # of canceled accounts they will receive. They want to bank on 30%. Okay. That is a bet I wouldn't make myself. A big game and they need to remember that people for the most part are living week to week, month to month -- that kind of thing. Saving a few grand for season tickets is something that people have to plan for each year. I really believe this is the case for more people than not.

So if you are adding to that in todays economic climate, I think it is a bad move. My seats cost me roughly $175 per month last year (divided evenly throughout the year). Add that amount to my current car payment and that is a pretty sweet ride.

HHHmmmmmmm. Drive a nicer car every day of the year or go watch the Jets lose. I can put that money to good use and that isn't factoring in one red cent towards the PSL.

Woody, eventually you will set the bar higher than you should. That would be a bad move.

I wish you were right Max, but I'm fairly sure Woody won't be sorry.

For a state of the art stadium, right outside NYC, corporate and the scalpers will gobble them up.

The long time blue collar fan will be choked out.

You think there are a lot of out of town jerseys in the stands now? Just wait till the PSL's. Every game will be a road game.

That is the reason I was opposed to the ESS. The PSL's would have been through the roof. There would be NO fans in the seats.

It doesnt matter what the PSL fee will be. If they are charging anything, I will be out.

DirecTV and HD tv will be much cheaper and I can turn it off when we suck.

Its too bad I love going to the games, but its getting harder and harder every year to justify spending the amount of money I do on this.

And just wait until the corporate suits own the tickets and sell on stubhub when we suck. the fans will be drunker and get into more fights than the fans who go every week.

It doesnt matter what the PSL fee will be. If they are charging anything, I will be out.

DirecTV and HD tv will be much cheaper and I can turn it off when we suck.

Its too bad I love going to the games, but its getting harder and harder every year to justify spending the amount of money I do on this.

And just wait until the corporate suits own the tickets and sell on stubhub when we suck. the fans will be drunker and get into more fights than the fans who go every week.

I'm with you. And living out of town makes it even a worse investment (hell, how can paying for a PSL involving the Jets be an investment?) for me.

I'd rather put the purchase on a couple of acres somewhere in the mountains and build a log cabin on it.

Max... also remember that PSLs are not sunk costs, you can sell them later and from that article awhile back PSLs have gone up like 8-10% year over year.

Don't think of it as a fee, but an investment.

Would you pay $10,000 to buy a part of the new stadium that you could sell in a 5 years for $15,000 or $20,000 and in the meantime go to a lot of games?

There will probably be financing options as well.

BZ

It will only go up in value if the on field product improves.4-12 no playoffs inferior product on the field week after week.I dont see it as a smart investment.Unless drastic changes are made to make this team consistently competetive in the NFL.

I try not to tell others how to be fans, but for me, part of the complete picture of being a fan is to live through the ups and downs, the good and the bad.

It will make winning all that much more sweeter if you lived through the misery of defeat.

BZ

I try not to tell others how to be fans, but for me, part of the complete picture of being a fan is to live through the ups and downs, the good and the bad.

It will make winning all that much more sweeter if you lived through the misery of defeat.

BZ

I'm tired of living through the ups and downs. I want to be a fair weather fan!

I want to walk out of the stadium at the end of the 3rd quarter when we are losing by 3.

I want to be able to turn off the TV when they call 2 running plays in a row then a pass that doesnt get the first down.

I just want to be a regular jets fan.

But I cant. I have to watch these games from start to finish. I enjoy torture. I am a Jets fan.

Why would you WANT to be that kind of fan?

The joy and love you get from the games would decrease and when the Jets are successful your "ownership" in that would be lessoned.

Be the fan you are.

Embrace the ups and downs.

Take it season by season.

Take it game by game.

Enjoy the process not just the goal.

It is, after all, just entertainment, not a life long mission.

BZ

Also, why is it that fans are always digging through the muck to come up with what will be the worst case scenario? Why not look at some of what might actually be BETTER about the new stadium, prices and all?

- New design with bigger screens and better AV

- Better traffic patterns

- Easier commute to NYC without a car

- Not playing in "Giants" stadium

- A better place for the family with activies

- A hall of fame

- More restuarants and bars

- Better parking

- Better concessions

This is our chance to move in to a great new stadium, sling off the shackles of playing in someone elese house and have some real ownership.

Now it is time to petition the NFL and get the Super Bowl held in an outdoor stadium in the North East.

BZ

Archived