New Mock From CBS

Favorite_Toon

Just for the sake of arguement, but why isnt it possible to draft McFadden and get a RT and LG in the offseason?? We could easily upgrade the Oline in free agency and/or after the 1st round and still take McFadden at 6. Then imagine what our running game would be like with a good Oline and McFadden.

And I'm not even a McFadden nut (I think he is overrated), but in principal I dont understand passing on the best player in the draft because you dont have a RT and RG right now. It seems short sighted to me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just for the sake of arguement, but why isnt it possible to draft McFadden and get a RT and LG in the offseason?? We could easily upgrade the Oline in free agency and/or after the 1st round and still take McFadden at 6. Then imagine what our running game would be like with a good Oline and McFadden.

And I'm not even a McFadden nut (I think he is overrated), but in principal I dont understand passing on the best player in the draft because you dont have a RT and RG right now. It seems short sighted to me.

Free agency is probably the time we can and will address the OL and not the draft. And I agree I'm not a huge Run DMC fan either - but if he is there at 6 you take him no questions asked.

Why is it that in about 90% of mock drafts that I see, McFadden goes pick 3, and in the other 10% he goes to us at pick 6?

Picks 3, 4 & 5 havent yet been determined. The Raiders, Chiefs and Falcons each had the same record and, amazingly, the same strength of schedule. so they all flip coins to determine 3, 4 & 5. People think the Raiders might take McFadden because Oakland typically go for flash over substance (though he's great, the experts see the Raiders as more in need of D-line to replace Sapp). The Falcons are seen as more in need of a QB, thus Ryan. And the Chiefs already have Larry Johnson; the Dolphins have Brown, and the Rams have Stephen Jackson.

Picks 3, 4 & 5 havent yet been determined. The Raiders, Chiefs and Falcons each had the same record and, amazingly, the same strength of schedule. so they all flip coins to determine 3, 4 & 5. People think the Raiders might take McFadden because Oakland typically go for flash over substance (though he's great, the experts see the Raiders as more in need of D-line to replace Sapp). The Falcons are seen as more in need of a QB, thus Ryan. And the Chiefs already have Larry Johnson; the Dolphins have Brown, and the Rams have Stephen Jackson.

Well put.... :) and I wil be at the draft... and before I wil speak to other jet fans and see who they want... if they all dont want mcfadden and we get him..I dont want to see anyone there standing and chearing..

I know if we get him... I will jump out of my seat..

btw...barber is a free agent..if you want him so bad we can just sign him.. I believe he is unrestricted...

Impossible. Julius Jones is a free agent, Barber is not. There would be no such trade talks that would land him in Miami if he were a free agent. He is under contract.

I have said that all along.

Archived